User Tag List

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Well we made it through Christmas with lots of family time and fantastic food, still working on the food!!
    I was very spoiled this Christmas, we aren't huge on lots of gifts but I think everyone realized I am not invincible and went a little heavy on the gifts, so I am feeling very appreciated and spoiled!!
    I would like to get the house back to normal before New Years and get the tree down and decorations put away, I just want o move on and get my house purged of things we don't use or need anymore..I have also let my couponing slip while I was sick so I need to organize what I have and get back to looking a bit harder for them!!

Natalka what a beautiful arrangement you received from Milan, stunning.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

$1.97 bacon at Food Basics. How many is too many? I don't make often but kids love it. And it makes for a cheap dinner really.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well I have only told a couple of people at this point, but we are expecting baby #2. Baby is due August 24th. I've been sick the entire time. Haven't thrown up yet, but my stomach doesn't agree with me most of the day. I was sick with LO the entire pregnancy, so I'm not surprised. Happy Holidays!
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Well I have only told a couple of people at this point, but we are expecting baby #2. Baby is due August 24th. I've been sick the entire time. Haven't thrown up yet, but my stomach doesn't agree with me most of the day. I was sick with LO the entire pregnancy, so I'm not surprised. Happy Holidays!
    Oh Angela, congratulations !! Take care of yourself, I know you have some pretty serious health issues with you clotting problems, what a joyful time for your family.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Congratulations!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

aww Congrats.. Angela. thats awesome news!!

yes thriftgranny. im going to be doing the same thing in the next week. the thrift shops and facebook are going to get seiged by me, don't really have space or energy to do xmas again like i did this year. so about 6 full containers of xmas gone...

we had our christmas this morning.. boy did i get spoiled..
    a Tassimo, new rings, blanket, sweatshirt, goodies, Canon elph camera. plus other stuff.

the boys are going to have some downtime tonite on their own, while we have dinner with my family.

were going to be doing some 'planning' for our new year. lots to decide.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-congratulations! Your secret is safe with us! It does sound like you have been building up lots of work hours in order to qualify for EI so that is great-hope you start to feel better soon.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That's a good point, lizzie bargain, about the EI hours. That will be handy if all the teachers each month give Angela work so she can apply for the benefits.
    Good thing you bake, Angela, because you can stockpile goodies as needed. You'll just need a teleporter to help with the commute times and scheduling! Oh, bonus if there's a delivery service for groceries or shopping too.

jasperandchar-handy having that Home Depot gift card to apply towards materials to finish the room for your son. One day he'll tell you how pleased that you and DH were able to make this room for him!

Mrs. Sunshine-wow, go-getter knows which items are going out the door-wish you can send some of that decisiveness through mail so I can sprinkle it over my family! They cannot let stuff go. They'd rather bump into things or just remember how much it cost to buy.
    Some posts ago, you mentioned a kneeling Care Bear. I was not aware of any such bear back when the line first came out in the 80s but I did not collect them. How do you make the bear kneel: by pressing a spot or does a switch keep bear kneeling and rising until switch is turned off?

Sunny morning here today (rain is coming in the pm) so I did some errands, redeemed one of my free Starbucks tea codes and picked up a CIBC calendar (outdoor graphic images for most provinces and NWT in same style as 2014 calendar). Did I tell you that my brother got me a $10 lottery gift pack of tickets and none of them won a prize? That was disappointing. I have to see if I can get one or two clothing items for $20 or less next month. Secondhand stores, here I come.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Dec 27th, 2014 at 02:34 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-angela congrats
    -daughter and I are resting reading books-I went to library and shoppers

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl well deserved to be spoiled my dear....some time being treated extra special warms the heart
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

angela congrats to you and your family on your expecgting

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. sounds like you got spoiled for sure, great job on the guys treating the special lady in their lives with such gifts

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Need to call WM as the tv that everyone chipped on for Jaden for Christmas is $30.00 cheaper, need to see if they will do the exchange (refund) or if it's too late, it was purchased during the black Friday sale flyer (such a farce), hoping I they will give the difference and hopefully don't need to drag the thing down there. $30.00 + taxes would be a welcomed gift to Jaden and certainly unexpected....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone!

Angela, congratulations - such wonderful news for your family!

We've enjoyed the last few days, just vegging around... the nicest part is actually seeing my husband relaxed when he has more than a weekend off! It's just going to be so nice having him home for so long! Plus, hopefully I can fatten him up! Honestly, he lost the eight pounds or so he had gained a few months ago... pounds he couldn't afford to lose. (ha, wish it were me!)

Windchill is going to be close to -40 tonight, so eek!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congratulations, that is wonderful news.

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information