User Tag List

Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

RE: selling online. I do better on Facebook pages (local mom swap, local Facejiji) I don't do Facebook myself either but my friend set up a selling page for me I do not wait for anyone. I tell people when I'm available for the big/more $ stuff and for the cheap crap I ask when they can come and then tell them I will leave on my porch and they can leave the money I do this all the time and haven't been let down yet And have a pick up today on the porch for $18 (usually I wouldn't trust for that much money but she is a swap Admin so I'm sure she won't rip me off lol) And if she does then I guess she needed it that bad. But so far so good And I'm not a fan of meeting people or delivering. Tried It a few times and one house had dogs tied up at the front. The other no answer. So won't again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finally took the dryer off the washer and put it down on its own. Makes the room seem bigger now. Now I'm ready to go wash machine shopping!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS found xbox games after Christmas for sale about 30 mins away from us. The guy wanted $10 each but I offered $10 for both and he said yes so we took a drive. It made DS happy and he made a smart choice to get 2 older NHL games for $10 then the newest in the store for $70. He is a smart shopper

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

DH has been trying to think of what to do with his old XBox NHL games forever. Frugalbigmama, which games did your son get? Perhaps I will post them for sale on Barrie kijiji now that there's a gap.

Sorry everyone, for my last post turning into a complaint. Each month seems so eventful. In December, we lost our car and had to get a new one. This month, we lost our daycare and now we're scrambling. Fingers crossed for no more sudden events for a long time!

Andit, your jewelry is beautiful! Thanks for posting!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

MrsSunshine, I love the slippers! I only know how to do knit and purl stitches, but I have a crochet hook (for picking up dropped stitches). Is it hard to learn? Would you recommend a simpler project for beginners?

Natalka, I also have a sprained rib since September/October, so I know how you feel. I was constantly sick from September to last week from LO's last daycare and it hurt *so* much to lie awake coughing, and then to be awake from the pain. I hope you get better really quick!

February is approaching so quickly! I don't like the commercialization of the idea, but I love Target's Valentine's section. They have Valentine tablecloths (and I need a table protector for LO), they have gifts like ring erasers and pencils for children with allergies or something other than candy, and they have little bubble wands which my friend needs for the children in her health clinic. I really will miss Target when it's gone!

Maybe you ladies can help me pick my next tablecloth. Which do you think?

DH thinks this one looks like a children's birthday party:
    http://www.target.com/p/circo-multicolor-11-25-x-8-x-2-tablecloth/-/A-15372615#prodSlot=medium_2_3&term=tablecloth

He thinks this one is quite a strong statement when it's not Valentine's:
    http://www.target.com/p/red-heart-peva-tablecloth/-/A-16227462#prodSlot=medium_2_4&term=tablecloth

I just need something to cover the table for every day and think both are quite cheery!

Oh, and does anyone know how to get pasta sauce out of a cotton table cloth? I had friends over, they brought pasta, and found out first hand why children need plastic table covers.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi! I think it was 13 and 14 or 12 and 13. Can't remember. Let me know what you are selling and for how much before you post please. May be interested
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have you every tried oxy clean? (or its something like that) I was able to get out a 12 year old formula stain with that stuff years ago

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Have you every tried oxy clean? (or its something like that) I was able to get out a 12 year old formula stain with that stuff years ago
    I think I tried Resolve and that didn't work, but I do have some Oxy Clean! Do you find different stain removers work better than others?

I'll ask DH. He's got a few XBox games which he's always meant to take to EB Games.

I think we also have a pair of Cineplex movie tickets that he's been holding onto, thinking we'd be able to go someday. I told him not until LO is much older. Now he finally agrees I should trade them. They expire at the end of March with a value of $25 on them, I think. I'd better dig them out and trade them away quick!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I use to swear by the oxy clean when it first came out. Now I find I have a boy that destroys clothing and nothing works lol

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

afternoon all.
    dh is off to work early. im awaiting a 'try on' buyer for some retro outfits my mom sent over. they are 40+ years old and in excellent shape.
    @sweet sparrow .
    actually i think crocheting is easier to learn then knitting. i find the hook to be an extra 'hand'. i just started like 2-3 weeks ago. my slippers were my first project.
    i literally watched the lady on youtube the whole time i was doing it.
    ive got a few books from the 70's im learning to read the stitches.
    but pinterest, youtube are my go to's. i sit and watch them and crochet as i go.
    some are hard to follow as they go to fast.. i'd suggest searching YT for a video of how to learn first. then go from there.

LOL. i made a tie for my husband. it might fit a 1 year old. LOL. however i redeemed myself and made myself a headband for the warmer winter/spring days.
    just need to make a bow or something to add to it.

i LUV crocheting. just need to find ALOT more wool/yarn.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS talked me into getting pizza for lunch for him since it was his last day of exams. They had a deal for 2 with bread so there is an extra in the fridge for his brother for dinner. Perfect! Will slice up cucumber and make a salad and dinner is done! And I will head to the basement and clean a bit more and post a bunch of junk for sale

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

Sweet sparrow I like the polka dot but would be concerned that it's primarily white which would stain, I agree with your dh the other is too Valentine's day for my taste but choose what you like the most.

Jaden is now finished exams . The guys are leaving tomorrow for 3 days to the cottage and I can't wait, I have a really bad cold and dh is really getting on my last nerve but I think he's a bit cranky with the unknowns about work .

I finally rec'd my pc mastercard so anxious to start using it and accumulating the points to use in December when $ is really tight with Christmas and all.

Dinner tonight is hot Italian sausages pulled from the freezer, will put on the bbq and serve with fresh sausage buns from the bakery section.

Bumped a few on my posting on the 2 local facebook pages but no nibbles yet, oh well, it's a matter of cat and mouse (patience & timing).

Still taking names until Friday for the February frugal chatter thread.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

On the run these days catching up on paperwork, apts etc and helping my friend with her sick little ones. This is our third( and last) day of shirt sleeve weather so I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    On the run these days catching up on paperwork, apts etc and helping my friend with her sick little ones. This is our third( and last) day of shirt sleeve weather so I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!
    I am so going to miss running out for errands with just a vest or hoodie, freezing rain is starting here this afternoon and the cold temps are on there way after a few weeks of beautiful weather. Oh well made January fly by!!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hey all It is natalka's big day!!

Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast

Thread Information