User Tag List

Page 136 of 226 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3376
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Cheesecake squares. I didn't put any sugar in the crumb base and I should have, it's a little bland. They're for Christmas (I have to start now if I want a respectable spread 2 months from now I work retail so I'm going to have NO time to bake) so when I serve them, it'll be with a toothpick stuck through a cherry from pie filling. That'll sweeten it up enough.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Made another croustade aux pommes (apple crustard) great fall desert
    now I am thinking of others apples easy recepies or a banana bread maybe.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I need to start the baking for the weeks worth of lunches, I'm thinking of making some sort of blueberry muffins.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Cranberry squares in the oven - my son's request. I use my rhubarb squares recipe and sub a cranberry mixture.

I cook up a bag of fresh cranberries, using 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar - about five minutes, leave to cool and thicken. (I had to add extra sugar today, even though I like it sour, it was too sour.)
    And I added cinnamon and nutmeg to the crumb mixture.

This recipe:

Rhubarb squares
    ------------------

Combine:
    2 cups diced rhubarb
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1 Tbsp flour
    1 tsp cinnamon
    pinch salt

In another bowl, mix together:
    1/2 cup flour
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 cup rolled oats
    Rub in 1/2 cup margarine or butter, to make the mixture crumbly.

Pour half of this mixture into an 8" square pan, add all of the rhubarb mixture, then add the rest of the crumbs on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes til golden.
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Oct 18th, 2015 at 07:36 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Still doing my Christmas baking.

I made fudge that didn't set yesterday.. Anyone have any favorite truffle recipes? Or recipes calling for fudge-y stuff that is not quite a solid but also not a complete liquid? I think I'm going to do M&M truffles (I sprinkled the top with M&Ms already, before I knew it wasn't setting, so those will come off the very top), Oreo, caramel maybe, nuts, mint, and maybe peanut butter. Any suggestions? Never made them before.

Also got done my brownies today, they're in the oven right now. Regular, mint and walnut.

My favorite thing I've made today is mini cinnamon-sugar donuts for the Children's Community Foundation bake sale we're having at work. Yesterday I was at a thrift store (that was closing, so an additional 70% off of marked prices!) and found mini donut plates for a Big Boss Grill. I don't have one but I put them in the oven on another cookie sheet and they worked perfectly fine. So I made a dozen large donuts and 3 containers worth of mini donuts packed in 2s in muffin cups. They look ADORABLE.

If you're going to get donut pans, buy a couple. It's mind numbing doing one sheet at a time, it takes forever. At least I had minis and my regular size pan on the go at the same time.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

GF banana bread - yum!

Silk
    Have a great life!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

the past 2 weeks, i made 100% bran muffins; Apple crisp (no sugar in the apples, but totally delicious); and baked apples with maple syrup.

The Apple crisp is actually called Apple Brown Betty (dont know why) and it is one of my older recipes. There is no sugar in the apple mixture, only in the oats mixture and it isnt very sweet but gives it a nice flavour. Tastes like apple pie a bit.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

In the last few days I've made (still doing that Christmas stuff... all of my baking posts will be Christmas related from here on out so don't judge I'm not eating it all now, I swear!) :

-3 kinds of brownies: Regular, walnut and chocolate peppermint (which smell DIVINE by the way, you can smell them as soon as you open the box of baking)
    - Robin Hood chocolate butterscotch ripple bars, which was an old recipe my mom got out of a recipe book in the store years ago and made a few times and then it got forgotten. http://www.robinhood.ca/Recipes/Bars...Ripple-Squares They are SO GOOD, I let everyone have a nibble of this one. I'm so glad I remembered it was a Robin Hood recipe so I could dig it up. Bless mum for buying one kind of flour all through my childhood.

Next up are Nanaimo bars.
    Last edited by Chantel; Wed, Oct 21st, 2015 at 05:01 AM.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    In the last few days I've made (still doing that Christmas stuff... all of my baking posts will be Christmas related from here on out so don't judge I'm not eating it all now, I swear!) :

-3 kinds of brownies: Regular, walnut and chocolate peppermint (which smell DIVINE by the way, you can smell them as soon as you open the box of baking)
    - Robin Hood chocolate butterscotch ripple bars, which was an old recipe my mom got out of a recipe book in the store years ago and made a few times and then it got forgotten. http://www.robinhood.ca/Recipes/Bars...Ripple-Squares They are SO GOOD, I let everyone have a nibble of this one. I'm so glad I remembered it was a Robin Hood recipe so I could dig it up. Bless mum for buying one kind of flour all through my childhood.

Next up are Nanaimo bars.
    The chocolate peppermint brownies sound divine. Can you share your recipe, pls!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Here's my favorite recipe:

http://thefrugalchef.com/2009/12/fudge-brownie-recipe/

I made a ganache out of a mint dairy milk bar and put a few drops of peppermint flavoring into the batter itself, but I think just the topping is enough.

For 1 full recipe as prepared above, I would use 1.5-2 chocolate bars to get an even coating. When making my 3 kinds I doubled the recipe and split the batter into thirds for 3 kinds, so I didn't need as much chocolate on top.
    Last edited by Chantel; Wed, Oct 21st, 2015 at 03:38 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

last night I did up a box ( mix ) of gf brownies. This morning I found a recipe that looked very comfort foody, so that is in the oven now. It is called Magic Chicken Pie.....here is the site I got it from.

http://bakeatmidnite.com/magic-chicken-pie/

the tough part for me was " don't stir anything " just keep adding layers, so I hope this sucker turns out.
    Momof3girlies and Crochetlady like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    last night I did up a box ( mix ) of gf brownies. This morning I found a recipe that looked very comfort foody, so that is in the oven now. It is called Magic Chicken Pie.....here is the site I got it from.

http://bakeatmidnite.com/magic-chicken-pie/

the tough part for me was " don't stir anything " just keep adding layers, so I hope this sucker turns out.
    Well thanks for that link Walks, just spent a half hour looking at her recipes. There are some really great recipes there.Please let me know how yours turned out. Off to take my cholesterol meds!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Well thanks for that link Walks, just spent a half hour looking at her recipes. There are some really great recipes there.Please let me know how yours turned out. Off to take my cholesterol meds!!!
    well here is the thing about recipes and making stuff at the crack of dawn. I substituted a can of roasted chicken noodle soup along with a can of Franco American turkey gravy ( to make it thicker like the cream of chicken soup that was called for ) I had no bouillon cubes, BUT I had a carton of No Salt chicken broth ( used 2 cups ) .
    Since the pan I used was way bigger than 9 x12, I mixed up extra Bisquick and grated extra cheese, but I was just unsure how much liquid was to be poured over, so I mixed together that 2 cups carton broth, the can of soup AND the can of gravy and poured it all over.
    I had to cook it a full hour for the top ( Bisquick ) to brown up.
    The guys came in from work and " what smells so good " was what I was greeted with.
    My son inhaled 2 large servings, and here I was trying to apologize about the way it looked....he never heard a word, ha ha.
    so I'd say it was a success! DH and I ate a small serving each BUT gawd! I just hate canned soups! Their flavour overpowers everything else.
    next time I'll adjust it, NO canned soup at all, I figure out another way.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 06:36 PM.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I baked some chocolate cheesecake brownies. They look pretty good. Going to one of those functions tonight where there will be lots of good munchies & even better company.

I'm also going to give lecale's chicken pot pie technique a whirl over the weekend.

Page 136 of 226 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 ... LastLast

Thread Information