User Tag List

Page 385 of 654 FirstFirst ... 285 335 375 383 384 385 386 387 395 435 485 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 9804
Like Tree37293Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    mostly because the kids are playing (they are all friends and there are 3 of them) and while i'm ok hanging out as my kid plays i don't want to feel responsible for another person's child.. especially if they haven't asked me to.. and this isn't a 1 off incident.. i originally wrote out a rather lengthy rant about it all but then decided to shorten it until i was able to rant it to a person.. though i may just post it anyways.. basically i'm frustrated over the situation.. i'm afraid if i speak up about it that i might be opening a significant can of worms and the ministry might be involved but if i don't step up about it i'm constantly going to be watching this child without being asked and feel pressured to stay at the park significantly later then i want to be ( to give you an idea...school gets out at 2:54, some days i'm there past 4:30)

You might have to mention it to the school at some point and let them deal with the situation. in the winter you probably won't be staying at the playground while it's extremely cold and there is snow everywhere. (Don't know what your winter weather is like... But here in the maritimes we get extremely cold temperatures and can accumulate 5+ feet of snow over an average winter.) there is no way I would keep my 2 kids out in -30+the windchill weather longer than necessary. And I would not be willing to bring the other child to my place out of fear of kidnapping allegations... My sons school will not let a walking child out without having a designated person right there to get them. (We have me, Dh, and my mom designated. But my mom has never picked him up she's just listed in case of emergency but since I'm a stay at home mom it's never been needed.) If a parent isn't there on time the kid is sent to the office until someone gets there to pick them up. I've seen them refuse to let kids out because a parent requested a friend (who was not designated as a pickup person for that child) pick their kid up, I have no idea how that situation worked itself out but it makes me feel like my kids are safer there. I'm surprised that your kids school would just let the kids out without making sure there was a proper person to pick up each of the kids.
    Natalka, Ciel, macw1960 and 4 others like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Trying to donate furniture. We have a computer desk and wall unit we no longer have room for. I tired to sell them with no luck, got a few low ball offers on the desk but when things get that low or free I prefer to donate vs sell.

Many places are interested and would take the furniture but apparently none will pick up in our area. I have no way to transport this furniture or else it would already be out of my house. I get everyone has boundaries but every one of these places has listed on their web site that they pick up here but then when you call say No you are too far, if this is true remove it from your web site and then I would not be calling you.

Who knew donating would be such a headache.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^if you are in Ontario you could try the cdn diabetes fdn clothesline program...sometimes they will pickup big items
    Tweets77, Ciel, macw1960 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I wish I didn`t have to but I get one every year because of my compromised immune system.
    I can very much relate to a compromised immune system. I only got officially diagnosed at the end of March and then started medication on the same day. My body is still adjusting to everything. And, I am still figuring out if this particular symptom is caused by this particular disease. Some days, it feels like a guessing game.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    You might have to mention it to the school at some point and let them deal with the situation. in the winter you probably won't be staying at the playground while it's extremely cold and there is snow everywhere. (Don't know what your winter weather is like... But here in the maritimes we get extremely cold temperatures and can accumulate 5+ feet of snow over an average winter.) there is no way I would keep my 2 kids out in -30+the windchill weather longer than necessary. And I would not be willing to bring the other child to my place out of fear of kidnapping allegations... My sons school will not let a walking child out without having a designated person right there to get them. (We have me, Dh, and my mom designated. But my mom has never picked him up she's just listed in case of emergency but since I'm a stay at home mom it's never been needed.) If a parent isn't there on time the kid is sent to the office until someone gets there to pick them up. I've seen them refuse to let kids out because a parent requested a friend (who was not designated as a pickup person for that child) pick their kid up, I have no idea how that situation worked itself out but it makes me feel like my kids are safer there. I'm surprised that your kids school would just let the kids out without making sure there was a proper person to pick up each of the kids.

something has to change that's for sure... the thing is i've never been formally asked to watch these kids (specifically the younger child who is a friend to my daughter.. since the older child is to take care of the younger child until an parent shows up) and neither has any of the other park parents been asked(and i've asked them all)...

currently the weather is wonderful (full sun 15-20 degrees warm outside T shirt weather!) but the weather it be a changing.. and while we don't get snow in the winter time, we get rain, and lots of it (they say we have two seasons on Vancouver island.. the sunny season and the rainy season).. and i won't be out there to let my kid play when it's raining, and neither will any of the other parents...

the mother is notorious for being late.. but for me yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back on the whole situation.. my friend and i stayed at the park later then we had intended to, the brother (who is only 11 or 12.. in grade 6) didn't show up till just after 4pm... then 4:30 rolled around and no one had come to claim these two kids.. we unfortunately had to leave and these kids ended up staying around till nearly 5pm then walked home because no one came. if my friend and i didn't leave when we did we could have been waiting there another hour watching them for someone who wasn't coming. (and to be honest i felt horrible leaving the kids on the park but i can't be responsible for them especially after i've been informed that the older brother is to watch the younger sister until the parent comes and the older kid was there and interacting with his sister)

when my hubby took our kid to school this morning he tried to approach the mom but didn't get a chance...when the mom saw him coming she quickly turned to her daughter and told her loud enough for my hubby to hear that her dad will be picking her up at 3:30 today (even though after school supervision stops by 3:15pm).. so i think something happened when the kids finally got home yesterday (especially considering the time they got home and they walked)...i don't know what, since she wouldn't talk to my hubby about it (she basically avoided him) but now i gotta figure out do i say something to the school which could open a can of worms (i don't want to jump the gun)..was yesterday a 1 off accident of miscommunication? do i just wait it out see if the father does indeed show up at 3:30, though after sleeping on the situation and typing out a rather lengthy rant, and chat with hubby i'm sort of leaning towards just talking to the after school supervisor saying i'm taking no responsibility for this child until her brother(or a parent) shows up and leave it at that
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

something has to change that's for sure... the thing is i've never been formally asked to watch these kids (specifically the younger child who is a friend to my daughter.. since the older child is to take care of the younger child until an parent shows up) and neither has any of the other park parents been asked(and i've asked them all)...

currently the weather is wonderful (full sun 15-20 degrees warm outside T shirt weather!) but the weather it be a changing.. and while we don't get snow in the winter time, we get rain, and lots of it (they say we have two seasons on Vancouver island.. the sunny season and the rainy season).. and i won't be out there to let my kid play when it's raining, and neither will any of the other parents...

the mother is notorious for being late.. but for me yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back on the whole situation.. my friend and i stayed at the park later then we had intended to, the brother (who is only 11 or 12.. in grade 6) didn't show up till just after 4pm... then 4:30 rolled around and no one had come to claim these two kids.. we unfortunately had to leave and these kids ended up staying around till nearly 5pm then walked home because no one came. if my friend and i didn't leave when we did we could have been waiting there another hour watching them for someone who wasn't coming. (and to be honest i felt horrible leaving the kids on the park but i can't be responsible for them especially after i've been informed that the older brother is to watch the younger sister until the parent comes and the older kid was there and interacting with his sister)

when my hubby took our kid to school this morning he tried to approach the mom but didn't get a chance...when the mom saw him coming she quickly turned to her daughter and told her loud enough for my hubby to hear that her dad will be picking her up at 3:30 today (even though after school supervision stops by 3:15pm).. so i think something happened when the kids finally got home yesterday (especially considering the time they got home and they walked)...i don't know what, since she wouldn't talk to my hubby about it (she basically avoided him) but now i gotta figure out do i say something to the school which could open a can of worms (i don't want to jump the gun)..was yesterday a 1 off accident of miscommunication? do i just wait it out see if the father does indeed show up at 3:30, though after sleeping on the situation and typing out a rather lengthy rant, and chat with hubby i'm sort of leaning towards just talking to the after school supervisor saying i'm taking no responsibility for this child until her brother(or a parent) shows up and leave it at that
    In my opinion you should tell the school about the situation and ask them to keep your name out of it. (Just to be safe and to make sure the parents don't decide to retaliate.) it sounds to me like these kids aren't old enough to be left without adult supervision. Having 3 young kids being responsible for each other is not an acceptable arrangement. It's even worse that they are stuck outside where they are at the mercy of bad weather and could be at risk of child predators (especially if it's an ongoing problem they may have already been noticed by the wrong person).

this way you are looking out for the best interest of the child but ultimately it is the school that decides the best way to proceed with the situation. (They may report it to cps, they may discuss it with the parents directly and enforce that there has to be an adult there to pick them up on time, they may put the kids into an after school activity... But they can't help with the problem if they aren't aware of it.)
    Last edited by francine1985; Tue, Sep 29th, 2015 at 03:54 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960, toronto166 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

The following posts on facebook by a relative

Day 1: I love my husband (Married)
    Day 2: So sick of this sh*t
    Day 3: Oh baby *tags him* I love this make it for me luv u xoxoox
    Day 4: F*ck men so over this

Now from my understanding they are headed for divorce. Like , I get people wanted to "share their life story" online but this is waaay too much. *Deleted*
    Tweets77, Ciel, macw1960 and 7 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ever just stand there and say why did I even bother? All I wanted to do was get off work and come home, but no I needed to do running around and convinced myself on the way home to just do it

First stop post office: I am emptying out box and I hear someone walk in and realize they are standing behind me and huffing. I keep emptying the box and drop a letter, when I bend over to pick it up she says can I just get my mail, I say one second. She then says I have better thing to do then stand in the post office so I say 30 seconds, she then says I have been waiting on you for over a minute. I finish what I am doing go into the post office to get a package, should be the end right?
    Nope she gets her mail and then walks in and asks me what the last thing I said to her was so I said I just need 30 seconds, her response you are aggressive, I do not answer. She then says you aggressive and rude because you cannot admit it, again I say nothing. She then says it louder so I just say in a quiet voice (have I mentioned I hate confrontation and avoid it) no I am not actually, she then pretty much yells you are AGGRESSIVE and RUDE and storms out. I must admit I kind of laughed because if anyone is aggressive it is the person who followed me into the other room and could not let it go.

I then go to the drug store to pick up the treatment for my current infection (get them all the time) and they do not have any. I ask if they have any out back, nope but they have a more expensive one which okay I need it but the more expensive one does not work, I have tried it and it just does not work for me. I am so frustrated this is like the 3rd time in 2 months I have treated this infection it is costing me a fortune as it is no longer covered because the treatment is now available over the counter. Doc won't do anything as says I need to lose weight but how can I lose weight when I cannot get the infection under control which is now throwing off my stomach and just leaving me feeling like crap and so tired.

Then I get an email the people who said they would accept our donation of wall unit & desk they come to our area once a month have now come back and said they won't as it is not cost effective to send a truck here.

I am over today and now have no ambition to do anything.
    Ciel, macw1960, wolfwoman and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    In my opinion you should tell the school about the situation and ask them to keep your name out of it. (Just to be safe and to make sure the parents don't decide to retaliate.) it sounds to me like these kids aren't old enough to be left without adult supervision. Having 3 young kids being responsible for each other is not an acceptable arrangement. It's even worse that they are stuck outside where they are at the mercy of bad weather and could be at risk of child predators (especially if it's an ongoing problem they may have already been noticed by the wrong person).

this way you are looking out for the best interest of the child but ultimately it is the school that decides the best way to proceed with the situation. (They may report it to cps, they may discuss it with the parents directly and enforce that there has to be an adult there to pick them up on time, they may put the kids into an after school activity... But they can't help with the problem if they aren't aware of it.)
    if i talk to the school about it (properly report it to the principal) 100% they are going to know it's from me..no doubt about it.. what they would do to retaliate i don't know... i'm a strong believer in never bothering children with issues between adults and i do think this is an adult issue.. it's not the childrens fault that the parents show up late or didn't show up at all (yesterday) i also don't think the older child(he's in grade 6) is mature enough to be taking care of his younger sister(she's not yet 7) just from what i've experienced of him, but that is just my opinion.

the mother being late has been an ongoing problem for as long as i've known her.. it can vary from 5 minutes to well over a half hour... last week the after school supervisor approached my friend and i and asked if we had an arrangement with the child's mother.. i said no, my friend gave a wishy washy "well..sort of" and a "we'll watch her till her mom shows up" response.. because it's what we've always done.. watch her until her mom shows up because our 3 girls were playing happily (good ole parents helping parents kinda thing) but something's gotta give

i was really hesitant to post anything about this because it is a sensitive situation(which is why my rant was fairly vague).. i do not want to overreact but i can't just ignore it all especially after yesterday

i think today i'm going to have a convo with the after school supervisor and let her know that i can't take responsibility for the child and maybe by doing that things will fall into place (if no one takes responsibility and no parent shows up before the supervisor has to go she will then be taken into the school and in the office where they will try and contact parents)

i was honestly worried when i heard they were walking home i was very tempted to get in my car and try to find them but i knew if i did i wouldn't be able to find them (no idea of the route they would walk) and there probably would have been a confrontation over the issue when they got home
    Ciel, macw1960, dededi and 1 others like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I for one wouldn't, nor would I want to kiss someone anyone that looks like that on the lips. A lot of people reckon people look like their pets...is this really true overall????

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Attachment 293762 Who wouldn't want to kiss those lips? Just look at that face!!!!

Now my electric tea kettle broke
    Ciel, macw1960 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I am broke and there are two coworkers that owe me a total of $30.

It's been more than a month and no one has given the money back. I have to ask them for it now. This is why I never lend money to people.
    I really hate when you have to go after people you lend money to.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

well i talked to the after school supervisor, let her know nothing has been formally worked out with anyone (i've asked some of the other parents) and i can't take responsibility for the child, the supervisor was great about it and let me know if no family member shows before her shift ends she'll be brought into the office and that is what happened today.. i don't know what happened behind closed doors in the office but i did see them talk to her and take her into the office and when her brother came 20 min later he went to the office and got her. hopefully it gets the ball rolling in the right direction..

though at the park i did notice the 3 girls didn't play together at any point(which isn't the norm).. my daughter and her other friend played together while this girl played distinctly separate from them and she also didn't really speak to me or my friend which she usually does (so i don't know what went down when they got home) i also did not see either parent before i left the school ground even though the mom made a point to say loudly (for my hubby to hear) to her girl that her dad will be there to pick her up at 3:30 (and i left the park just after 4pm)

i hope this doesn't effect the girls friendships.. i won't make this a child issue for the girls to deal with, i'll never speak badly about the parents to my child, i will never speak negatively about the child to my child..(i strongly believe adult issues are for adults to deal with) but i can't guarantee that the child's parents isn't doing(or did) that

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    I for one wouldn't, nor would I want to kiss someone anyone that looks like that on the lips. A lot of people reckon people look like their pets...is this really true overall????
    Wolfie's pretty hot actually. Too bad for you , she married.

My lips totally look like that, c'mere!
    Crochetlady, Ciel, GoJays and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

well i talked to the after school supervisor, let her know nothing has been formally worked out with anyone (i've asked some of the other parents) and i can't take responsibility for the child, the supervisor was great about it and let me know if no family member shows before her shift ends she'll be brought into the office and that is what happened today.. i don't know what happened behind closed doors in the office but i did see them talk to her and take her into the office and when her brother came 20 min later he went to the office and got her. hopefully it gets the ball rolling in the right direction..

though at the park i did notice the 3 girls didn't play together at any point(which isn't the norm).. my daughter and her other friend played together while this girl played distinctly separate from them and she also didn't really speak to me or my friend which she usually does (so i don't know what went down when they got home) i also did not see either parent before i left the school ground even though the mom made a point to say loudly (for my hubby to hear) to her girl that her dad will be there to pick her up at 3:30 (and i left the park just after 4pm)

i hope this doesn't effect the girls friendships.. i won't make this a child issue for the girls to deal with, i'll never speak badly about the parents to my child, i will never speak negatively about the child to my child..(i strongly believe adult issues are for adults to deal with) but i can't guarantee that the child's parents isn't doing(or did) that

Imo you did the right thing. Hopefully this won't negatively affect your child's friendship. But by coming forward to the school they can look into this. They can do something to help and you may have saved these children. Showing up late (or not at all) could be the tip of the iceberg, it definitely sends up red flags. They may be having to fend for themselves at home as well. I hope I am off base but that's the first thing I thought of.

i know personally I am a "helicopter parent" which is a whole other extreme but I just could not imagine doing that to my kids at all let alone on a reoccurring basis. Then again like I said my kids school won't even let them out without an authorized adult there to pick them up. It might be worth suggesting a similar setup to the principal of your kids school, it would prevent similar situations for other kids in the future as well.
    Ciel, macw1960, toronto166 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Wolfie's pretty hot actually. Too bad for you , she married.

My lips totally look like that, c'mere!
    Well well well Candini, you little tart, you crack me up!!!
    Crochetlady, Ciel, GoJays and 10 others like this.

Thread Information