Page 212 of 226 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3376
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Could hardly contain myself to try out a new recipe for my weight loss journey. Cauliflower Chicken Pot Pie.
    DH was so kind to trek over to WM late to grab me a few cauliflower ( I also want to make a few single serve cauliflower pizzas. )
    One large head gave me 4 cups riced and from that I made 6 single serve pies.
    I'll be enjoying 2 for my lunch today.

Attachment 372516
    They look great. It's amazing what people are doing with cauliflower now. Some guests even have cauliflower wings on the youtube show "Hot Ones" .. wonder how they would turn out air fried..I might give them a try sometime

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I had to at least try making these. Won-ton Taco Muffins. I made my own taco seasoning to avoid the salt in the packages.
    Then pulsed up my own salsa for the same reason. I had no won-ton wrappers on hand and thought how hard could it be to make them?
    Turns out DARN hard....I mean the excessive kneading they require. I had cut the recipe way down to make 12, so the dough mixture being small would have been too far down in the bowl for my machine to finish the kneading part.
    I kneaded that sucker over 11 minutes...gah!
    Finally I did manage to roll out paper thin squares, but only 12, which only made 6 muffin cups ( double layer, filling and cheese in between )
    They are hot! ( spicy ) Clearly the taco seasoning mix I made should come with a warning...ha ha
    Name:  Wonton Taco muffins.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  85.4 KB
    Silk, cath007, crafter and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I had to at least try making these. Won-ton Taco Muffins. I made my own taco seasoning to avoid the salt in the packages.
    Then pulsed up my own salsa for the same reason. I had no won-ton wrappers on hand and thought how hard could it be to make them?
    Turns out DARN hard....I mean the excessive kneading they require. I had cut the recipe way down to make 12, so the dough mixture being small would have been too far down in the bowl for my machine to finish the kneading part.
    I kneaded that sucker over 11 minutes...gah!
    Finally I did manage to roll out paper thin squares, but only 12, which only made 6 muffin cups ( double layer, filling and cheese in between )
    They are hot! ( spicy ) Clearly the taco seasoning mix I made should come with a warning...ha ha
    Name:  Wonton Taco muffins.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  85.4 KB
    Bravo for challenging yourself. Ironically, we're going to be playing with wonton wrappers soon
    walkonby, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Toasted nuts - both pecans and walnuts. I burned the walnuts - a full pound of them So split them up and made candied walnuts, cinnamon sugar walnuts, and have some set aside to make veggie taco meat - or to use in a stir fry. The candied walnuts are delish, but a bit too sweet - which I think makes them quite addictive. The cinnamon sugar ones are less sweet and very tasty. Will likely make them again - at least the cinnamon sugar one - but without burning them next time!

Also made a few microwave GF carrot cake mug muffins to use up some grated carrots. They were dense - which happens a lot when I try to convert a regular recipe to GF (seems to be a pretty common problem). But they were tasty. Have 1 left in the freezer, which I will try to make a shortcut cream cheese frosting for.
    cath007, crafter and SassyAshley like this.
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sugar cookies... still trying to find a recipie i like.. everything tends to go hard fast
    Silk, Angela273, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

a lemon loaf ,so yummy
    Silk, Angela273, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Homemade buns can't wait to have one
    Silk, Purdee, Angela273 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

the whole family (me, my hubby and our 2 daughters) made pigs in a blanklet for the first time. 1 can of Pillsbury dough and some mini sausages.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yesterday I made Lemon Breakfast Muffins, still no idea why they are called Breakfast muffins, I would have called them Lemon Ricotta Muffins but either way they are so so yummy, we love them.

Then this morning I tried a new recipe Brown Sugar Sour Cream Spice Muffins. I have not tried them yet but they smell really good.

I am not a fan of like Chocolate Chips muffins, I prefer a fruit muffin but I am trying to find new recipes that do not include fruits that I can make if we do not have fruit on hand. Also looking for other options if I want to take baked goods into work. I used to always bring baked goods with me when I went in for training, hoping this year we see restrictions scaled back and I can start bringing treats again and not everyone loves fruit the way I do. But I also want recipes where I can take half with me and have half for home.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Chocolate chip cookies for my parents visit. I used the Decadent mini chocolate chips which work out great. I can make smaller cookies and only make one batch.
    Now to see if we can be disciplined and only have a few after dinner... heh heh
    3.50 125.00 30.00

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I made No Bake Cereal Bars the other day. They tasted fantastic but i didnt let the mixture cool and the chocolate chips melted. Will post the recipe tomorrow.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

NO BAKE CEREAL BARS

1 (10 OZ) PACKAGE MARSHMALLOWS
    4 TABLESPOONS BUTTER
    4 CUPS CORN FLAKES
    1 CUP CHOPPED WALNUTS
    1/2 CUP RAISINS
    1/2 CUP CHOCOLATE CHIPS

COAT AN 8 INCH SQUARE DISH WITH PAM.
    IN A LARGE POT OVER MEDIUM-LOW HEAT, MELT MARSHMALLOWS AND BUTTER, STIRRING OFTEN. LET COOL 5 MINUTES. STIR IN REMAINING INGREDIENTS.
    SPOON MIXTURE INTO PREPARED BAKING DISH AND FIRMLY PACK DOWN WITH A SPATULA COATED WITH pAM TO PREVENT STICKING. COOL UNTIL FIRM.
    REMOVE FROM BAKING DISH AND CUT INTO SQUARES.
    Silk, Purdee, Angela273 and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Just HAD to bake up another batch of my " very healthy low carb, low fat " stuffed peppers. This batch yeilded 10 servings.
    I try to arrange my dinner or lunch plate with at least 2 average or small servings from two different recipes I've made up.
    Keeps the rotation working so nothing spoils. Trust me, I could very well eat about FOUR of those peppers.
    Lunch today it will be 1 1/2 of the peppers along with 1/3 of a cup of a bean salad to accompany them.
    With dinner I'll enjoy a cup of the Pumpkin soup ( which is almost gone ) along with my 2 servings of " pizza".

Name:  low calorie stuffed peppers.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  67.7 KB

Name:  2 ingredient pizza dough pizzas.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  53.5 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Feb 13th, 2022 at 11:43 AM.
    harbie, Silk, cath007 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wow this thread is so creative and inspiring!!!! I admit I have to bake more but I rarely have the ingrediants of what I would like to make or finding the time or the motivation to bake...
    I know I will have to find recepies for muffins too...muffins in groceries tend to increase all the time I watch the price...sigh
    And I enjoy these.
    Silk, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

pate chaud; they didn't look pretty or uniform because it's not easy to make them uniform without wasting the puff pastry dough but they tasted delicious.
    Name:  pate chaud.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  9.8 KB
    Silk, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Page 212 of 226 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 ... LastLast

Thread Information