User Tag List

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I ordered my sisters gift yesterday and 4 rocketcopters for neices and nephews. I got my moms gift around thanks giving. One sister left stockings and my mil.

Bf and I do a together gift so we bought a Bose speaker for camping.

The boys are up in The air they won't say what they want. They might be going south so we could do money but I know whatever we choose their mom Will either duplicate it or tell them what is planned. They are getting shavers but not a surprise because... yeah just won't be a surprise. Bf can pick stuff for them this year.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
    I'm still stumped for the Santa gifts this year. Have a couple ideas but since my sister spoiled my youngest with an xbox one for his bday and then she buys him accessories as he needs them he doesn't have a really big want this year.
    macw1960 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I'm still stumped for the Santa gifts this year. Have a couple ideas but since my sister spoiled my youngest with an xbox one for his bday and then she buys him accessories as he needs them he doesn't have a really big want this year.
    It gets tough with boys I swear

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    macw1960 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

For me Christmas is much different than gifts since I lost 10 years ago my mother and 4 years ago my brother.But I will try to be less sad and much more into the spirit with decorating for the first time this year,cooking more goodies and food,having a great dinner and supper with father and do little gifts for my cat eve(I will put bags of temptations and toys in a Christmas bag ) and for my father he dont want gifts he want my presence.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    For me Christmas is much different than gifts since I lost 10 years ago my mother and 4 years ago my brother.But I will try to be less sad and much more into the spirit with decorating for the first time this year,cooking more goodies and food,having a great dinner and supper with father and do little gifts for my cat eve(I will put bags of temptations and toys in a Christmas bag ) and for my father he dont want gifts he want my presence.
    @cath007, I've lost both my parents (I'm old..), and last summer lost my Brother....Each loved one we lose is heart-breaking, but I know that they'd want me to be happy, not sad. They know I've always been nuts over Christmas, enjoying every second of the planning (starting now), and they're likely still watching me go crazy and laughing at me as usual, in a nice way, of course. Whether or not they are, and as much as I wish I could return to those days when they were all here, I can't dwell in sadness or mourn them forever. Life goes on and it's our responsibility to find as much joy in it as we can possibly squeeze out of it.
    We toast each of them with joy at remembering them as they were, at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner, and hope that they know how much they are loved and missed.
    I hope you find new joys with your Dad this Christmas...and of course with your kitty!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Nov 3rd, 2017 at 04:54 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    It gets tough with boys I swear

Ugh. @saundyl , you said it!!! Our Grandson is 9 and has always shared his Pokemon cards with me, sitting with me, going over each 'special' one, so what did I do? I bought 2 really good packs of them to put into his advent calendar that I make for him each year. What did I learn? He's now into Yu-G-OH!!! Gah!!
    NO idea what to get him this year, so we're just waiting for his wish-list and we'll pick something off that.
    Doesn't seem as much fun, though.....Although I still have fun finding goodies for his advent bags...24 of them!
    Angela273, macw1960 and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I bought our 2yr old girl a Mini mouse purse from a second hand store in town. I also bought her a toy doctor kit from Dollarama. I haven’t really figured out what to give our other family members.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I have been MIA! Since many of my usually SC friends are in this thread, I will say hello here.

Took advantage of 25% off kids at Indigo. I let my kids look through the catalogue and circle what they liked under $50 and now they each have a Santa gift. We did get a Great Wolf Lodge deal through a local FB group and are going Dec 10 as their gift from us and to their grandparents. We went all out and bought a meal plan too. No dishes thanks to other savings elsewhere!!!

Life as a pastor's wife, mom to three girls (2, 5, and 6) and teaching part-time has kept me busy. As Christmas approaches I will probably pop in a bit more. Off to SDM thread to find out when the gift card optimum points promo is! Hugs and love.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I have been MIA! Since many of my usually SC friends are in this thread, I will say hello here.

Took advantage of 25% off kids at Indigo. I let my kids look through the catalogue and circle what they liked under $50 and now they each have a Santa gift. We did get a Great Wolf Lodge deal through a local FB group and are going Dec 10 as their gift from us and to their grandparents. We went all out and bought a meal plan too. No dishes thanks to other savings elsewhere!!!

Life as a pastor's wife, mom to three girls (2, 5, and 6) and teaching part-time has kept me busy. As Christmas approaches I will probably pop in a bit more. Off to SDM thread to find out when the gift card optimum points promo is! Hugs and love.
    Welcome back!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Ugh. @saundyl , you said it!!! Our Grandson is 9 and has always shared his Pokemon cards with me, sitting with me, going over each 'special' one, so what did I do? I bought 2 really good packs of them to put into his advent calendar that I make for him each year. What did I learn? He's now into Yu-G-OH!!! Gah!!
    NO idea what to get him this year, so we're just waiting for his wish-list and we'll pick something off that.
    Doesn't seem as much fun, though.....Although I still have fun finding goodies for his advent bags...24 of them!
    Our boys went from pokemon to yu-g-oh and now to magic the gathering. They are 14 and 16 now

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post

@Granger the optimum gift card offer is on now. I don't know the details of limits etc, but it's the buy 2 GC GET 8000 points.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I opted to make my sister a Baby Groot Pillow for her couch instead of a scarf, good news is I have everything I need on hand so no $$$ out of pocket.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

welcome back granger
    -my I had a great day today hubby and I drove to Toronto to see daughter and Sebastian took them out for brunch -had so much fun seeing Sebastian he loves to run down the hallway in the condo ,my daughter finished her xmas shopping on indigo too granger -she didn't spend much on sebastian either as he has a lot of people buying for him ,we got there at 11.00 a.m and left at 6.00,supper tonight was hot chocolate and one piece of toast each for hubby and I -we were so full from our brunch at noon -lol
    -yippee may have a sale on sunday for my son not me but still its been ages since I sold anything

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bought my mom a nice top and a nice necklace this week while in Niagara Falls. Decided not to sponsor Christmas family this year as I have been really busy with my moms house sale and move the last 3 months so am really far behind on everything. My sil may do Christmas family so I can include stuff I had already purchased maybe if not will hold on till next year. Have to get serious with lists and shopping soon!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Grabbed 2 stocking stuffers for DS on my travels between hockey games on the weekend. Uno cards and some wooden puzzle thing. No prices marked so figured they were $1 each. Rang in at $4 each. Manager gave them to me for $1 each
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bought a box of skittles/starburst for the boys stockings after Halloween. Figured it was cheaper and get more then buying the bags each I normally do.

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information