User Tag List

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Granger I would give these a try, use the alfredo instead of the marinara, I thin they would freeze well!
    http://www.emilybites.com/2012/02/sp...ball-cups.html

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Mrs S so sorry for your family's loss.

We wrote a grocery list yesterday as that did not hurt and it is quite large, I am pretty afraid of what out bill be this week. But as Mom reminded me it has been months since we did a real grocery shop. Now just really wishing I could clean out our freezers and do a good inventory but right now with this side I cannot take garbage out and get it int he dumpster.

Now for the truly shocking moment of yesterday Mom brought up setting out a budget for groceries as well she is going to stop some of her small habits (Tim Horton's on days she works). As well we are going to start meal planning and cooking ahead again. Hopefully since she brought it up she is really on board this time as I brought up the fact we have to stop eating out. I get the convince factor but I would hate to add how much we have spent especially since I have been sick and well just don't care as long as it meant I got to sleep (not going to lie). So today will be meal plan day.

We will have to see what I can get done today, my side is still really bothering me, My Mom has been great helping me with the simplest of tasks because they hurt (I can't even brush my own hair right now as putting my arm in that position makes me want to cry). Guess I will be calling the doc tomorrow and going in. I was hoping to avoid this just when I thought I finally had a cold that did not involve a lot of medical attention here I am. Plus really hoping it is nothing as I am planning to be away next week at one of our locations. We have or are in the process of hiring 3 new employees all will be working on the system so training is needed and off I will go.

As well I need to have a sit down with my Dad, I think it is time to make it known I do not want to stay on Order Desk the rest of my career that I do want to move off Order Desk, my issue being I have no idea where I want to end up which is why I have never discussed it with Dad yet. It is going to be an odd conversation as I need to have it but have been putting off as I don't have the answers so what do I tell him.

Hope everyone has a great day, off to see what we have to use for this week's meal plan.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Spoon River was one of the most memorable pieces of theatre I've ever seen. The "event" (we're not allowed to call it a show or performance in order to set the mood, nor are we allowed to smile) starts with a long walk backstage (set up as a funeral home) with actors along the way making small talk, a chance to pay respects to the dearly departed (one of the actors lying in a coffin), then across the stage (set up as a cemetery in a poplar grove), only to go down a few steps at the side of the stage to get to the main seating in the theatre (very dimly lit to further set the mood). The "event" consists of a series of songs and short pieces outlining the deaths (lives?) of those in the cemetery. It's based on Spoon River Anthology by Edgar Lee Masters. Highly recommended. Here's some info on the show, if anyone is interested (http://tickets.youngcentre.ca/single....aspx?psn=7685).

Have to run out to the store today for some liver (heaven forbid we should run low on treats!), then try to adjust to the time change (it usually takes me a few days to convince the brats to sleep in, cause they'll be suffering from hunger pangs from a delayed breakfast. Oh, the hardship they must endure.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Oh, & in the spirit of Bunday, here is Holly, my friend's (not-so-new now) critter who fell in love with the Xmas tree & is still up to mischief:

Name:  P1080338.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  53.1 KB

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley I agree you really need to get checked out, you just never know what is going on and you're better off being cautious.

Well it sounds like your mom is really coming around to the lifestyle changes & financial realities in her own time and I think that is key, she needs to accept the situation and sounds like she has accepted the circumstances and is ready to embrace the changes at this time.
    As they say we can't change people they need to make the changes themselves and it seems that your mom has done a lot of thinking and validating the realities of her financial & employment situation.

On the plus side it should make your life much more easier now that she is truly onboard.

I think speaking with your dad is a great idea and perhaps knowing you and your work ethic may know where or what job you would be wonderful at, good luck with the conversation when you're up to it.

Take care of yourself
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone Just stopping in for a quick post before I put in another load of Laundry. Plan on making a big batch of Scones this afternoon but soooo stuffed from my big Sunday breakfast I'm having a hard time to move. LOL. I made scrambled eggs, belgium waffles and bacon for everyone . Yum...yum...Now to gitty up and get my butt in gear I think I will make a easy peasy supper. Maybe a big pot of soup and grilled cheese sand. Not quite sure yet. Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Just reading back to catch up. So sorry for your family's loss MrsSunshine.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!
    MrsSunshine, my condolences to you and to your family on the loss of your father's friend; having lost my best friend of over 25 years...gosh...is it really 2 years now? Can't be....anyway, I still shed a tear, sometimes at the most inappropriate times, when something we used to do happens, or places we used to go...(who cries and has to leave HomeSense?!!). Your dad will feel this loss deeply now but the hurt will soften, but his friend will never be forgotten...

As usual, not a busy day for me...hubby made his homemade pancakes for us this morning as it's the last day before my diet again...I say "again", since I gained about a third of the weight back since my fall that I lost last winter...grr. But, it'll go, no doubt! I have to draw little flowers in a watercolour painting we started in class last Thursday...I don't like my trees anymore, but not sure what to do with them...maybe a LOT of leaves?!! But this is all too much fun!

Ashley, I hope you get to that clinic...colds can easily turn nasty and into pneumonia and although I hope that's not the case for you, it's best to get a good check up.

Well...off to watch the end of the curling match, then it's painting...or, drawing little stems of stocks, that is...maybe I'll toss in some happy little white daisies!

Have a lovely day, everyone!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

Wishing everyone a wonderful day, the sun is shining in my neck of the woods, the guys are doing yard clean up as the temperatures are supposed to be above zero this week and well it will be really soupy in the yard .

Once dh is done snow blowing, we will venture out for our Sunday fix of the re-use it centre , hoping to find a few pairs of shorts for my guys in preparation for the nicer weather, I found 3 pairs of swimming shorts the kiddos which is great because I am certain their clothes from last summer will not fit as they are growing like weeds.

Also going to keep my eyes open for anything that may fit my dad as he said he really liked his clothes he got there last weekend and my mom said he wore all the clothes last week .

As for myself I really don't need anything but I can't resist the hoodies and coats it's my addiction and besides the price is right

Everyone is really looking forward to steak on the bbq tonight is will be a nice change and on that note I should really put some thought into my meal plan, going to venture down to the freezer and have a look and go from there.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

You guys are so supportive, your thoughts and prayers are truly appreciated. I think it bothers me more that my poor Dad is losing his 'circle' of friends, no wonder all he wants to do is just sit and look out the window..

Its beautiful here. going to be 10 by Wednesday. yay!

can you believe i actually set my clock forward Friday night??? Y?? i have no idea. they mentioned it on the news last night as a reminder and i was like .. wait?? i did that last night.. well d'ooh. not the brightest move on my part...

oh well whats done is done. today im planning on getting some goodies made. banana loaf/muffins. strawberry cupcakes(if i can find a recipe that doesnt' turn the strawberry cupcakes in hard muffin pucks)

Nancy.. you are so lucky to have that cool re use it center. sounds like it works for every member of your family..

i can't wait til the snow melts. yes it will create rivers/lakes around our house.. but once its gone, it ain't commin back to the fall.. it better not anyway. .. i just wanna wear shoes again....

well enjoy your day all
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Mrs S that really is a hard situation. My Great Grandfather lived to 87 and he saw a lot of his friends go before him. When he passed he only has one friend left and that friend came to our family and told us he couldn't do it, it was official all of his friends were gone. I saw quite a few years ago that friend has passed.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I got to sleep in. BF was so worried hed sleep in he ended up awake at 6:30 - 3 hours before he had to leave for work.

I did my annual donation to telemiracle today. I volunteered counting the money for 3 years and one year answering phones before i moved up to the NWT -It was kind of a thrill to be there and be part of it. VERY different from watching it on tv. It is one charity i will continue to donate to because when my sister (9 months old at the time) was diagnosed with cancer telemiracle and the kinsmen/kinnettes helped my mom and dad...and our family so much I want to continue to pay it forward.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We went out for lunch today. The March bums...hubby is one of them...get together every year to celebrate their birthdays. Ate too much, but then usually do at a Chinese buffet. Don`t think I`ll be eating supper.
    Andit, Natalka, Lynn49 and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Whipped up a casserole (found on kraft canada) with our leftover ham and rice. Some miracle whip peas milk and mushroom soup . will top with cheese a d it will be supper tomorrow

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So happy with my RCSS shop today. I had the 7500 points when u spend $75.00 offer. There was no good meat deals but I stocked up on frozen pizza and dinners and PM’ed lot of produce. I used 20.00 in coupons and bought 5 boxes of cereal with the FPC on it. Then I looked at Checkout 51 when I came home to discover my 2 boxes of all bran qualified for 1.50 back. I bought them because the bogo coupon was expiring Monday & they both had the FPC.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information