User Tag List

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree4701Likes

Thread: April Showers of Savings the sequel - 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit so sorry for your bff's family and especially her father, sad new indeed, sending prayers for all
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

for those that are not brand specific Independent has 24 rolls (2 ply) for $3 this week, I purchased 4 as we were down to our last 5 pieces (lol) scary thought when you have no backup

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am not nearly as clever as you ladies at figuring out my exact meal prices in my head. However I looked back at what my husband tracked in Quicken and apparently in the last 4 weeks we have spent $120 per week on food which equals $5.71 per meal( B, L and D) for 3 people. I know lots of people feed their families for less( and I applaud you!). I think prices vary so much by region and diet-GF, vegetarian etc. I try not to buy too many processed foods( but the odd item does find its way into my cart!) but we sure are not eating free range, all organic or any such specialty diet. Lots of fresh fruit and veggies which hopefully will come down in price over the summer.

We met our house exchangers from Vancouver Island this morning and both couples got on well-DD was at school. So I am sure we will have a great time when we do our exchange in July. Gosh maybe I need to start a new thread-the SC home swap section!
    ROMEO, Crochetlady, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone. I'm off to fight City Hall this morning. The brilliant powers that be have decided that all taxis should be wheelchair accessible. In theory, this is a great idea. In reality, people who have no clue made the decision. There is only one design option that cabbies are allowed to choose (there are many many kinds of accessible cabs available) & this has to be the least useful type. Picture a minivan with the back row taken out. Instead of a side ramp, there is a ramp to the back of the vehicle, so that someone in a wheelchair has to first go play in traffic to get to the ramp, then ride in cargo. If someone has mobility issues and uses a walker or cane, they are not able to use the ramp (it only leads to the cargo area) and have to climb onto the running board to get into the cab. Here's hoping someone has a brain and actually listens. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone. I'm off to fight City Hall this morning. The brilliant powers that be have decided that all taxis should be wheelchair accessible. In theory, this is a great idea. In reality, people who have no clue made the decision. There is only one design option that cabbies are allowed to choose (there are many many kinds of accessible cabs available) & this has to be the least useful type. Picture a minivan with the back row taken out. Instead of a side ramp, there is a ramp to the back of the vehicle, so that someone in a wheelchair has to first go play in traffic to get to the ramp, then ride in cargo. If someone has mobility issues and uses a walker or cane, they are not able to use the ramp (it only leads to the cargo area) and have to climb onto the running board to get into the cab. Here's hoping someone has a brain and actually listens. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Andi, when we were in Washington last week, I had ordered a wheelchair delivered to our hotel...it was waiting for us when we arrived and I was so relieved! Without it, there was no walking anywhere for me!
    The first time our doorman hailed a cab, we discovered that any "car" type taxi couldn't put it into their trunks! So each time we needed one, he hailed a van for us, and we'd watch a dozen taxi cars go by when we needed to get back, until we finally spotted and hailed a van! So frustrating!
    I emailed the provider to inform them that tourists need wheelchairs that can be put into trunks if taxi "cars"... If there is such a unit, I don't know...

Good luck with city hall! You'll need it, Andi.......!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@jasperandchar - The ground beef (I think its lean too) from Shoppers is 1Lb per tube. So at $9.99 for the 3 not too bad considering I've seen them selling for $5 each at my RCSS. (fresh though) So last year I think the reg price was $9.99 and sale price was $8.99. So not surprising that the reg. price has jumped to $14.99.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Took out one lean beef tube (free redeemed at SDM) and one package of ground pork $4.82 ($1.99LB at Metro a while back) to make burger patties. Bought a 12 pk of buns for $1.88 at GT. Will make Ceaser salad with homemade dressing. Once I see how many patties I make I will have a better idea for cost but will have tons of leftovers for kids lunches and another dinner so pretty cheap meal in my opinion.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Last night's dinner was Homemade pizza which cost us next to nothing going to guess somewhere between $3 to $5 for both of us and we were stuffed. The dough was homemade costing next to nothing as we bought all the items in bulk, Cheese also next to nothing got with manager stickers at SDM for $0.79/bring and we only used half, plus various veggies from the fridge again for what was used only cost use a few cents. The high priced items were the pepperoni bag cost $4.00 but will get 5 or so pizza out of this as we will break down the bag and freeze what is left, also bacon we buy the real bacon crumbles from Costco and a bag last us about 6 months and we use it for everything from Soups to Breakfasts to Salads.

Tonight's dinner will be club Sandwiches buns are approximate $0.50/each so $1 for both we will split a chicken breast which we picked up a family pack from Costco approximately $1.00, bacon found the thick cut PC Stuff on clearance at RCSS for $0.99/pack broke it down into smaller packs cost is approximately $0.10 for what we will use tonight plus tomatoes bough on sale last week approximately cost $0.15 plus probably a bag of fries as a side $1.00. So all and all this meal should cost us around $5.00 even if add some cheese or lettuce.

Mom is working tomorrow night so I think well I have the house to myself I am going to root around the freezer we have not cleaned yet and see what I can find to use up. I believe Mom is off this weekend so hopefully Saturday we can clean out this freezer, it needs to be defrosted but I think we have worked out a plan. We will keep meat and other products we vacuum seal in this freezer as it tends to get very frosty and breads and produce will go in the chest freezer where things are not as frosty. As well our Bin system is working wonderfully, could not be happier it is now so easy to find what we want, only issue is a few bins are looking pretty sparse we really need some beef sales on almost every cut.

Time to get back to work have a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

On Sunday I sorted the baby girl clothes into boxes. This morning I made arrangements to buy a bag of baby girl socks for $2 and she only lives 2 blocks away. I have yet to be given any socks or shoes for baby girl.

Supper plans
    Monday: chicken & mushroom Alfredo with linguini
    Tuesday: home made corn chowder
    Wednesday: breakfast for supper
    Thursday: cream of mushroom soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. I have a dental cleaning in the morning, so my mouth might be tender.
    Friday? Breakfast for supper

1 breakfast for supper
    breakfast sausage, hash browns, eggs, sliced banana, strawberries, blackberries, and milk

2 breakfast for supper
    home made waffles made with vanilla yogurt that needs used up. I want to make extras to freeze, they are the right size for my toaster. Can have with breakfast sausage, syrup, icecream, and fruit.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I received a phone call from a teacher that I taught for last week. She booked me for Th & Fri next week, in town. I now have 5 days pre-booked in May.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day all!

Slow start on here, but not in reality, lol!

I was up before 2 a.m., though, so went back to bed for a bit more sleep after my husband got up.

Nice and sunny today, the snow is disappearing nicely!

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley so pleased that your bin system is working for both you and your mom. Where's the beef? I hear you, I'm also hoping for a sale on rib steaks & ground beef this month but I won't hold my breath (lol).

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm giving myself a gold star for today,

1 load of white hung outside and folded & put away
    1 load of darks, still hanging outside
    1 load of fleece & sweaters handing outside
    I will fold the remaining laundry tonight while watching the news
    **** All caught up on the laundry

1 large pot of soup (used 3 chicken breast bone carcass from the freezer) and 1 pork breast bone (from the freezer). 1 box of Barilla macaroni for .4 great sale from 2 years ago, 1 can of tomatoes (.50) sale from a while ago using coupon, 1 mason jar of canned carrots

Chinese partridge balls & French fries for supper (partridge from dh's hunting), $1 for Cavendish fries

I also cooked a 9 pack of chicken made Southern Oven Fried chicken to take with him for his 2 days away at the cottage cost $5 on sale this week at Independent Grocers.

I had a $15 pickup today and dh is meeting someone this evening before his meeting with the Priest for $37 so I need to start taking pictures and posting more junk for sale. I'm going to take this $ and put in the renovation account since we need to purchase a large spray foam kit this fall to insulate Logan's old room and I would also love to replace the window in the dinning room as there is fog between the glasses.

So I'm going to get a lot done Wednesday through Friday afternoon while dh is away at the cottage, apparently a squirrel is living in the downstairs, go figure the rodent proof insulate is not a deterant to squirrels and that rodent proof insulate is very expensive....sigh.

My plans are to
    tackle the desk....I just can't keep it tidy & filing....eeek
    post as many items as I can for sale
    baking (thinking m&m choc chip cookies) cheap cholate from SDM clearance bin yesterday
    get the boys to try on the summer clothes from a bin under the stairs

I have not rec'd any name suggestion for May so if everyone is fine please post which you prefer last years name with the sequel added or just May frugal chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@jasperandchar Wow you had a very productive day! Good for you. I hope to get stuff done once I get home from work. Will for sure make spareroom bed with clean sheets I washed on the weekend. Put away the last of the clean launder. Put a load on at 7pm and make sure to hang to dry once I hear the washer is finished. Post stuff for sale! (Had a $1 pick up today! Every $ counts and a pair of DS's too small shoes are out the door ) But 1st I have to make the burger patties with the meat I took out to defrost and bbq all of them But will get stuff done while cooking dinner.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Dinner tonight will be cheap as we having Omelettes, left over ham from Sunday dinner and cheese that was shredded for Saturdays dinner. It’s just three of us as DH is away.
    I also realized I need to buy shin pads as Logan is going back to soccer after 3 summers of Lacrosse. At least the equipment is far cheaper. In fact I have played as an adult and he may be able to wear mine shin pads. He still has cleats as field lacrosse needs cleats.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information