User Tag List

Page 386 of 654 FirstFirst ... 286 336 376 384 385 386 387 388 396 436 486 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As the saying goes..."don't mix business with pleasure". Well of course "friends" will take advantage of paying back what they owe, as they you might feel bad asking, and they can play on the "friendship" card not to pay you back.
    Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    I really hate when you have to go after people you lend money to.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Whip out all the cliche's...

Beauty is in the ye of the beholder
    Beauty is skin deep
    love is blind

I think it's time for you to have you yearly checkup at Hakim's optical

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Wolfie's pretty hot actually. Too bad for you , she married.

My lips totally look like that, c'mere!
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

20/20 here, lady.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Attachment 293762 Who wouldn't want to kiss those lips? Just look at that face!!!!

Now my electric tea kettle broke
    Awe! Isn't he (or she) handsome! Is he (she) a cuddler? If DH gets up in the middle of the night, our Dane doesn't miss a beat before she's into our bed snuggling up.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    Imo you did the right thing. Hopefully this won't negatively affect your child's friendship. But by coming forward to the school they can look into this. They can do something to help and you may have saved these children. Showing up late (or not at all) could be the tip of the iceberg, it definitely sends up red flags. They may be having to fend for themselves at home as well. I hope I am off base but that's the first thing I thought of.

i know personally I am a "helicopter parent" which is a whole other extreme but I just could not imagine doing that to my kids at all let alone on a reoccurring basis. Then again like I said my kids school won't even let them out without an authorized adult there to pick them up. It might be worth suggesting a similar setup to the principal of your kids school, it would prevent similar situations for other kids in the future as well.

i knew it was the right thing to do.. i had to do something i couldn't just ignore it and have nothing change it has gone on long enough (thinking back to last year too and the constant lateness) hopefully it will all blow over.. and i hope for the kid's sake that negativity about the situation isn't pushed on the child causing tension between the girls as friends/ruining the friendship (they have done alot of things together and are very close until today... heck for the end of the school year i made all 3 of them matching dresses!)

i'll admit i'm a bit of a "helicopter parent" but i'm trying to make efforts to break that... i'm trying to give my child freedoms for her to grow and express herself without watching over her shoulder... but still close enough to encourage positive play and i don't step in unless there are tears

our school lets the older classes out onto the school grounds but the younger grades (Kindy and gr 1) need a parent or guardian to collect them, most kids get picked up right away (they run out of the school to meet the parents waiting at cars, or parents standing outside the school doors since the hallways can get a tad crowded with 20 parents for each classroom waiting) and 10 min after the bell maybe 30-40 kids are still at the schoolground (on a good sunny day though on a rainy blah day it might be 15 kids) but by 3:30 it's often just a handful of kids maybe a dozen with most of them being part of our social park parents group the after school supervisors are pretty decent they know all the kids names (since most the kids are regulars) they try to learn the parents names when possible and they want to do best by the kids.... it's not all that often that there's an issue like this that comes up i think this situation is sort of one of these 1 off situations..
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

DH is going to help a buddy with harvest.. But this is going to cost us at least $200.00 for fuel and his buddy hasn't offered to offset the cost.
    Just call me Wolfie

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In an ideal world yes....but you and i know there are many crazies out there who feed their kid(s) nonsense about the other parent because they can't stand them, and go out of their way to poison the minds of the kid(s). You probably know some people like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    well i talked to the after school supervisor, let her know nothing has been formally worked out with anyone (i've asked some of the other parents) and i can't take responsibility for the child, the supervisor was great about it and let me know if no family member shows before her shift ends she'll be brought into the office and that is what happened today.. i don't know what happened behind closed doors in the office but i did see them talk to her and take her into the office and when her brother came 20 min later he went to the office and got her. hopefully it gets the ball rolling in the right direction..

though at the park i did notice the 3 girls didn't play together at any point(which isn't the norm).. my daughter and her other friend played together while this girl played distinctly separate from them and she also didn't really speak to me or my friend which she usually does (so i don't know what went down when they got home) i also did not see either parent before i left the school ground even though the mom made a point to say loudly (for my hubby to hear) to her girl that her dad will be there to pick her up at 3:30 (and i left the park just after 4pm)

i hope this doesn't effect the girls friendships.. i won't make this a child issue for the girls to deal with, i'll never speak badly about the parents to my child, i will never speak negatively about the child to my child..(i strongly believe adult issues are for adults to deal with) but i can't guarantee that the child's parents isn't doing(or did) that
    macw1960 likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You did say this person is a "buddy" right..I mean do you charge your friends all the time to help them out? If you had said acquaintance now, that would have been different. This ought to be in the "first world problem" thread. In 3rd world countries, it takes a village to raise a child

DH is going to help a buddy with harvest.. But this is going to cost us at least $200.00 for fuel and his buddy hasn't offered to offset the cost.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Awe! Isn't he (or she) handsome! Is he (she) a cuddler? If DH gets up in the middle of the night, our Dane doesn't miss a beat before she's into our bed snuggling up.
    He is such a lover! And he sleeps with us. All 165+ lbs( at last weight in) of him. Some nights I can't sleep because I am stuck between him and DH, both snoring like rock stars. And throw in 3 little dogs plus the occasional cat and it's a pretty crowded bed.
    Just call me Wolfie

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow....that sounds like the movie that was on during the weekend, Dr Doolittle with Eddie Murphy. I can't even imagine myself in a bed like that

He is such a lover! And he sleeps with us. All 165+ lbs( at last weight in) of him. Some nights I can't sleep because I am stuck between him and DH, both snoring like rock stars. And throw in 3 little dogs plus the occasional cat and it's a pretty crowded bed.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

That is it. We are switching farm insurance companies. I received an email today from the adjuster saying that they need a copy of the police report and to send it to them. So off I run into town to get this. Turns out the adjuster has to send a request to the RCMP for the copy of the report. The officer told me that the adjuster should know that and not to have sent me in for it. I hate dumb people.
    Just call me Wolfie

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Denial isn't just a river in Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    20/20 here, lady.
    macw1960 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hopefully he uses farm gas and will just repay that way. It is backbreaking hard work and the time he gives should be enough to cover the buddy code.Gas should be covered for him, the free labor he is getting should be enough. I think you have to understand the grueling hours of harvest and the work that goes with it to understand! He must have roasted out there today,24 degrees, he will be tired when he gets home. Considering they are probably out in the fields for an 11 hour day and the average joe farmhand in Alberta makes about 20.00 an hour he is saving him 220.00 a day in labor, your DS is a good buddy!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Wed, Sep 30th, 2015 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Denial isn't just a river in Africa
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  35.9 KB

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Sorry. I thought that one was funny, don't worry not too much time was consumed. It is on the first page of Google.

Now all my ads on SC are clearly contacts related.

Thread Information