User Tag List

Page 645 of 2555 FirstFirst ... 145 545 595 635 643 644 645 646 647 655 695 745 1145 1645 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 38325
Like Tree169266Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, I'm being brave today.
    Some of you may remember me being 'scared' to use my slow cooker. I've used it only once in the last year.
    I'm determined that it's going to change - with everyone talking so much about how they use theirs, I've just got to get my act in gear!
    So mine is going with a porkchop meal in it - found a recipe on the net which made sense to me and used ingredients I wanted, so we'll see how it turns out, and how it tastes!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

honey garlic pork chops, rice and some veggie

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

My mom is visiting so she is making stuffed peppers!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Some of you may remember me being 'scared' to use my slow cooker. I've used it only once in the last year.
    I'm determined that it's going to change - with everyone talking so much about how they use theirs, I've just got to get my act in gear!
    So mine is going with a porkchop meal in it - found a recipe on the net which made sense to me and used ingredients I wanted, so we'll see how it turns out, and how it tastes!

Oh Natalka!! I had no idea you were " skittish " about the crock pot, everything will be fab, you will just love all the free time it allows you.
    Plus anyone who tastes the meal thinks you slaved to make it! lol]

So this is what I made late ( very late after 10:00 p.m. ) for dinner last night.

No Frills great sale of rump roast, oven roasted browned taters, and the veggies were in the fridge done earlier (fresh carrots and green beans)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

babies teach us acceptance

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

leaving this for the boys for dinner & I'll leave the bread nearby, with instructions on how to use the toaster.

I'm going to walkonby's place for dinner.

Name:  Dinner.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  57.2 KB

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Loocie!! I love you!! C'mon over!!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'll bring dessert.

xx

Name:  Banana-Bread-Beer.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  21.8 KB

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    I'll bring dessert.

xx

Name:  Banana-Bread-Beer.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  21.8 KB

ha ha " peel me a cold one will you " ?

blessedmommy
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Made roast beef with homemade gravy, mashed potatoes, salad. Will be having leftover roast beef sandwich with gravy, steamed broccoli, salad.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I get donair (east coast donair no less) because I am too gimped up to cook, and my fiancé is treating me. I am sure I will regret it but they are sooooo good
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    I get donair (east coast donair no less) because I am too gimped up to cook, and my fiancé is treating me. I am sure I will regret it but they are sooooo good
    LOL. I was off on Friday and convinced my Mom to join me in some takeout donairs for lunch. I made the mistake at KOD of buying two LARGE ones. OMG, they were huge and I felt awful afterwards. But they were yummy.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    LOL. I was off on Friday and convinced my Mom to join me in some takeout donairs for lunch. I made the mistake at KOD of buying two LARGE ones. OMG, they were huge and I felt awful afterwards. But they were yummy.
    Yeah, he ordered a supreme (dear god!) and I ate about a third of it, and am stuffed. He got the rest of it - tricky bugger. It's he way to get around his dietary restrictions if it's my leftovers. Haha.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Tonight I'm making sesame crusted salmon with wasabi aioli, coconut rice, bacon wrapped asparagus sprinkled with panko crumbs and baby arugala with evoo and balsamic vinegar

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Well? What's the verdict on that crock pot meal Natalka? How'd it turn out???

I gotta be honest. I don't use mine a whole lot either because it makes me nervous. I make vegetarian chili in it and that's typically it. This past weekend I did a chicken, potato, vegetable thing. Mostly, I'm a freak about food poisoning and I have a hard time getting past the idea that I'm sticking raw chicken into a cooker, leaving it on "low" for 6-8 hours and that it's not gonna make me horribly sick at the end. Stupid, but that's my hang up.

I'm sure the crock pot designer people have already addressed that problem. I imagine (or at least, hope) the minimum temp is still above the bacteria breeding temperature of "the danger zone." But that's my hang up with crock pots. LOL. Maybe I've just worked in too many restaurants or had food poisoning once too often. But both DH and myself cook the sh*t out of all our meats and we toss dairy and such on the expiry date. No exceptions.

But enough about my silliness. How were the pork chops?
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

we ordered chicken curry, some lamb dish and garlic naan - so delicious.

Thread Information