User Tag List

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: November frugal friends (2014)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-I am sure you will have a great time in Hawaii. We are also going for a week in March but not such a long flight for us. But if it is any consolation my trip to/from India is 24+ hrs travel, which I am not looking forward to. I have learned to take a sleeping pill to help me doze off enroute as I am not one of those lucky types who is already napping before the plane takes off-I wish!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow sassyashley Hawaii-sounds like a dream come true -my older brother/wife has been there twice
    -feeling lazy today
    gonna bring home swiss chalet this afternoon -a treat for hubby and I
    -might go to value villiage 50% off with the supersaver card today

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My Dad and Step Mom went last year as a Bday/Anniversary Trip and loved it and I assume they must have done some time share thing and are taking the family. We were waiting to find out if it was a go as it was done on points and things weren't lining up quite the way my Step Mom needed them too as there is only one week we can as that is the week my sis is on reading week since she is the only one still in school. the rest of us work for the family company so Dad has the final say there. But everything came together and the other night we all got an email with our schedule. I really am excited.

Potato soup is on the go, all the garbage and recycling has been taken out, now I need to find something to eat.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Friday work update:
    8:09am - already arrived in school 40min away when a school in town called me. I was pre-booked, but I still felt bad turning down the work because the teacher barely had a voice. I then proceeded to put my new business cards in the staff mailboxes because the teachers now need to request their own subs, the VP used to be in charge of this.
    3:30pm - the teacher I taught for in the afternoon announced to me that I am his new "regular" sub. His old sub accepted a teaching position at a private school. He says he will contact me over the weekend or on Monday to see if I am available for two days of work at the end of the month.
    5:30pm - the teacher that I taught for in the morning called me and asked how the day had gone. She then asked me to teach Kindergarten for her on Monday because she suddenly has a funeral to attend.

Saturday - day long meeting in Regina with dh and LO. We went to the cheap theatre and watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was better than either of us had expected.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I forgot to add that I spent $10 in Amazon.ca gc from Swagbucks this morning. I got 2 orange ties for dh and a magnetic doodle toy for LO. Can't find a better price. I'm hoping the products are good.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

What a nice surprise this morning! I got very brave for myself on friday and sent off an email to my boss in regards to my 2nd year anniversary (the 19th is the start of my 3rd year here) and that i wanted to negotiate for a raise and an extra week of paid vacation time. I checked my work email this morning and found that He Agreed without any quibble within about 2 hours of me sending off the email. I'm so pleased.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Hey everyone.
    I've been gone a while...looks like my marriage is caput.
    So since the kids will be with me, husband (soon to be ex) wants to know if I want to transfer the mortgage into my name.

My question is this. What would you do?

Child support is est $1800 a month
    My income is approx. $2500 a month after taxes/pension/etc
    I own my car outright but things are starting to go (2007)
    Small credit card at max $1800.
    Student loan $120 per month.
    Mortgage-taxes $1500 per month.

No other debts other than the aforementioned.

My last payment is this week to credit proposal so I'm not sure how I would be approved anyway. Thoughts?
    I'm trying to keep my head above water right now as I'm still in shock.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, gosh, Casey, so sorry to hear that!

I know absolutely nothing about finances with divorce, but psychologically it would be best for the children to be staying in the same home, at least for a while.

Oh, I just went through your numbers - no way you can be paying more than half your income for the home.
    What does your lawyer say?

Big hugs to you - and I sure hope your kids are okay.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thanks for your reply.
    My estimated income would be $4300 a month, not including disability/child tax etc.
    So I'm not sure.
    I would be looking at 1K or more for a rental

[QUOTE=Natalka;6134841]Oh, gosh, Casey, so sorry to hear that!

I know absolutely nothing about finances with divorce, but psychologically it would be best for the children to be staying in the same home, at least for a while.

Oh, I just went through your numbers

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh Casey, so very sorry hun, . that sucks. as long as you keep a strong head on your shoulders you should do be ok.
    from your past on here, i know that to be true.
    i'd try to consult with a lawyer as well, not only to find out if it would be in your best interest whether to keep the house or not, also to be sure everything you do as a couple is done legally through them.
    so much less stress on you and your son.
    hope that made sense.

on my own here with one son. the other???
    dh is off with his family. hoping to continue conquering my to do list. so far so good.
    trying to get it done before night fall.
    apparently were 'supposed' to be getting hit with snow.. don't see it happening.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Oh wow Casey - Im very sorry.

With putting the mortgage into your name your ex will have to transfer the property into your name alone.

The other option i guess would be for both of you to move out, sell the property and both start fresh. Stablity wise for your chidlren's sake transfering the mortgage into your name and keeping the house would be the most "normal".

In the case that they will not approve you for the mortgage you can arrange for your ex to deduct the cost of the mortgage from child support.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Hey everyone.
    I've been gone a while...looks like my marriage is caput.
    So since the kids will be with me, husband (soon to be ex) wants to know if I want to transfer the mortgage into my name.

My question is this. What would you do?

Child support is est $1800 a month
    My income is approx. $2500 a month after taxes/pension/etc
    I own my car outright but things are starting to go (2007)
    Small credit card at max $1800.
    Student loan $120 per month.
    Mortgage-taxes $1500 per month.

No other debts other than the aforementioned.

My last payment is this week to credit proposal so I'm not sure how I would be approved anyway. Thoughts?
    I'm trying to keep my head above water right now as I'm still in shock.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Oh wow Casey - Im very sorry.

With putting the mortgage into your name your ex will have to transfer the property into your name alone.

The other option i guess would be for both of you to move out, sell the property and both start fresh. Stablity wise for your chidlren's sake transfering the mortgage into your name and keeping the house would be the most "normal".

In the case that they will not approve you for the mortgage you can arrange for your ex to deduct the cost of the mortgage from child support.
    Thanks.
    I came home from a friend's wedding and feel like I got punched in the face. These feelings are all on his part. I'm trying to make the best decision for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Casey so sorry to hear (((hugs)))

I would speak with a lawyer and see what they suggest when it comes to the mortgage. My main concern would be taking the mortgage and everything else that comes with home ownership (hydro, water, cable). It is hard o say what is best as I am sure staying where you are is what would be best for the kids but will it only cause you more stress?
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

so sorry casey -I agree with everyone here -I am sure your lawyer will advise you on whats best

-just made small batch of homemade chicken soup from leftover swiss chalet-3 small bowl for the freezer-that was a nice treat for hubby and I

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

So sorry Casey. I can`t imagine going through a divorce with kids involved...it was bad enough without. Definitely consult with a lawyer and make sure he/she has YOUR best interest in mind. They don`t always. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information