User Tag List

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: November frugal friends (2014)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Has anyone got their shopping list made? I thought I wouldn`t need to buy much this week but got a few good PC Plus offers that I don`t want to pass up. 5000 on $20 produce, 5000 on $20 fresh meat...Zehrs has back ribs on for $2.88 til Sun, bulk foods 8000 on $20...good time to stock up on nuts for the nuts`n bolts

Also need to get a GT gc for our neighbour. He is so good to us and will never let me pay anything so hubby always gets him a big bottle of whiskey and I know he shops a lot at GT.
    Andit, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

DH is now trying to get a hold of the other person to discuss the quote. I really want to crawl into bed and start the day over again. This time, I would run late and pull DH's timing back by 10 minutes.

Why are quotes always 10 times worse than you think they should be?
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    DH is now trying to get a hold of the other person to discuss the quote. I really want to crawl into bed and start the day over again. This time, I would run late and pull DH's timing back by 10 minutes.

Why are quotes always 10 times worse than you think they should be?
    I hope he guy/gal sticks to his/her word but hoping your dh got the other person's insurance information just incase he/she backs out.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ohhh sweet sparrow glad your okay thou
    -mrs.sunshine trees are lovely

my neighbour just came over for tea-she was saying everything is going up in price -so I le her look tru some of my dec coupons-just wanted to help a little

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Haven't done my shopping list yet. Will grab some fresh fruit on sale (clementines for sure if they look nice) and I'm craving a nice greek salad sometime this weekend so hope to find everything I need on sale and looking fresh! Will only shop the sales and eat from the freezer if needed.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-made 12.00 from kijiji today sold a few skirts total from kiiji 148.00 so far

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Home Sweet Home

Got home and got my lap top all connected so I can now connect to work from home and work from home which makes me happy. I love the idea that I can now still leave at 4 come home and do what I need to get done at home and than can log on and get any work I need to catch up on done. This way I do not have to feel bad for leaving at 4 as I must admit some days by 4 pm I am done and really feel the need to get out of the office. So this way I can get out do something different and than come back to it.

Tonight's dinner is steak and mushrooms in gravy over mashed potatoes. Last night at No Frills I found a bag of Cremini mushrooms on the reduced to clear rack for $0.99 and there were at least 3 packages of lose mushrooms in the bag. So that pretty much choose dinner for us. Can't wait to eat I am so loving anything comfort food right now.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

We're back home after getting spoiled rotten by my Mom.

Had a rough time of it between today being the first anniversary of losing my Dad and yesterday finding out that the little Labrador I play with once a week suddenly died (she was playing in the park and had a heart attack - poor thing was only 6!).

Good news at the vet, he thinks that with one last round of antibiotics, Lily dog's booboo should be healed. Still have no idea what caused it, but the little fatty tissue bump that was there under the booboo seems to have also gone away. Not sure what the poor girl is going to do once she stops taking antibiotics, she's getting used to having a spoonful of something yummy after dinner with her meds. Let's hope the brat doesn't pretend she's sick just to get extra treats (my brats would do that ).

Looking forward to a nice lunch with SCers tomorrow. Happy memories are what we all need, given the crazy weather and all else going on in our lives.

Better go feed the starving troops, it's been 2 whole hours since they've had a snack! I am a terrible servant it would appear (since yesterday, they've been eating more or less non-stop, including the middle of the night when the humans were roused from their slumber to satisfy a cat desperate for treats and a dog desperate for attention). Sunday will be early enough to start the dieting process.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day and has a lovely evening.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My dental cleaning went fine, but the dentist didn't see me. I was informed that he only sees me once a year, even though my coverage would pay for every 5months. My coverage didn't cover the number of scaling units. They went over my coverage by 1.5 units, which is completely out of my pocket. The rest is covered at 85%. So this appointment cost me more than expected. No dentists in my community direct bill anymore, so I paid in full and dh will receive $89 back from his coverage. At my previous appointment, that was when they told me that everyone is now recommended to get their teeth cleaned every 4months now. This appointment they suggested a specific at home water pick that I could purchase. My mouth is still sore/tender and the appointment was 9hrs ago. *shrug*

I washed the living room carpet this afternoon and it looks SO much better now. The entire process took me nearly 2hrs.

Tomorrow morning we are registering LO for the January-March session of gymnastics. I was pleasantly surprised when I received an e-mail with details that said it would cost us $60 instead of $85 because he just finished the fall session of gymnastics. Not much for plans this weekend. Need to buy another jug of milk and a few fresh veggies, etc. Need to wash my work clothes, etc. They are forecasting quite a bit of snow for Sunday. Today and tomorrow melting, so as long as it doesn't rain first, the roads hopefully won't be too slick. I'd like to enjoy some time outside tomorrow with LO and dh if the weather is nice, like it is forecast to be. Some predictions of rain, so only time will tell.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Nov 21st, 2014 at 10:59 PM. Reason: gramatical error
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

A certain someone kept me up half the night with his snoring (silly cat has half a dozen beds, but insisted on sleeping on the carpet beside me). Poor Lily dog somehow managed to sleep through the noise.

Can't wait for lunch time - I'm meeting up with some SCers from another thread for good food and even better company.

Debating whether to get a little housework done before I go or just go play with the brats. I suspect it will be the latter (I have my priorities straight).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Angela that seems kind of odd that the dentist only sees you one a year, I know at my old dentist (I haven't been to a dentist in over 2 or 3 years, mine dropped me after a disagreement) would not let you leave until you saw the dentist which was a huge pain in the you know what. Once I had to wait 30 minutes for her to be done with another patient because she forgot to come see me before she went in with another patient, did not make me happy that my 1 hour dentist appointment in the end, ended up being almost 2 hours, especially since I took time out of my day at work to go.

So far a slow start to my day here, I have the laundry started. Anyone else every have one of those weeks were it is like okay seriously did everyone in house change like 4 times each because the amount of laundry we have this week is completely ridiculous? I have many plans for today but we will have to see if they happen. If not there is always tomorrow, Mom is working again. I always seems to get more done when she is not here but I think that is because Mom tends to over think things where is I am at the point of okay some stuff has to go because this house just is not big enough for everything we have in it plus we have a storage unit we need to empty full of furniture from Nanny's mom wanted to keep. So we will see what happens, right now I am thinking I need about 10 more cups of tea.

Hope everyone has a great day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just popped over to Co-op to pick up a couple of things-I was quite surprised that the lady in front of me had a bill of $396 for her cart of groceries. Perhaps she does not shop often or has a big family but it did appear from what I saw on the belt that she shops for convenience rather than price. Somhow even if I had all the money in the world I could not bring myself to spend that amount on what I presume was a weekly shop for food. So far this month I have spent $390.25.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We just got back from running around too. Cashed in $40 in PC points so paid .15 cents cash for lots! 6 family bars of cheese. ( old for Mac and cheese and mozzarella for pizza). Family tray of chicken wings (boys love them so we are going to make them at home next weekend I think while decorating and putting the tree up) and a bunch of other things. Split urged on new Greek cream cheese for mamma.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

FOodland has the premium Chapmans icecream on for $3.99 for those with Chapman coupons to use up. I grabbed 2 today but have 3 more coupons to use up. Love free ice cream
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

SA: I so agree with laundry. I am trying to break my boys of a fresh towel for every day. I do have the older one wearing jeans 2-3 times before the wash. Since he is a teen I am OK with that. He used to go for a clean pair every day. So this year I did not buy 5 pairs.
    I am going to head out to SDM later to troll for next weekend. DH and I can do three mega redemptions and I want to try and get as many of the gifts as possible this way. Last year I had enough for 6 (I never redeem during the year) and I gave three to others. Needless to say I spent a lot less there this year. If I can’t get the DS games I want at SDM then I will do a shop with my brother as he is still struggling and three redemptions of useless stuff just becomes clutter IMO. DH had some good offers this week too so I am going to use those up. Eggs at 1.99 (I get the omega eggs when we have this offer) & cereal for 1.99 so I will get rice krispies and use my Checkout 51 offer. Can’t beat a buck for cereal.

The boys want a new game system but I think I am not going to risk issues with the return policy at SDM and just buy it at Walmart. The one they have has a game that was also asked for.

Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information