User Tag List

Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley I am a little concerned - you are bound and determine to get your house back in order but I hope your mom can purge the items from the storage unit otherwise I would hate the living room and hallways to be taken over with boxes that she will not want to deal with, I am just concerned, I know it's none of my business but I know how hard you are working AND I would hate to see this be something that turns into a nightmare
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sat, Jan 10th, 2015 at 09:14 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-sassy I keep my bills for a year then toss them -taxes is 7 years for sure
    -well asked my brother if he wanted to go grocery shopping he sad yes "walmart"so off we went
    -it as so busy the stopped at his apt for -they gave me a xmas card-they forgot to give it in dec an a 25.00 giftcard to winners was in it -so nice of them -on the card it said thanks for all that you do for me

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

um.. Nancy.. did your husband call mine last night?? apparently this morning I was informed we will be doing a full house purge this year.
    Everything from tools, to cookware/bakeware.
    i'm so happy. been waiting for this revelation for a long time.
    it seems he wants to make the house 'ready to move' in one day. which i get. at it stands.. that would take weeks.
    so if i disappear for days on end.. not to worry..

for now. im making banana muffins. and dinner. so hungry.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hello. Boys have won the 3 games they were scheduled for and go to semi-finals in the morning! In the pool now and then dinner. And bed early. I'm tired and I've been sitting on my butt all day watching lol.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Just picked up the mail. My Check Out 51 cheque was waiting. 50.00 woohoo, this was DHs account and I have one coming for my accou nt
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

So hubby has been trying to install the dishwasher since last night. Also decided now would be a good time to fix the drip under the sink. I'm going on 24hrs with no water in my kitchen. We are a family of 6. Care to guess what my kitchen looks like? It's not pretty. I know he's super frustrated as nothing is going the way he thought. It's a nightmare But I was ready to call a plumber like 12hrs ago! Trying to be grateful for the work he's doing. But argg....this girl needs a kitchen.

I'm off to the high arctic next week. Hopefully get some overtime to pay for my son's next squash tournament. He made the Canada Winter Games team, which is so awesome. (But means I need to take him to another out of town tournament before the end of February. If you see any hot deals on west jet, let me know!!)

Oh and I filed an RCMP complaint for the theft. The RCMP called the person who stole from me and this person admitted to it!!!! Said they would pay me back the money. I'll believe it when I see it. But I'm glad they admitted to it. Makes it easier to forgive and move on.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Hello,

After a week of work I am EXHAUSTED. I will be having a lazy day. Letting the kids run and play while I play catch up on SC, dishes, laundry...

I didn't take my morning sickness meds last night and I can't say I am feeling any different. Tired and in a fog. Waves of sea sickness that come and go. I remember this with my first. I will be happy when it passes.

Paper bills: I have an accordion file folder with labels. We keep them for a year and shred. I find I file 2-3 times a year from my catch-all box. Whatever is over a year old in the accordion file, I shred. Taxes we keep for 7 years.

We bank online and have a lot of bills in paperless billing, which is nice, because I don't have to store those and can keep years worth of bills. I have a special file for items with warranties in the accordion folder and write the year the product is guaranteed until on the top of the receipt. We really try not to keep what we don't need...after the move and all the title insurance fiasco I have learned to keep housing papers FOREVER. Fortunately, the page I had gotten rid of someone else had kept! Now I have all that data backed up on email. :D I tend to be a tosser so I am a trying to be a little more cautious.

My pay was a little short this last pay. I knew it would be (due to a fee deduction that occurs in Jan), but it was more than double short what I expected. At some point in the year 2014 I had finished deductions to EI and CPP so they were not being deducted any longer (I did not realize this). Now they are being deducted again, since it is a new calendar year, and it appears to be deducted at a higher rate earlier in the year. I prefer stable income, so it drives my nuts when different deductions are taken away at different rates at different times of the year. A few $100 dollars makes a huge difference in our budget biweekly. Needless to say the shortfall is causing me anxiety and DH is gathering up some car work to help make up the difference. I hate starting the year with a blown budget...March fine...but not January!!!
    I had a lazy day too.

Hope your morning sickness ends soon.

I keep my bills for a year then shred them. But I have an excel sheet going back several years if I want to see historical data.

My January budget dips into utilities savings as the Dec 31st pay is short as we have unpaid holidays over Christmas. I hate the fact that it's short but I save knowing it happens
    Last edited by saundyl; Sat, Jan 10th, 2015 at 08:49 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    um.. Nancy.. did your husband call mine last night?? apparently this morning I was informed we will be doing a full house purge this year.
    Everything from tools, to cookware/bakeware.
    i'm so happy. been waiting for this revelation for a long time.
    it seems he wants to make the house 'ready to move' in one day. which i get. at it stands.. that would take weeks.
    so if i disappear for days on end.. not to worry..

for now. im making banana muffins. and dinner. so hungry.

I can't say he did BUT see we just have to wait and in good time or years they decide to do it and ONLY THEN will they be willing to truly part or purge with the items.....

SO happy for you

PS hurry up and burn the stuff or sell it BEFORE THEY change their minds

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

evening all.
    spent the past few days just getting through the snow . lol
    tonight I got 3 free movies via redbox
    went to Costco this am, bought a lot of meat , cut it all up ( I got roasts). froze it all into meals. I should be good for the month, and hopefully come under budget for the month
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    So hubby has been trying to install the dishwasher since last night. Also decided now would be a good time to fix the drip under the sink. I'm going on 24hrs with no water in my kitchen. We are a family of 6. Care to guess what my kitchen looks like? It's not pretty. I know he's super frustrated as nothing is going the way he thought. It's a nightmare But I was ready to call a plumber like 12hrs ago! Trying to be grateful for the work he's doing. But argg....this girl needs a kitchen.

I'm off to the high arctic next week. Hopefully get some overtime to pay for my son's next squash tournament. He made the Canada Winter Games team, which is so awesome. (But means I need to take him to another out of town tournament before the end of February. If you see any hot deals on west jet, let me know!!)

Oh and I filed an RCMP complaint for the theft. The RCMP called the person who stole from me and this person admitted to it!!!! Said they would pay me back the money. I'll believe it when I see it. But I'm glad they admitted to it. Makes it easier to forgive and move on.
    You would think the person would have to bring the $ to the police , could that be arranged Insane? BUT I'm glad they admitted it for your own peace of mind.

Fantastic news about your son making the Canada Winter Games team that's very impressive .

Oh gotta love the husbands, it's so frustrating when everything goes wrong poor guy, hope you get your kitchen back soon, when we were renovating our kitchen I did dishes in the bathtub in a Rubbermaid geez fun times

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    evening all.
    spent the past few days just getting through the snow . lol
    tonight I got 3 free movies via redbox
    went to Costco this am, bought a lot of meat , cut it all up ( I got roasts). froze it all into meals. I should be good for the month, and hopefully come under budget for the month
    My husband has discovered redbox (sigh) how do you get free movies?

Enjoy your movies and Costco meat is so beautiful

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

keep those cheques coming Lilo that's awesome, so you can have more than 1 account but the same address, I'm so behind the times, I just signed up last week (shrug)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Enjoy your quiet time FBM, I hope you brought some wine from home (wink), congrats to the team on their wins

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    keep those cheques coming Lilo that's awesome, so you can have more than 1 account but the same address, I'm so behind the times, I just signed up last week (shrug)
    It is per person even per device i think but not one per address. Both DH and I have an account.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

the store right beside our redbox- grocery store, has free codes they hand out.
    ad tursdays are free movie night . Promo code is THURSDAY
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information