User Tag List

Page 1973 of 2550 FirstFirst ... 973 1473 1873 1923 1963 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1983 2023 2073 2473 ... LastLast
Results 29,581 to 29,595 of 38250
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

..had some thick boneless pork chops that I chunked up and fried up in the wok with S&P, garlic powder & red pepper flakes, removed from the pan and then added chopped carrot, celery, onion ,cabbage and cooked with a little chicken stock, spices, etc, then added the pork back in, more chicken stock, thickened with a bit of cornstarch and served over rice, it was really good!
    22hicks, cabmonk, walkonby and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    Another fend for yourself I guess, no one is home so I'm assuming last minute stuff. Should of planned better and prepared some home made freezer items that could of been pulled out on days like this
    Same here. And I have not motivation lately lol.
    22hicks, cabmonk, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

..I'm having an early supper and making Cod Au Gratin...I took frozen cod fillets out of the freezer on Wednesday, forgetting I'll be having the traditional baked salted cod on Sunday (Christmas Eve)..so for something different, cod au gratin it will be, I have some gouda so might try that..and maybe mashed potato

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Haute cuisine here lol

KD & beans & fish cakes.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

It is fend for myself tonight so a ham and swiss cheese sandwich or a chicken wrap.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Years ago I went on a mission to find the back bacon like the ones I used to get at the CNE years ago on a bun

Its not peameal bacon it is a smoked pork loin I believe. I tried the ones they sell at cosco and the one that I believe that a co called lou's sells at rcss and it to me does not taste the same

Any ways I finally found a butcher in Bradford that sells exactly what I remember it as. So for years we just call them up in advance and they would just slice a roast up a roast for us and they even knew the slice size and package size to put it all in so we would just pop by and pay for it all.

My wife's best friend was over one day that lives in the same town as the butcher and I asked her if she ever goes there and she informed us that they had closed down. I was devastated that my bacon source had run out. But she informed us that she knew the guy that did their books for them.

She contacted him, who contacted the original owners (who apparently remembered us, I guess because there is not a lot of people that buy complete roasts of smoked back bacon) and gave him who gave the friend who gave us the number of the company that they were getting it from.

My wife called them this morning and originally they told her that they do not sell to the public so she asked them if they could tell her what store does so we could purchase from that store. The person asked my wife where we live and she told her and the location of the store we used to buy it from. The person then asked her if we were the ones that would buy full roasts from them and obviously she told them yes.

And to our surprise the person said to come down and they would sell it direct to us. She drove down today (not the greatest day to by out in the morning) and she bought two of the roasts from them for about the price of one. We had to slice them (we have a meat slicer anyways) and package them.

Tonight's dinner is Back Bacon on a Bun (Christmas has arrived early for me)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last night was spaghetti squash with chicken and shrimp.
    Tonight is date night at the pub
    Cheers!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Fend for myself again .So leftover meat pie(tourtiere) mashed patatoes,charcuterie meat and fine cheeses.Various desserts.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

First Christmas supper of the year. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, mashed rutabaga, boiled peas, coleslaw, baked Brussels sprouts, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and vanilla icecream. I baked the following desserts and brought them with us. Chocolate revel bars, peanut butter marshmallow squares, traditional shortbread, sugar cookies, banana oatmeal cranberry cookies.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Dec 24th, 2017 at 01:45 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tacos

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

..having Christmas Eve supper at my uncle's house...baked salted cod with lots of onion and butter...I'm making a hashbrown casserole and bringing the molasses raisin bread, etc and will probably make a cheese platter and a sweet platter ...

Merry Christmas Everyone!! xo

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Turkey pot pie,mashed potato,Brussels sprouts,refrigerator cheese cake.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Normally we have munchie kind of stuff on xmas eve but I think this year we will to either fish and chips or swiss chalet

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    Normally we have munchie kind of stuff on xmas eve but I think this year we will to either fish and chips or swiss chalet
    Tonight a bunch of app's at cousins place. probably gonna be about 20 people there sometimes more. His wife goes all out and likes to host. Not just chips and stuff but she likes to find all these app recipes from people like martha stewart. I'm bringing this dessert my aunt shared on facebook.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Leftovers from yesterday + french baguette ,cream cheese and smoked salmon

Thread Information