User Tag List

Page 1466 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 466 966 1366 1416 1456 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1476 1516 1566 ... LastLast
Results 21,976 to 21,990 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

You were very lucky @cabmonk - young bodies heal so much more easily.

Good morning every1. Was snowing here for a few minutes, but the sun's out now.
    I hope you have a great day.

Name:  caturday night.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  34.8 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  graphics-saturday-905798.gif
Views: 126
Size:  38.3 KB

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  woohoo good morning.gif
Views: 133
Size:  470.9 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Me too De. It's just between friends.

Thank you all, but believe me, I've been sent for a loop, but I haven't given up yet. @Lynn49 - you're just such a sweet lady.
    You've gone through so much more with your leg than I have. I have been walking, well, maybe hobbling, without anything. I stopped using the crutch, thinking that the muscles would get stronger, but the phyio insists I use it, until I go out and buy myself a cane. Funny, I feel like you did. The crutch does not indicate age, just injury, but a cane, I just seems to say you're old. I expect I'll get use to the idea, but she just told me I had to get one yesterday, so I haven't accepted it yet.
    22Hicks, you hit the nail right on the head!! Walking with crutches, you get those solicitous smiles from people that say, "Aww...you poor kid, had an accident, did you?", but walking with a cane..just another old lady ready to be put out to pasture. Ugh. It really helped to hear our DD's point of view, though..it's how you carry yourself with that particular implement. Think of those women in days gone by, walking along with their canes...Strut yout stuff, Honey!!

A few serious suggestions, however on your choice of cane.
    Buy one without a curved handle, like one would think of a usual cane; buy one with a handle that is relatively strait, perpendicular to the shaft of the cane, and with a raised area to accommodate the palm of your hand. Believe me, I've had a couple of people stop me on the street to ask where I purchased my cane with that kind of handle!

It looks like this:
    ...that's the handle I have and even with my arthritis (gads, don't I sound old??!!!), my hand never tired or got cramped using it.
    AND you want a PADDED DERBY HANDLE WITH AN OFFSET SHAFT.
    And a wrist-strap is essential...northing like rooting around in your handbag for your wallet and trying to keep your cane balanced on a counter!

Aw, they even have a "dog-lovers" one here!http://www.thecanedepot.com/c250-dogs2-p-527.html

The offset shaft means that you're not pressing down directly from your hand...it sort-of re-distributes the amount of pressure you're actually using...it's hard to describe, but when you try them, make sure you try these suggestions...like I said, people have even stopped me to ask where I got it!

Anyway, hope those suggestions help...actually I know they will......and Honey, head held high regally, and go along your merry way!

Sorry this is so long, everyone....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Apr 2nd, 2016 at 11:38 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you @Lynn49 . So, where did you get it ?
    Thank you for the suggestions. I was thinking about it last night, and thought of the ones with virtually no handle, but shaped like your hand.
    Also, do you have a rubber tip, or on of the three-tronged 'tips' ? They seem to look more sturdy, and you may be less likely to lose your balance.
    We'll see, and yes, you're right, it's a state of mind; I'm just not there yet.
    SillyLoocie, cabmonk and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you @Lynn49 . So, where did you get it ?
    Thank you for the suggestions. I was thinking about it last night, and thought of the ones with virtually no handle, but shaped like your hand.
    Also, do you have a rubber tip, or on of the three-tronged 'tips' ? They seem to look more sturdy, and you may be less likely to lose your balance.
    We'll see, and yes, you're right, it's a state of mind; I'm just not there yet.
    Hicks, I picked it up locally at one of our medical supply stores; my Hubby found it for me and I think we were just lucky enough to find it. I know it may not be easy for you to drive around and find just the right one, but if there is a large medical supply place near you, that would be my first choice.
    Hon, believe me, you need a padded, raised palm handle imho, but of course each one of us is individual, so you'll have to test the out while you're there.
    Mine has just the one rubber tip, and DH puts the spikey one on for the winter. I would consider buying one with the 3 bottoms and of course the big advantage is that if you're looking through racks of clothes or your handbag, it just sits there nicely.
    Edited: I do recall now, trying one of those; to me, it felt clunky, like I had to lift it up and put it down instead of having mine that has a little swing to it. Hard to explain, but you'll know it when you try it.

Yep, it's all about the attitude, Hicks; I know you can pull it off. It helps me that my cane is also pretty. I know, vain, vain, but it's white with cherry blossoms all over it (reminds me of my late best friend's heritage) and it makes me smile, as well as many people I meet along the way.

Whatever it takes, Sweetie!! All the best finding one that suits you and your style!
    Big hugs, Hicks!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Apr 2nd, 2016 at 12:26 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks again, and you're right ………...

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 132
Size:  6.5 KB

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So trying to plan for dinner tonight..probably chicken, sautéed mushrooms and coleslaw.

But it's wrestlemania weekend. Ive been trying to find all the events online. Last night nxt Dallas, tonight wwe Hall of fame and tomorrow is the actual wrestlemania. (Yes I like wrestling lol)

Some people are worried of word they were rehearsing a huge stunt for wrestlemania, especially after Shane MacMahon did this just few days ago. And he has done bat crazy stuff in the past like jump off of 50 foot high video screen lol. Video is only 38 seconds.

https://youtu.be/iVFU0jiQaLo
    Last edited by cabmonk; Sat, Apr 2nd, 2016 at 02:27 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Name:  12122913_921604074543614_8784078727933487650_n.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  31.9 KB

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  12122913_921604074543614_8784078727933487650_n.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  31.9 KB
    i think she's haunting my house too!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, me three! Gah!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Here you go, my Friends....our taxation system explained in BEER...

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this…

• The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing
    • The fifth would pay $1
    • The sixth would pay $3
    • The seventh would pay $7
    • The eighth would pay $12
    • The ninth would pay $18
    • The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59

So, that’s what they decided to do.
    The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve ball.
    “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20″. Drinks for the ten men would now cost just $80.
    The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men ? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?
    The bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by a higher percentage the poorer he was, to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using, and he proceeded to work out the amounts he suggested that each should now pay.

• And so the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% saving).
    • The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% saving).
    • The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% saving).
    • The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% saving).
    • The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% saving).
    • The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% saving).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings.
    “I only got a dollar out of the $20 saving,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,”but he got $10!”
    “Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!”
    “That’s true!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back, when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!”
    “Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison, “we didn’t get anything at all. This new tax system exploits the poor!”
    The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.
    The next night the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!
    And that, boys and girls, journalists and government ministers, is how our tax system works. The people who already pay the highest taxes will naturally get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas, where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Boy, is it ever cold out there.

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 95
Size:  7.6 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Sunday everyone.Name:  5749e23771d102b8d1cc0f77982f7e3a.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  10.7 KB