User Tag List

Page 991 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 491 891 941 981 989 990 991 992 993 1001 1041 1091 1491 1991 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,865 of 38274
Like Tree169189Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Earlier this week, chance of frost. Tonight, it's 27! I bought a ceasar salad at Superstore earlier, was going to cook burgers, but ended up with a bunch of leftover sandwiches from work, so we ate those.
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

We were traveling this evening and I didn't want to cook so we p/u a variety bucket at KFC; I could eat just the skin! LOL

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KelJo View Post
    We were traveling this evening and I didn't want to cook so we p/u a variety bucket at KFC; I could eat just the skin! LOL
    My mom hated the skin and would always pick it off and my dad would grab it off her plate and eat it LOL! I loved all of it...The skin plus the good white meat underneath...ugh I haven't had KFC in AGESSSS...

Tonight was the first night in two weeks that I actually made and forced myself to eat a decent supper...Janes chicken fingers and some mixed veggies on the side. Then just had a chapmans cone for my 10pm snack since I got a sunburn today and my skin is burning hot...Still not up to eating my usual portion sizes, but it's a step up from only one meal a day and a few bites of food here and there that I have been doing the past few weeks after my dad passed away...Still feel like I have no appetite and feel sick immediately after eating, but I'm trying to force myself since I have so many groceries and things that I had planned on cooking before everything happened. My freezer is packed and I move in with my roommate in a week and might not have the shared freezer/fridge space for it all!
    Angela273, KelJo, vesper and 1 others like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

made easy chicken bake from kraft receipe

making my signature sweet and sour pork, got the pork tenderloin on sale and red sweet pepper on sale.
    Angela273 and KelJo like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Tonight I'm making fried wontons - with ground pork, sprouts, mushrooms, carrots, onions; I'll have to come up with sides to go with.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

well, we were traveling again this evening and I had a weird craving for seafood i.e salmon or rainbow trout either grilled or pan fried with boiled potatoes, or a nice salad etc that I was going to cook..but made the mistake of stopping at Sobey's to p/u a few groceries..and what should be out front?? Their big sign with their $9.99 pizza meal deal for this weekend. I tried to walk in front of DH so he wouldn't see it but no luck!!! ah ha ha ha...so we had pizza. But I fancied up their pepperoni pizza and added some chopped mushrooms, peppers, black olives (on 1/2) and added some extra cheese.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We were invited over to my brothers for dinner-Arctic char on the grill, rotisserie chicken, mini potatoes roasted in olive oil and balsamic vinegar which was yummy, tossed salad, yams. My SIL also made a salsa with mango, avocado, tomato, onion, garlic, lime juice and jalapeno served with pita crisps-quite good. Dessert was some donuts she had picked up including bacon flavour-not my cup of tea. Nice not to have to cook.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Jun 1st, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Natalka, Angela273, Zonny and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

hot dogs and chilli

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I boned/skinned some chicken thighs this morning, and they're soaking in a marinade. So tonight it's going to be chicken kabobs on the grill. Too hot for an oven to be in use today!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Stouffer's steak and cheese crustini
    Just call me Wolfie

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Finally! I got the gumption to cook for the week ahead! It has been weeks since I was able. DH and DS finished the fence yesterday, so I just had to cook. Made Mama Sita BBQ breaded skinless/boneless chix thighs, perogies, GF breaded fried cod, GF pizza's ( 2 x 9x 15 pans), heat and serve ham, baked sweet potatoes and squash, GF breaded and baked skinless/boneless breasts, sliced fillet style, and they can round out with the salads that are there. Doesn't seem like much actual cooking, however, it's a start.
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Jun 2nd, 2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 6 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Gee and here I thought I was doing well getting my meals planned for a week instead of by the day and you have yours all prepared! Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Finally! I got the gumption to cook for the week ahead! It has been weeks since I was able. DH and DS finished the fence yesterday, so I just had to cook. Made Mama Sita BBQ breaded skinless/boneless chix thighs, perogies, GF breaded fried cod, GF pizza's ( 2 x 9x 15 pans), heat and serve ham, baked sweet potatoes and squash, GF breaded and baked skinless/boneless breasts, sliced fillet style, and they can round out with the salads that are there. Doesn't seem like much actual cooking, however, it's a start.
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

aw lizzie, thanks. I have always done this. ( my weekend cookoffs) It just worked better for me, as I have always been a working Mom and DH and I work opposite shifts so when I get in the door, can you imagine me trying to figure out something to make him for his afternoon shift, after my exhausting day? Then trying to feed the brood after he goes? Just won't happen. This way I grab a bit of cooked this and that from the fridge, throw it into his containers and off he goes. lol

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    aw lizzie, thanks. I have always done this. ( my weekend cookoffs) It just worked better for me, as I have always been a working Mom and DH and I work opposite shifts so when I get in the door, can you imagine me trying to figure out something to make him for his afternoon shift, after my exhausting day? Then trying to feed the brood after he goes? Just won't happen. This way I grab a bit of cooked this and that from the fridge, throw it into his containers and off he goes. lol
    I'm not in the same situation with the shiftwork factor, but I am the only cook in my house. We get home around 5, DS goes to bed around 7:30, so supper needs to be ready fairly quickly! DH and I need lunches too. I do more on the weekends, but even during the week, when I do cook it's for more than one meal. If I'm prepping something like a meal for the slow cooker, I'll do some to cook now and put some in the freezer with the marinade already on it so I can just cook it from frozen. Same if I'm doing burgers on the grill or making meatballs - I cook some extras and freeze them cooked so that they're available for the nights I haven't planned well and need a quick meal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Roast pork, mashed potatoes and broccoli
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, Jun 2nd, 2013 at 06:51 PM.

Thread Information