User Tag List

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: November frugal friends (2014)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley great news about grocery shopping and staff room fridge
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Any great grocery deals/meal plans from sales? I know our fruit for the week will be bananas, pears and pineapple (.59 LB bananas/.97LB pears (oldest loves pears!) and Extra large Pineapple for $1.97) Plan on redeeming at SDM and will stock up on some food items (butter, eggs, steak, ground beef etc) but as for regular grocery shopping not seeing too much I don't think. Will plan my meals from the freezer accordingly. Tonight we are having a roast of beef (crockpot) mashed potatoes, gravy and veggies. Good meal for a snowy day.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

The only Black Friday shopping I did was crochet cotton from Herrschners. They always do 20% off so I placed my annual order.
    Andit, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Personally I would love to not spend any money right now if possible, seems to flying out quicker than it comes in and I am starting to get a little panicky about the whole thing.

Lately more and more I wonder how other people do it, I know people who make so much less than me, work less hours than me but seem to have to much more. I can only assume they are living in debit which I am not (other than our mortgage) but I must say at times it is frustrating. Like the number of kids 10 and under I know are getting an Ipad this year for Christmas and me at 30 and single with no kids cannot afford one. Sorry for my whining just kind of having one of those weeks.
    Have you been reading my mind, thoughts ....

I keep saying to dh what are we doing wrong??? How can we just not get ahead of this rat race (matter of speaking) but seriously you take 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards.

This weekend we are doing 1 middle redemption $105.00 I think which will be mostly groceries (milk, eggs, cereals all of which is on sale) plus bread and then stocking stuffers and 1 gift for bil. I know it won't take much to reach $105.00 but it sure will help my grocery budget in the end. I will be getting 4 bags of milk permitted the expiration dates are long as I plan to only do groceries bi-weekly this month and don't have much budgeted for it. I also plan to redeem $20.00 in pc points later this month again for staples to stretch this expensive month's budget out.

I really wish that grocery prices would go down but I think I am daydreaming and while they're at it how about cutting the delivery charges for Hydro (end of rant)
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    The only Black Friday shopping I did was crochet cotton from Herrschners. They always do 20% off so I placed my annual order.
    I bet that's a huge order considering you do it everyday but great job on placing it with the 20%
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-glad you have enough points for a SDM redemption. Enjoy your free shop!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Pay day today
    Got my hair cut tonight so it wont strangle me in my sleep. Finished my first attempt at a loom knit infinity scarf. Watching red 2 tonight and relaxing

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

So I got to see the doctor 1/2hr after my appointment time. I was a "long" patient too, so I felt bad for people that were after me. My appointment time was 1:50, but I didn't get out of the office until 3:00. Both tests are ordered and I got some of my questions answered. I will need to ask questions when they call me with an appointment date. I will be a good idea to take dh with me in case I react to the contrast die or don't feel well after the test since the hospital is 2.5hrs away from where we live. If I get the test in December it might be a big problem for dh to get the day off work because Purolator has a black-out period for the entire month due to it being extra busy.

I then picked up some groceries at NF and pm'd some stuff from WM. I redeemed $20 in points towards my purchases. I submitted my receipt to the Snap app and am hoping that they credit me properly for the 10 tubs of Huggies wipes that I purchased...it's my first time redeeming for multiples since they app changed. We then got meat from Sobeys one day sale. $2.99 500g bacon x 5, best price I have seen in a very long time. $2.99/lb chicken thighs x 2 packs. Rain check for $6.99 ham sausages 2pk for 675g + 20bonus AM. I'll hope to purchase it on Tuesday with the additional 10% discount.

We ultimately didn't take LO swimming today because the water at the pool is cold and they didn't compensate for the dropping temperatures outside. Might still take him later this weekend. We have 2 Christmas parties this week.

I was still feeling pretty stressed out so we got Domino's for supper.
    Domino's pizza. I bought an ECS card for discounts, fundraiser from the local high school. Bought one large pizza (Canadian) and cheese bread, get other large pizza free (bbq chicken). It was quite yummy and there are leftovers for tomorrow. I paid $23.xx for everything. I used a $15 free pre-paid credit card for most of the purchase.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

quite the day here. lots done. lots to do. this weekend.. well from here on..i don't know who pushed the ball.. but its rolling now...
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I bet that's a huge order considering you do it everyday but great job on placing it with the 20%
    It`s quite a small order this year...only 34 balls. I already have a lifetime supply of white which I got super cheap at Spinrite tent sale a couple years ago. I have to order most of the colours online because Walmart only carries a few.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Day in here, Mom has a massive order for a first Bday party tomorrow, 115 hand decorated cookies, a cake plus I think something like 75 cupcakes all with a lady bug theme.

I am going to clean figure well she is here I can ask her if she wants to keep, toss or sell things and try to get our living room back. I am determined to to get back to a function living room in time for Christmas.

I also need to start packing, I was going to start this morning but I think I loaned my travel bag to my mom because it is not in my room where it should be. I am now waiting for her to wake up so I can go and raid her room for it.

Tomorrow we shop, I have to go to Costco to get my passport photo done so we will shop well we wait for it to be ready. I will leave this with my Mom and she will drop off for me this week well I am away. Than we are off to Shoppers to redeem, I have a pretty good idea of what we are going to get but I will start a list today. Than maybe off to Wal-Mart depending on the time. I do not think we need much in the way of groceries as I am away and Mom is working a lot of closing next week and won't be home much so she will mostly eat out of the freezer.

I will see if I can squeeze in a little baking today in between Mom's so I have a couple things to take with me next week. Already feeling like there will not be enough time in this weekend to get everything done. I really dislike weekends like this where there is so much to get done and I know come the end of the weekend some stuff will not be done.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Went to bed super early and slept in. Not sure if that's a good thing, we'll see.

Debating whether to buy a breadmaker. Don't really need it, but it would be nice to just pour ingredients into a gizmo and have fresh bread come out. I know the brats would enjoy it, well, Quincy cat would enjoy playing with the bread, while Lily dog waits patiently in a puddle of drool.

Brats are starving and waiting for their second seating, so I should explain to them that breakfast is only served once per day, and we don't observe every time zone in the country. I should never have tried to explain jet lag to them.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

saundyl beautiful scarft, you should be proud!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Angela I do think it would be a great idea to bring your hubby with you just incase, better safe than sorry as they say

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Andit you must have needed the sleep and your brats are too funny
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information