User Tag List

Page 436 of 654 FirstFirst ... 336 386 426 434 435 436 437 438 446 486 536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Agreed with all the rants about the school Christmas concerts. DS is having his next Tuesday... at 1 in the afternoon. So I have to take time off work which I really can't afford, but I don't want to miss the concert either. i think it's bull crap that they don't do them at night anymore... I'm just lucky that I CAN take an afternoon off, most people can't.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Greedy people.

The countdown is on to throw my friend out of the familial home. Even though neither sibling has spent more than a week per year in that home since the '70s, nor did either one give up a good career to be a full-time caregiver to their mother, nor did either one spend one dime on the upkeep of the house (furnace, roof, etc), both think that they should be entitled to their share of the estate (will divided everything equally to the 3 siblings - will never got changed because the mother had Alzheimers and my friend is a dreamer not a planner, sigh). So, because my friend couldn't work for 15 yrs and spent considerable savings on taking care of the home, D has no money to buy out the siblings and stay in the house. Siblings claim that each needs the money, even though each has a 6 figure income.

Another friend had to give a large share of an inheritance to the late brother's gold-digging on-again-off-again girlfriend (instead of contesting the will, she sued my friend, claiming that she and the brother were common-law with separate addresses and my friend's dipstick lawyer sympathized with her and pushed J into a settlement). Girlfriend's only contribution to the funeral was playing a recording of herself singing a not-appropriate-for-a-funeral song. Did I mention this female cur has a 6 figure salary?

Neighbour's father passed away. I gave my sympathies and got hit up for a donation to help cover funeral costs. I won't mention how many figures this twit's salary is.

What the is wrong with people??? I usually LOVE this time of year. But I'm getting to the point where I really hate people. Sigh. All I really want to do is bash these twits upside the head with a Xmas tree.

Think Santa will send me an assassin to do my bidding as a Xmas present? Sigh.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Greedy people.

The countdown is on to throw my friend out of the familial home. Even though neither sibling has spent more than a week per year in that home since the '70s, nor did either one give up a good career to be a full-time caregiver to their mother, nor did either one spend one dime on the upkeep of the house (furnace, roof, etc), both think that they should be entitled to their share of the estate (will divided everything equally to the 3 siblings - will never got changed because the mother had Alzheimers and my friend is a dreamer not a planner, sigh). So, because my friend couldn't work for 15 yrs and spent considerable savings on taking care of the home, D has no money to buy out the siblings and stay in the house. Siblings claim that each needs the money, even though each has a 6 figure income.

Another friend had to give a large share of an inheritance to the late brother's gold-digging on-again-off-again girlfriend (instead of contesting the will, she sued my friend, claiming that she and the brother were common-law with separate addresses and my friend's dipstick lawyer sympathized with her and pushed J into a settlement). Girlfriend's only contribution to the funeral was playing a recording of herself singing a not-appropriate-for-a-funeral song. Did I mention this female cur has a 6 figure salary?

Neighbour's father passed away. I gave my sympathies and got hit up for a donation to help cover funeral costs. I won't mention how many figures this twit's salary is.

What the is wrong with people??? I usually LOVE this time of year. But I'm getting to the point where I really hate people. Sigh. All I really want to do is bash these twits upside the head with a Xmas tree.

Here is an inflatable option in a tree, will leave NO marks if you remove the ornaments!!

Oh Andit!! I sure feel the disappointment and aggravation ( wee touch of anger? lol ) in your post. Yes, there are many people ( blood relatives are among the worst ) that show their not so modest grateful side when it comes to inheriting money.
    So very shocked about the high incomes of these people, but on that front you know what happens is they live beyond their means and that 6 figure salary is squandered away on spoiling themselves. Truly sad about your friend, imagine if she had gotten her Mom's will changed in time?
    Oh the siblings would have had a field day contesting it probably!

babies teach us acceptance

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3girlies View Post
    My girls' school took the Christmas concert away this year, I was looking forward on seeing them singing their little hearts out. I think this has something to do with the English school board teachers strike. so lame.
    That sucks..the youngest are in private schools so the strikes aren't affecting schooling but I have to drive them to school..2 different schools in 2 different towns.

Penguinette 1 is in CEGAP so she's more affected by the strikes.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Checked bank statement today to see postings.

FOUR transactions are posted. Credit available and balance still not adding up. I call the bank back.

They said four transactions were made on the 9th. Another one was yesterday.

I told the woman I was extremely concerned with the amount of money, not to mention having another transaction put forward. She said I needed to wait for the 5th one to be stated and then that's when they will file the fraud all together in one shot.

Will be sending me paperwork to be filled out, I`ll be credited the amount, they will do an investigation from there. And most likely somewhere I shopped had their system hacked and got a hold of my information that way

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post

FOUR transactions are posted. Credit available and balance still not adding up. I call the bank back.

I told the woman I was extremely concerned with the amount of money, not to mention having another transaction put forward. She said I needed to wait for the 5th one to be stated and then that's when they will file the fraud all together in one shot.

Will be sending me paperwork to be filled out, I`ll be credited the amount, they will do an investigation from there. And most likely somewhere I shopped had their system hacked and got a hold of my information that way
    I am at least glad they are handling it all, but is just SO unnerving!! Wishing you the best of luck that it is all straightened away ASAP

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

a couple of weeks ago - we lost Bootsie - she was the best kitty ever. Then randomly, wasn't even looking found Angel this little kitten from a rescue place in Guelph. We got her, she fits in amazingly and reminds me of Bootsie - weirdly. But kitten brought in the cat cold - all my three cats are sneezing, fever and just blah. My older cat Rascal in on antibiotics now for anemia so it will help the cold but wow all cats sneezing.
    ROMEO, DaveP, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Greedy people.

people can be so awful, andi. sometimes it takes a while but what goes around, comes around.

Name:  Karma.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  45.1 KB

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

once had a strange call from our bank because a store we had shopped at had had their system hacked. we had to have our credit card replaced.
    the bank would not tell us which store had problem.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

In the past week I have had e-mails from "lloydsTSb", "TD" "HSBC" and "PayPAl" about possible fraudulent activity on my accounts..

Hmmmm....phishing!

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Took me almost 3 hours to fix my internet.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I hear ya on things like this with a bank. I once had a $50 iTunes charge show up on my credit card. I sent message to iTunes and their dept that deals with fraudulent charges said no activity on my account at all. He said to contact credit card company. I tell person on phone at capital one I didn't make this charge I think it might be fraudulent. She says since you have made charges in past with iTunes they cant classifiy as fraud. So I say OK but how do I prevent it from at least not happening again. She says nothing because it's not fraud. I'm like OK I get it but what do I do in future if I ever do suspect fraud on my account. Again she says nothing because it's not fraud. I got pissed and hung up and sent online message through my online account. I told them I thought call was handled poorly. That I wasn't necessarily saying this was fraud anymore but if I ever did suspect fraud in future what do I do. Person sent back message and said iTunes charge would be removed and the person I spoke with on phone would be spoken with. Not that I think they will lol, but that's how you handle a complaint.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Sat, Dec 12th, 2015 at 10:12 AM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Now something different and why I hate people(well not everyone) this morning
    I'm walking on the very far edge of sidewalk because a guy is walking towards me across crosswalk. He's pretty much in middle until just few feet from me. He then veers right into my path and stops dead in his tracks and starts looking across this parking lot. I walked right into him on purpose. It's like when I'm walking down the sidewalk and 3 people together are walking towards you. They look at you like you're in their way. Well even if I stopped one of you idiots still needs to move over to go around me. :p

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

TFSA limit rollback.
    seylz_gurl, DaveP, lorken and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was in RCSS and walked by a display with a massive tear pad. Took a picture because I hadn't seen one that thick EVER. Didn't take any coupons and proceeded to the produce section to do my shopping.

Name:  IMG_20151205_145857684_HDR.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  64.3 KB

Ten minutes later I'm on my way to the checkout when I decide to swing back by the display to take one coupon to give to my sister who uses smellies occasionally.

TEAR

PAD

EMPTY.

Me (so I don't do anything stupid):

Name:  Penalty box.gif
Views: 136
Size:  3.9 KB
    cabmonk, seylz_gurl, DaveP and 6 others like this.

Thread Information