User Tag List

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: November frugal friends (2014)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Are they fairly easy to use? Ive been pondering how the heels get shaped.

Thank you.
    It`s very easy to use. I waited a couple years to get it because I was afraid of the heel shaping. Mine came with a cd that takes you through every step in detail. Also like that the toes get shaped the same as the heel so it`s easier on the toes.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    saundyl - wonderful knitting! I admire anyone who knits and/or crochets. I have done tons of needlework and crafts, but those two skills escape my grasp.

I have a poor memory (gah!), but know there is someone on here who dehydrates foods.

SCer Walkonby is looking for help

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/395296-...fruits-canada/
    Thank you.

I tried embroidery as a teenager but was always pricking my fingers. I think its beautiful but havent tried in years.

When i was 23 i borrowed the for dummies knitting book and taught myself.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Looking for names for the December thread....my goodness time flies when you're having fun with a great bunch of folks - xoxoxox
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    It`s very easy to use. I waited a couple years to get it because I was afraid of the heel shaping. Mine came with a cd that takes you through every step in detail. Also like that the toes get shaped the same as the heel so it`s easier on the toes.
    Thats awesome. I guess if mine doesnt ill youtube it! There are some fantastic sites for knitting videos
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

started early this morning, then took a nap, went to church, then for groceries. now having dinner and relaxing. thats the just of my day.
    btw im nearly close enough in points already to get a free turkey dinner. only had it what, a month or so?

tomorrow were off for a free lunch on a friend. then i'll try to conquer baking banana loaves, 10 uniform shirts for dh for back to work on Monday.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I stayed up WAY too late last night working on work on my new laptop. I hate writing manuals for work but since I am now the person in charge of the computer portion of the training (one bro is taking on the back area shipping/warehouse and the other is taking on Sales speaking with customers, selling the products) so I want my own manuals to train off. I have tried to use other people's but they do not use all of my tricks to make things quicker. It is becoming more and more obvious that a lot of tricks to our system have not been taught to everyone which could really speed up their work day and make some of the more hated tasks easier.

I started working on two different piles in our house yesterday, the first is at the top of our basement stairs. For some reason things do not get taken downstairs but instead just placed at the top of the stairs and it has gotten to the point where I am getting worried I am going to fall trying to get to the top of the stairs. The pile is not completely gone but I got a good chunk taken care of, will see if I can finish today. I also started to work on our couch again, this one is really starting to annoy me because I keep getting it cleaned off and than next thing I know the pile is back and it all comes down to pure laziness that everything gets dumped there and does not get moved.

I posted a bunch of stuff for sales yesterday mostly items out of my stockpile that due to my allergic skin I do not want to try to use. My skin still seems extremely sensitive after my many allergic attacks this summer so right now I am afraid to use anything new/different. I know what works and I am sticking with it so might as well try to sell what I won't be using.

Not sure what the plan for today is yet, Mom is working so I have the house to myself. I need to try to come up with some sort of meal plan as Mom's work schedule is completely messing with dinner. Most nights this week Mom is working till 6 or 7 which makes it way too late for us to eat together since I got to bed between 8 & 9. We tried to eat together last week and let's just say nachos at 7:30 and in bed just before 9 did not sit well. So I need to find things I can make leave in the fridge and than both of us can just heat up separately to have dinner.

Off to post a few more things for sale and than time to start working on food for the week. Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Got a fair bit of snow yesterday, and there will be more to come today - gah!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Sassy. Make up Tupperware containers so they are easy to pull from the fridge. We do that for our lunches from dinner leftovers. Pasta is great. Stir fry. Meat, veg and potatoe or rice. I'm making taco meat now for the kids this week. And I plan to make a homemade Mac and cheese this afternoon. Can freeze in portion sizes easy to pull out. Same with chilie, soup etc. good luck!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Had a wonderful time yesterday (lunch with about 20 SCers). Just what the doctor ordered.

Critters were not amused with my lack of doggy/kitty bags when I got home, so I'm in the doghouse/cathouse. Good thing I wasn't overly hungry thanks to the huge lunch, I had to 'share' my dinner with them (I think I was allowed one bite).

Plans for today have been changed, so I get to spend some quality time doing housecleaning. Yuck. Brats are still on strike, so I'm the only servant on duty today (Lily dog is pretending to be an invalid, unless it's playtime).

Off to actually get a few things done around here. Or nap. Or play with the critters (notice no one is too tired/sick/sleepy for fun).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

@saundyl
    Those are gorgeous! You are very talented (I can't knit to save my life, tried to learn several times and made a mess of it)

@SassyAshley
    I make dinners for myself ahead of time and freeze them in containers that have the right portion size for me (lots of options out there for the containers, the Dollar stores have some cute glass ones). I just have to take out a container & nuke it & dinner's ready in less than 10 minutes. For me it works great cause I have an easy meal with no prep work on days my arthritis & eczema act up (on really bad days I can barely use my hands due to the arthritis and what seem like hundreds of tiny papercuts on my fingers). It does take up a lot of time (& freezer space!), so beware.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

morning.. seems pushing to decorate my house and 'mingling' at a few past events has left me with a cold. yay
    im trying to burst its bubble with Buckley's.
    oh and.. our snow is almost gone.. the rain has melted it all away. thats ok, it'll all be back within the week..
    a few things to do today. going to try and conquer them all.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Excuse my off topic post but some people complained they did not see this last year so cross posting everywhere

Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

saundyl: The scarf is gorgeous. I have been thinking of trying to teach myself to knit but I have no idea where to start as far as supplies.

For those on a tight food budget I came across a blog recently called budgetbytes.com & the writer breaks it all down to cost per service and there are a lot of freeze ahead meals. This might help you Sassy. The pictures alone are awesome. I am going to have my older son pick a few and then we can do freeze ahead meals (snacks for him). He hardly eats at school and has lunch number 2 when he gets in at 3PM. Currently he is eating a frozen dinner or pizza but this would be better and cheaper. I will report back once we try something.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, the funny thing (or at least I am trying to find it funny) is we now have quite a bit of food in our freezer as we try to always cook some extra for future meals but every time I mention having one of these items for dinner I get the we could but I would prefer not too. For some reason she seems to want to leave these meals for when she home alone (which is going to be more often soon as I have one location to visit before shut down and than start rotating once we come back). My new goal is to one meal on Sundays that will cover a couple meals and that is different from what we have in the freezer. Right now I have French Onion Soup Casserole simmering on the stove. I really love recipes I can make the base on the weekend and than finish off during the week so it still feels like a fresh cooked meal on the week night but I can make it in under an hour and if I can walk away well it is cooking even better.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lilo-that budget bytes looks yummy. I just made the moroccan vegetable/lentil stew-smells wonderful. DH says it is quite spicy with just 1/4 tsp cayenne so might reduce it next time.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information