User Tag List

Page 623 of 654 FirstFirst ... 123 523 573 613 621 622 623 624 625 633 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Was the transaction complete and the cashier handed her, her receipt?

I only ask as I know at one of our local RCSS you say anything before they give the receipt they turn around and ask if you want it and say the transaction is not complete until they hand you the receipt so it looks like they have a loop hole.

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    We did a few separate shops at RCSS. At all the cashes, there is a sign that if the cashier does not ask if you want to buy the deal of the day (2-pack Crest, approx $5), you get it for free.
    I managed to get one pack.
    My DD did not do too well. At the end of her transaction at a separate line, she said to the cashier that you did not ask me about the deal of the day. The cashier said, since you just told me, I'm asking you about the deal of the day. WTF? So my DD did not get a free Crest.
    DD said that the cashier did not ask any of the customers ahead of her.
    I wanted to go to Customer Service and complain. My DD did not want to. She wanted to leave and do other shopping at Winners and Marshall's. I don't care that I got Crest already, it's the principal of the matter. If you forget, the customer should get the freebie as per your store's offer. Really po'ed.
    bhlombardy, Ciel and dededi like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Was the transaction complete and the cashier handed her, her receipt?

I only ask as I know at one of our local RCSS you say anything before they give the receipt they turn around and ask if you want it and say the transaction is not complete until they hand you the receipt so it looks like they have a loop hole.
    That would be my understanding... if you still have an open transaction that the cashier can still add the "deal of the day" if offered, then I guess the cashier's role with you is still not finished. "Reminding them" is a slight bit different than the lost opportunity of them to offer it to you. I would say that one should wait to mention it until AFTER you've paid and the transaction is closed.
    Ciel and Poirot like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

It was when she was about to pay.

I know at Maxi, if you wait until you get the receipt, it's too late and then it's a long procedure, and then it's a new transaction, CS has to be called, blah, blah, blah.
    If you ask before you pay, they scan the freebie.

Yesterday at RCSS, the cashier just gave it to me.

I guess different procedure at different stores.
    Ciel likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

At our RCSS we have to waiting to she hands the receipt and than mention it, when you do they just give it to you and mark it on a piece of paper. I have never had them scan the product.

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    It was when she was about to pay.

I know at Maxi, if you wait until you get the receipt, it's too late and then it's a long procedure, and then it's a new transaction, CS has to be called, blah, blah, blah.
    If you ask before you pay, they scan the freebie.

Yesterday at RCSS, the cashier just gave it to me.

I guess different procedure at different stores.
    Ciel likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And I guess it might have a lot to do with local interpretation.

I know Quiznos at one time (maybe still does) offer you a free sub if they fail to give you a receipt. They 'failed' once and I said "I didnt get my receipt" as I was ready to walk away... the cashier then handed it to me and said "here you go!" -- To which I said, "the sign says if you dont give me a reciept, I get a free sub" ... "but you have your receipt now"

(and you see the dilemma)

It wasnt worth the argument, but I guess that's how they handled it.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Having a summer cold sucks and blows!
    yup, me too. this has been a bad year for the family getting sick. hope u feel better soon.
    Natalka, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    And I guess it might have a lot to do with local interpretation.

I know Quiznos at one time (maybe still does) offer you a free sub if they fail to give you a receipt. They 'failed' once and I said "I didnt get my receipt" as I was ready to walk away... the cashier then handed it to me and said "here you go!" -- To which I said, "the sign says if you dont give me a reciept, I get a free sub" ... "but you have your receipt now"

(and you see the dilemma)

It wasnt worth the argument, but I guess that's how they handled it.
    They did that same thing at Manchu Wok.I went up the ladder to complain.Got nowhere.Don't go there anymore.
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Might want to check into Canadian Code of Advertising standards and make a complaint
    Last edited by momof3heathens; Mon, Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:49 PM.
    Ciel and dededi like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

weve been without C/A for 5 days due to work on the outside of house...its 84 in here....

if i had known i would have scheduled for october. &*^%$##!!
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Being on vacation and missing SDM deals
    Ciel, coupon girl and SavvyLady like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Why do companies hire people to work telephone customer service that have very heavy accents? Yes, I understand that they have every right to work, but on the telephone?? So frustrating trying to understand them.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Why do companies hire people to work telephone customer service that have very heavy accents? Yes, I understand that they have every right to work, but on the telephone?? So frustrating trying to understand them.
    @GoJays only once did I actually have to ask for a supervisor and when that woman came on the phone I apologized so much to her but I said that I simply could not decipher anything the original CS person was saying....and I really tried! I kept saying " sorry could you repeat that please? " Nothing helped. I took the blame for not knowing more languages or accents but I think that is a Canadian trait.
    We do say sorry a lot eh? lol
    Tweets77, bhlombardy, Ciel and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Agreed that if your accent is too thick to communicate in the language you are assigned, at a job where communication is quite literally 90% of your role, then you might be better suited for another role within the organization. I dont mind an accent, in fact I think I'm pretty good at getting through them... but there certainly are times when it is just too thick. I've even had cases where the agent didnt understand English enough to know what *I* was saying... he kept repeating "I don't understand what that means" ... when I was asking something as basic as "I would like to check on the tracking status on my order"

They all have a right to work yes, but one needs to be capable of performing the task effectively. I fully believe in equal opportunity hiring, even enough to fight for it). However, just like you CANNOT hire someone confined to a wheelchair to move furniture... similarly, you cant put someone on the phones who cant effectively speak the language of the customers calling in. It's not discrimination if they just can't do the job as required. Maybe there should be a language proficiency test... or if there is, maybe it needs to be a bit more stringent.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Fri, Aug 3rd, 2018 at 11:30 AM.
    Ciel, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    only once did I actually have to ask for a supervisor and when that woman came on the phone I apologized so much to her but I said that I simply could not decipher anything the original CS person was saying....and I really tried! I kept saying " sorry could you repeat that please? " Nothing helped. I took the blame for not knowing more languages or accents but I think that is a Canadian trait.
    We do say sorry a lot eh? lol
    The REAL Canadian trait here is that you tried to decipher the agent's accent. We are such a diverse culture in this country that it's our NATURE to accept those difference and at least TRY to work through them, even if it's difficult. I think there are a lot of others that wouldnt even bother to try. So kudos to you, fellow Canuck.

You get an "eh" for effort.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Fri, Aug 3rd, 2018 at 11:37 AM.
    Ciel, GoJays, Midnightly and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

My macbook is no longer with me thanks to a spilling accident ! *Cries like a baby*

I am missing my laptop!
    Ciel and walkonby like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Page 623 of 654 FirstFirst ... 123 523 573 613 621 622 623 624 625 633 ... LastLast

Thread Information