User Tag List

Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny enjoy your me time and your menu sounds great
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Purgatory because I can only get Internet access five days per week via library's computers and maximum of 3h of time. It's one month since the home Internet service was discontinued-I had to have DVDs for the first two weekends to get through the absence of online time. Now I find myself reading or getting something done or taking a long walk. I really miss being online daily.

It seems that someone I was acquainted with in the past has recently passed also. Was able to spot mention of her through a church bulletin and figured she was unwell. I checked the obituaries too and saw she had passed on Saturday. She usually took a minute or two to chat if we spotted each other near her survey. Don't know what happened to her cat (rehoused, given away or what-not named in the obit.)
    So sorry for the loss of your friend.

Is anyone else going through internet access withdrawal?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

enjoy your new rug coupon girl

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I did it I went to the doctor, turns out is a pulled muscle and I did a pretty good job at pulling it. I was very hesitant to go as last time I was there the doc didn't seem interesting in what I was saying, looked at my toe from about 7 feet away, very quick to call my sinus pain viral so I was afraid he would kind of blow this off as well. Good news is he did not blow me off, although probably helps that I actually may have screamed a little trying to sit up (feels like my chest bone is collapsing). Soo good news pulled muscle bad news it is now a waiting game to see how long it takes to heal.

Now I need to decide if I should travel never week or not. I am kind of worried as when I work in another location I tend to spend the whole day on my feet and personally I feel it is a lot on my body without being injured. Yes I am wimp, I am not used to working on my feet anymore I have been at a desk for 10 years now.

As well tomorrow I meet with a leadership coach which has been arranged for me through work. My one brother already works with him and now me and my other bro will start meeting with him tomorrow. I must admit I am really looking forward to it.

Plus now that I am finally feeling better I found the ambition tonight to get some stuff ready for this week at work. So happy I kind of feel like my body needs to detox from my bad eating.

Hope everyone has a good night, I am off to stare at an Instant Pot I want one so bad but cannot bring myself to spend the money.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    i know exactly how you feel Nancy. when dh sleeps during the day, its hard to vacuum and do noisey things.
    well its a beauty of a day.
    i think i've made a slight boo boo. trying to find out if this week is march break or next week. have a feeling its next and i've neglected to send a child off to school.

for now. im working on a project. dinner is in the crockpot a load of laundry is going. tonite im going with family to visitation/prayers.
    dh is getting time off to go tomorrow to the funeral. apparently it will be small and intimate.
    our boys off the last week of march and the week after easter here.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Purgatory because I can only get Internet access five days per week via library's computers and maximum of 3h of time. It's one month since the home Internet service was discontinued-I had to have DVDs for the first two weekends to get through the absence of online time. Now I find myself reading or getting something done or taking a long walk. I really miss being online daily.

It seems that someone I was acquainted with in the past has recently passed also. Was able to spot mention of her through a church bulletin and figured she was unwell. I checked the obituaries too and saw she had passed on Saturday. She usually took a minute or two to chat if we spotted each other near her survey. Don't know what happened to her cat (rehoused, given away or what-not named in the obit.)
    Nosy me - discontinued for frugalitiys sake?

I would miss it. im ssure though if we cut off internet and tv we would ALL do more outside.
    It was a pain last year trying to get BF to lower the satellite package. He doesnt miss what he let me cut off though.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I could just cry....after 3 months of less stress/normal work load and all that...our newest most recent secretary for real estate quit. So now im back to being the office admin/finance/payroll/invoicing AND drafting mortgages/doing all the real estate conveyancing.

We get the boys back today...our only week with them this month as their mom is taking them south for a hockey tourney and easter. She asked us what our plans for easter are...and we asked that we get the boys in the morning easter monday and the rest of our regular week because we have company....SO shes now extended her trip from leaving saturday before easter to leaving easter monday to come home so we might get them tuesday.

I dont know why that woman (ok i originally had a rather rude insult typed there rather than woman) even bothers asking what our plans are because she just intends to wreck them anyways.

Meal plan - tonight was the casserole however that changed because she decided im incapable fo feeding them when we get them mondays (i dont know WHO feeds them when bf is at work because she sure thinks i dont but food magically appears) So i ate leftover pork steak and potatoes.

Tomorrow will now be the casserole

Wedensday i think im going to grab some stew meat and do a stew.

Thursday...I'll probably revert to my normal shake n bake chicken thighs with rice.

Friday-Monday BF has to decide.

Had a dentist appointment over noon - i still have 2 wisdom teeth that need pulling or cavaties filled ive convinced them though to fill them as i heal VERY poorly - previous teeth pullings resulted in open wounds in my mouth for over 3 months. I have one other filling and a freezing plaque removal appointment as well. MUCH better than being told theres like 6 new cavaties to do.

With the way things have gone today i think im just gonna knit and drink my wine tonight and pout. (theres only one glass in the bottle)
    Last edited by saundyl; Mon, Mar 9th, 2015 at 08:13 PM.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ Saundyl I think we all have those days. I wish I could drink the wine. lol

@ Ashley Hope the pulled muscle heals quickly.

I`m not a happy camper. I take a weekly injection of methotrexate. There is only one brand that is covered by the Trillium Plan. Was informed that it is on back order and they have no idea when it will be available again. Meanwhile I have to pay out of pocket for the more expensive one. I`ll be paying for 2 injections but since this one has no preservative I can only use one and have to throw the rest away.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Ouch thats not good. Too bad the pharmacy and dr. Cant do a letter re the need for the meds to be covered. My dr offered with my depo shot because my uti cant be done STILL on a wait list i had filled the script but have had to get the needle 3times since out of pocket

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    @ Saundyl I think we all have those days. I wish I could drink the wine. lol

@ Ashley Hope the pulled muscle heals quickly.

I`m not a happy camper. I take a weekly injection of methotrexate. There is only one brand that is covered by the Trillium Plan. Was informed that it is on back order and they have no idea when it will be available again. Meanwhile I have to pay out of pocket for the more expensive one. I`ll be paying for 2 injections but since this one has no preservative I can only use one and have to throw the rest away.
    You should try getting a note from your doctor and submitting it to your medical coverage. By law they are required to pay for the other brand of the drug while this one is currently unavailable.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, all!

Hoping to do some baking today, have some apples and bananas to use up!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    (((hugs))) Saundyl, funny how people make their own assumptions regarding the boys being fed. I know for years I have been bugged and teased about my "lack" of cooking skills and being able to feed myself when in reality I have been doing it since I was a teenager. As for their Mom I hate to say it but it sounds like she gets enjoyment from ruining/wrecking your plans which I have seen before when it comes to divorce. It is almost like it make them feel they have the upper hand. You see it a lot when one parent has the kids most of the time vs a parent who only gets them every other weekend the so called "full time" parent makes plans and changes schedules and feel that is their right because they have the kids more and are the "full time" parent.

Crochetlady seems a bit odd that they cannot do anything for you. It is not your fault it is not available.

So I was very bad last night, after about an hour or so of reading about the instant pot, I purchased it. Only cost me about half price as I had some gift cards I could use to cover the other half but still money I did not need to spend. Oh well this is my splurge for me.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Managed to get everything straightened out yesterday. Too bad it took hours and was a waste of a beautiful day (in addition to being on hold, I had to spend an hour in line in a dingy office, blech). On the plus side, I had fun with the neighbours last night (as always).

Today is another busy day for us. After baking treats, the brats should be bribable enough to help out with the chores. Tonight is another round at the, ahem, event (the music makes it anything but dreary - can't wait!). Then a mini vacation with my Mom for a few days starting tomorrow (well, first I have to have another mini round of laser surgery in my eye - last one!). Can't wait to be spoiled for 3 days!

Better get going and have fun with the brats.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit enjoy being spoiled by your mom and I'm sure it's a nice to change sceneries mind you, you do get out quite often, have fun & good luck with your laser eye surgery

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Get your doctor to fill out a special form (sorry, can't remember the name, the transplant clinic does mine). I have one medication that is generic but I use the name brand, so I need the special form to prove I need it.

I do know what you're going through. When I first started dialysis, I was given a prescription for epo (it helps the body make red blood cells - it's also the stuff that athletes use to enhance their performance & cheat the system, as it were). I stupidly went and filled the prescription - 6 syringes full of the drug, at $150 each (no drug plan at the time). I wanted to have everything ready for my first treatment. That's when the nurses told me I shouldn't have bothered, since it was supplied (for free!) at dialysis (thanks to a grant from the kidney foundation). Grrrr!

Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information