User Tag List

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: November frugal friends (2014)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-frugalbigmama your shoppers has steak or meat -wow that would be awesome
    -ahh casey a tree for free thats awesome-my girlfriend gave a pointsetta plant last night -and I had 2 glasses of red wine as we chatted her hubby and mine too

-then we got in a debate about if your morgage is paid off-could you live on 1,300 a month -so hubby kept saying he could w would go down to one car etc cut expenses(well my girlfriend decied to say we entertain and that costs extra (we made plans to go over last week and she siad we dont have anything to serve you -hhuuuu
    so when we got there at 7.00 she had run over to food basics-so she said to hubby this junk food -pretzels nuts tarts etc cost 70.00 and I dont coupon (don't have time)of course they make way more money than we do (but we are happy we live within our means-of course the odd treats)
    -what bothered me was when I said i spend 400.00 to 480 a month on food -the she said well we eat very well all the time-hello hubby and I are having steak and baked potatoes today
    -some people will never get couponing -she is one of them-she is very opinioned but I have known her 23 years -he I told her I havent bought lundry soap,shower gel,soap ,toothaste In monthsse shugged it off and said well thats fine we do eat well
    -heres a thought i should have told her that she didn't need to spend 70.00 on junkfood -I would have been happy with just a tea mind you the2 glasses of wine we fine-lollll
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Nov 28th, 2014 at 08:34 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Coupon girl- She sounds like a snob lol $1300 is so do-able with no mortgage and kids to take care of.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

And for groceries, my budgeted money is low (because I like to save my money not waste it) and we eat great! My honey is an amazing cook so we eat fancy meals most nights but since I'm a smart shopper I buy everything on sale and stock up and really stock up when items work out free (pasta, bbq sauce etc) And really use my points and redeem when stuff is on sale etc. I totally shop the sales and fruit for the week is what is on sale (last week my kids feasted on kiwi, pears and pineapple!) I always have ice cream in the freezer for them (4 free premium Chapmans tubs in there right now) Last minute shopping is when it cost money ($70 for nuts? lol) And we enjoy our wine for our date nights but we make our own so that saves us huge Planning is key and I know you do that too Coupon girl. We can't let the haters try to bring us down

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

I suspect it's going to be a long day. I stayed up til dawn chatting with a good friend. Then my bestest canine friend and roommate insisted on waking me up an hour after I finally went to bed. Not to be outdone, my bestest feline friend then screamed at me for taking too long in making breakfast and - horrors! - serving the same thing as yesterday. Clearly I am not getting any Xmas bonus from them.

Off to go cuddle my cat if I know what's good for me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so far not a bad day. figured out exactly what im buying all for christmas.
    slowly working on making enough money on FB sites to pay for everything. nada OOP.
    making homemade goodies to create trays for family/friends.
    its Friday!
    all I really need is a nap!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Went down to No Frills-happy with my oranges for 66 per lb, apples for 67 lb and reduced bananas for 38 cents a lb. I think we are stocked up on fruit for a few days. I also just ordered some gift cards for DD for Xmas using Aeroplan miles so I hope they arrive on time.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to the Laundromat on my lunch break and used the dryer too! So it's all folded and ready to put away. Have decided I'm going to buy an new washer and not bother fixing mine (Cost just for a service call and then to fix, not worth it. It came with the house I bought 3 years ago and was a year or 2 old) But I'm just buying a washer and keeping my dryer. I don't care that they don't match (they are stacked now and won't be able to do that but it blocks the light a bit so I wanted the dryer down anyway ) Found a few Black Friday deals so will decide this weekend

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    But I will have sweaters and may not freeze this winter (I am ALWAYS cold, I carry a polar fleece sweater in the summer), yeah.
    You really are my long lost twin! I wear wool sweaters to the grocery store in summer because I'm SO cold in their freezer section.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -then we got in a debate about if your morgage is paid off-could you live on 1,300 a month -so hubby kept saying he could w would go down to one car etc cut expenses(well my girlfriend decied to say we entertain and that costs extra (we made plans to go over last week and she siad we dont have anything to serve you -hhuuuu
    That amount would barely cover our childcare costs (not including food, trip fees, late fees, etc.). DH's work costs would suck up nearly half (transportation and things he doesn't get reimbursed for), so that amount would be tight for us. If we were retired, that would be a whole different story! I have been thinking about early retirement. It really costs us a lot to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Went to the Laundromat on my lunch break and used the dryer too! So it's all folded and ready to put away. Have decided I'm going to buy an new washer and not bother fixing mine (Cost just for a service call and then to fix, not worth it. It came with the house I bought 3 years ago and was a year or 2 old) But I'm just buying a washer and keeping my dryer. I don't care that they don't match (they are stacked now and won't be able to do that but it blocks the light a bit so I wanted the dryer down anyway ) Found a few Black Friday deals so will decide this weekend
    A new washer sounds nice! It's amazing how the price of service makes buying new an option. I'm finding it to be true of so many things lately. Speaking of which, I should find out the cost of fixing our electric kettle. It no longer shuts off anymore so we have to watch it.

Anyone doing any Black Friday shopping? I bought my BIL's gift and DH's gift using swagbucks. I think I'll need to get DH another gift since it really was a replacement gift for something we bought that we didn't end up keeping a few years ago.

Yesterday, DH and I took a day to visit the lawyer to finally do our will. We still have to go back and sign it next year, but at least it's been started. We also went out to lunch for the first time since LO was born. It might be close to two years since we went out as a couple, just the two of us. We got take-out though, so we could eat at the dinner table while playing a board game. Not very frugal of us, but it has been awhile.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I wish I could go nuts Black Friday shopping lol. But the things I think of for DS I may be able to get at Shoppers when I redeem tomorrow or at Superstore No tax and could redeem PC points so I'm waiting. But I did just buy him a movie for $19.99 at Cineplex.com (or .ca?) and received 2 Free admission tickets so I think that was a deal!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Just dropping in for a quick Hi
    Heading out to No Frills for some free icecream since I have to go to a few other places as well. Hope everyone is having a good friday
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My only Black Friday shopping this year is Old Navy and only because I NEED the items, like really NEED. Other wise I would have loved to kip it this year. Other than my mom most gifts are bought 90% of my shopping was giftcards so I did the SDM promotion to get me the points I needed to do a redemption this weekend. Personally I would love to not spend any money right now if possible, seems to flying out quicker than it comes in and I am starting to get a little panicky about the whole thing. Seems like everything we come up with to save us $$$ will cost us $$$ first and well that going out number seems to going up quicker than the coming in number.

Lately more and more I wonder how other people do it, I know people who make so much less than me, work less hours than me but seem to have to much more. I can only assume they are living in debit which I am not (other than our mortgage) but I must say at times it is frustrating. Like the number of kids 10 and under I know are getting an Ipad this year for Christmas and me at 30 and single with no kids cannot afford one. Sorry for my whining just kind of having one of those weeks.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm pretty anxious right now. I have my gp appointment this afternoon to try and book the requested tests. I have a bunch of questions planned out and will also be letting her know about my plan to switch clinics, I'll tell her at the end. LO is taking his nap and the doctor's office says that my gp is pretty much running on time. I'm going to have to wake him up and take him with me soon. When we are done at the clinic I am going to do some grocery shopping of "black Friday" sales at NF (pm WM Activia plus personal offer of 800pts each, Huggies wipes, etc), Sobeys (meat), and WM (Tide, on last just of detergent). *shrug* All things I have been keeping an eye out for.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good aft, all!

Well, we are getting some snow, with more to come. There have been warnings out, but often those just skirt us, so we'll see. Windchill overnight will be -33, so EEK!

No Black Friday shopping for me, I'll see on the weekend if I do any online or not.

With those of you talking about appliances and things you have broken - I must tell you what a savings it has been to have a handy husband - well, he's more than handy, he's been a miracle worker for SO many things. He's resurrected our dryer so many times, it's just crazy!

Hope y'all have a great afternoon!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Lately more and more I wonder how other people do it, I know people who make so much less than me, work less hours than me but seem to have to much more. I can only assume they are living in debit which I am not (other than our mortgage) but I must say at times it is frustrating. Like the number of kids 10 and under I know are getting an Ipad this year for Christmas and me at 30 and single with no kids cannot afford one. Sorry for my whining just kind of having one of those weeks.
    My guess is that they spend all their non-working hours on Swagbucks. I have no idea....

If anyone is looking for a frugal themed gift, Save with Jamie is 75% off for the hardcover version. It's $9.50, formerly listed at $37.99. That's a nice hostess gift or maybe something for that really hard to buy for person and also returnable by your giftee.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1443...pf_rd_i=915398
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

no black Friday shopping for me -gonna shop either after midnight tonight or early on sat morning at shoppers need a new camera -yeah free

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information