let's see:

MrsSunshine
    October goals.. hmm
    organize pick up of all items needed for upcoming event-- DONE
    make project for it myself.--DONE
    finish shopping for and make 5 other baskets for event.--DONE
    conquer paperwork regarding son's OSAP.--DONE
    get front yard/backyard ready for winter.--DONE
    clean out car/vacuum one last time before winter--probably do before end of weekend
    clean all house windows.--also do this weekend
    hopefully cleaning BOTH duvets (2 in 1) at the same time.--Might conquer this one on my own next week.
    work on getting a few more gifts and SS.
    -- DID ACTUALLY PICK UP A COUPLE MORE.

after all that work. might just start working my list for next month. (only creating, not doing just yet)
    just posted your update challenges/goals updates, wow you are gonna be done before the month is over if you keep up at this pace!!!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

my son just called me "he sounds so tired" yep they had a rough night last night she needed her diaper changed a few times -ahhh today they were going to get her out for a walk in her buggy-I said while its nice yeah-the midwife came today said they are doing great -her weight dropped a bit-that's normal-ahh I cant wait to see her on sunday again

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    so I just youtubed both Crocheting and Knitting.. think im going to try crocheting looks easy..will see what I can do.. even if the only thing i ever learned to do are washclothes and slippers.. i ll be happy. maybe by the time my kids are ready to have kidlets i will have mastered the art and can make baby things.
    good luck & enjoy - great pass times and crochet lady is crocheting her little heart out to keep up with the client demands.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I taught today. I can't go into detail, but it is in my top 5 worst sub days ever. I have to type up a document and send it to the vice-principal...I taught her students this afternoon. She was gone to a funeral.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh dear that does not sound like a good teaching day!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thanks for the housing tips. I figure I need $10,000 just for closing costs. Then I was thinking I may need a little more yet so I don't have to pay CMHC (we are really close to the 20% if we want to upgrade our mortgage). I hadn't thought of the property taxes, so thank you for that tip. The rest are on my list. Moving must be a huge cause of debt for people, it has to be.

I have an appointment with the bank next Thursday for a pre approval and to get some logistic questions asked about transferring/adding to our mortgage. I have to wait for my financial planner to get back from holidays to ask about how to best use my investment savings. Bank appointment was the October goal though, so feeling good. I feel I may be stuck in this town and home without a miracle though. I prefer stuck to debt (outside of the mortgage of course).
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I taught today. I can't go into detail, but it is in my top 5 worst sub days ever. I have to type up a document and send it to the vice-principal...I taught her students this afternoon. She was gone to a funeral.
    I would think most days as a substitute would be horrible as kids just think of it as a "free" day. You are a brave woman to substitute teach

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Too tired to spend money is such a frugal tip. I bought a few things on Sunday and planned to do a Walmart trip, but never got around to it. Other than lettuce I did not really feel like we were missing anything this week. DH was also in meetings late so I made a bigger meal earlier in the week and ate lots of leftovers.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Thanks for the housing tips. I figure I need $10,000 just for closing costs. Then I was thinking I may need a little more yet so I don't have to pay CMHC (we are really close to the 20% if we want to upgrade our mortgage). I hadn't thought of the property taxes, so thank you for that tip. The rest are on my list. Moving must be a huge cause of debt for people, it has to be.

I have an appointment with the bank next Thursday for a pre approval and to get some logistic questions asked about transferring/adding to our mortgage. I have to wait for my financial planner to get back from holidays to ask about how to best use my investment savings. Bank appointment was the October goal though, so feeling good. I feel I may be stuck in this town and home without a miracle though. I prefer stuck to debt (outside of the mortgage of course).
    When we sold our first house, we paid for the move, lawyer fees and every other fee out of the profit we made on our house. I would think most people would do the same providing they made a profit on their home.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    so I just youtubed both Crocheting and Knitting.. think im going to try crocheting looks easy..will see what I can do.. even if the only thing i ever learned to do are washclothes and slippers.. i ll be happy. maybe by the time my kids are ready to have kidlets i will have mastered the art and can make baby things.
    I remembered my grand-mother maternal did some sewing and crocheting,and I had kept 2 beautifull baby dresses I had weared when I was a baby( I have some pictures with those, but this is a true heritance memory for me).Today,not to much was done,I guess those days happen.Have a good night all.
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:07 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, presuming you have a matching closing date, it means you are moving out and the people are moving into your house on the same day. If you can DON'T pick a Friday to close the deal. If the lawyers get behind in their work and the deal doesn't close, on one of the places you're stuck with your possessions in a truck until Monday. Also, make sure you HAVE a mover. MAKE SURE they come directly to your home to give you an estimate on what you will need to move.

Are your finances all set up? Do you know that the house your want to buy is WORTH what you are offering? Make sure that the bank gets involved and does an assessment so you can get your mortgage amount, length and rates to your liking as well as the ammortation length.

You will have to change all of your contacts - hydro, water, cable, internet, mail, to a new address. Plus you have about 10 days after you move to change the address on your driver's licence and your health card - insurance.

House insurance - contact them with the details of the house you would like to buy. They will want to know such things as: how recently was the electric updated - what type of wiring - how close to a fire hydrant - municipal services or septic/well?

You will need a lawyer - get a recommendation from your agent about a reasonable one.

Get an estimate of such things as "land transfer tax." Do the current people pay their municipal taxes by the month or by the year. If they've already paid for the year, you'll have to reimberse them for what they've paid and that can be a chunk.

Ditto with heating - if they leave you with a full oil tank, you'll have to pay them for it.

Decide if you want mortgage insurance that will pay for your mortgage if one of the owners dies or becomes disabled.

Put into the offer that you get to go in for one last inspection a few days before closing - that's to check if they have left behind the things you've asked for. Have they changed up a lighting fixture? Did they take out the ceiling fan?

Have a house inspection as a condition and then hire a GOOD one. ( recommendations can be had from realtors)

Ask to get in to measure things like drapes, or floors if you are changing flooring.

That's all I can think of for now. Is that the kind of thing you wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Oh wow, you are one with experience lol. We have our place up for sale and hopefully it will sell soon so we can get on with looking for another. We just want a different neighbourhood actually. So I suppose what I am really wanting to know is, when our house sells and we buy another, what is the next step....besides packing and more packing. We do have a very good realtor already.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I wanted to make my apple crisp but since I have not enough Brown Sugar,that will have to wait to tommorrow.I will purchase 3 packs to not missing some for my futures recepies.Always trust your intuition and double check next time....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Update

SassyAshley

1 - Complete the bathroom stockpile clean up - This is a carry over from September which I did not get done, my goal is to get this done this week and have it done by the end of the weekend - Done with the exception of under the sink which I plan to work on tonight as well as take all the extra to the basement
    2 - Finish the basement stockpile - I have a lot of stuff still in bags or boxes that needs to be inventoried and a home found for - Have not started hoping for this weekend
    3 - Get back to meal planning and more eating at home - So far we are right on track, we ate out once last week and looks like once this week, as long as we stick to one day a week I am happy
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

t
    hriftygranny
    1. paint 2 bedrooms and
    2.the trim on the main floor of my house and
    3.get some more sewing done.
    4. I also need to organize all my husbands hunting pictures so I can make him a photo book for Christmas!

Failing miserably on all goals. Keeping it optimistic though there is a lot of October left!!I have been working morewhich was unexpected and other projects have been completed so I am not feeling too bad about it.Those bedrooms will get done!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Update/Status- How is everyone making out with their goals/challenges? I have everyone who to submitted their goals/challenges posted on the 1st page of the thread, in post 2 I believe. If you need me to update or make changes please let me know and I would be happy to do so! Keep up the great work ladies!
    My big goal this month is painting my craft room and I'm on track for that. The room is empty except for the furniture, and I went and bought the supplies for fixing the cracks in the plaster and the primer to put over the old paint. I saw that you can now buy paint that is both primer and paint, but since that room hasn't been painted in over 20 years, I'm just not taking any chances and bought a can of primer/sealer. Picked up paint colour chips to see which one will fit better in the room. That room is used mainly for when I plan and sew my quilts, no a neutral colour is a must. I'm attracted to medium grey for some reason, but I feat it would get too gloomy in such a small room, so I'm looking at different shades of beige.

Page 36 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information