User Tag List

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend I will get all caught up on Sunday afternoon. Sheets are washed so I will make the beds when we get to the cottage with a little help from my young men. @Frugalbigmama have fun yard saling
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks!! Have a safe trip to the cottage
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oh had a productive lunch hour. Went to Foodland and bought 2 x $25 Mark's GC's - Received 70 Airmiles (35 each) Will take GC to Mark's with spend $50 save $10 coupon and replace my tank tops that are years old and on sale for $12 for 2 I think it is (like half price!!) Will get every colour and 2 black and 2 white )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Then went to RCSS- Bought $60 In PC Gift Cards and redeemed $60 in PC pts to pay for them. Then checked out and bought $44 in Boneless Skinless Chicken (on for $3.99LB) 2 x dozen eggs $1.99 each less $1 coupon wub 2, 6 YOP drinks (on for .67 and received 200 PC pts each- treat for DS's lunch for the end of the year), Kook aid jammers $1.77 (500 PC Pts) 4 pk rainbow peppers $2.00, Watermelon $2.97, Sweet onion .51 cents, tomatoes $1.16, Bananas, 2 English Cucumbers $1.34 (.67 each plus 800 Pc pts!). Receive 8700 PC pts (had spend $30 receive 3000pts) Redeemed the PC gift cards. Paid $2.29 on my PC MC

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Can't wait to get home and make dinner! Love when I have tons of fresh veggies to create with. Also have mushrooms in fridge that need to be used up. Thinking a creamy pasta with veggies and chicken.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Had ultrasound. Tech said baby is measuring consistently for 32 weeks (which I am) I won't get formal results until my next apt. This appeases my mind until then bc they would have had to let me know if there was anything concerning ASAP.

I checked my records for the other two. I measured 2 cm less for first and 1 cm less for second when compared to gestational weeks. Right now I am measuring 4 cm less, but I have been operating at full tilt, probably have a roomy uterus thanks to #2 and teach gym 3 times a week which I wasn't doing before (someone else taught my gym the last two pregnancies) and I do the stretches and core building activities with the classes.
    Last edited by Granger; Fri, Jun 5th, 2015 at 05:49 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Granger, glad things are going well!

Just got the eggs boiled for a frugal supper of egg salad on buns, with leftover soup.

Looking forward to husband coming home - and to turn back into 'himself' since the weekend is coming! The dude works so very hard all week!

Have a great evening, everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Had ultrasound. Tech said baby is measuring consistently for 32 weeks (which I am) I won't get formal results until my next apt. This appeases my mind until then bc they would have had to let me know if there was anything concerning ASAP.

I checked my records for the other two. I measured 2 cm less for first and 1 cm less for second when compared to gestational weeks. Right now I am measuring 4 cm less, but I have been operating at full tilt, probably have a roomy uterus thanks to #2 and teach gym 3 times a week which I wasn't doing before (someone else taught my gym the last two pregnancies) and I do the stretches and core building activities with the classes.
    Roomy Uterus.....best thing I've heard all day.
    So glad things are going well!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

Still dealing with this cold. Sseems to have gone from bad to worse since it's now in my ears - nothing like waking up to a dizzy spell while lying down. Good thing I had Quincy cat screaming in my ears to remind me that since I was awake I could get out of bed and give him some treats (the wide one is now on a diet). Today was to have been all about drinking lots of fluids, sleeping & trying to undo whatever damage I did to the laptop when I clicked something earlier & messed up my settings. Except, I keep falling asleep. While sitting up. Clearly my body is telling me to sleep it off, but sheesh.

Finished downloading all 1250 pictures from the camera (well, only 1248 were from the vacation, the other 2 were pics of the brats in case I got lonely ), but haven't gone through them yet. We'll see if I stay awake long enough to sort through at least the first dozen.

Hope all is well with everyone. Off to feed the troops and have a bite while I'm still awake.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

granger glad that things are going great
    -have a nice weekend nancy
    -well got lots done today -cut lawn ,washed floor ,cleaned bathrooms -daughter called and I talked to her as she was getting lunch out -cant wait to see her/ and her hubby on sat around 3.30
    -made spaghetti for supper with meat balls-pretty frugal

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I have had a fantastic shopping week, my deal yesterday was skin on boneless chicken breast for 1.99 a pound, I am loving Independents unadvertised specials.They were small packages about a pound a half each average price was about 3.10 a pack. I had 4.00 chicken coupons from the Uncle Bens tubs, they do say one per transaction so I asked if they would like me to go through multiple times and they were fine putting all three packs through at once. I also had a PC offer for 3500 points for every 35.00 spent on fresh meat and .20 on every dollar on fresh pork, so picked up 3 pork tenderloins and a package of sirloin steak.Before coupons it came to 37.00, after coupons 25.00 and I got 7.20 back in PC points.Not bad, $17.80 for 6 chicken breasts, 3 tenderloins and 2 large steaks.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Fri, Jun 5th, 2015 at 10:30 PM. Reason: math!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Where did the week go? I do not know why but this week seemed more insane than normal, maybe it is because some of my customer seem to have become very demanding and I spent most of the week spinning in circles. We have taken on some new specialty customers which I will be handling their accounts which is fine but I guess some details on what they want and expect were not passed on to me. I spent quite a bit of time trying to get them exactly what information they want.

This upcoming week might be just as insane it is our monthly managers meeting on Wednesday, I have two presentations one of which we changed the topic of this week. So a lot to get done so I am prepared and ready to go. As well we are now going to have a meeting about our new specialty customers after the manager's meeting, this could get interesting just because there is so much going on.

Not much got done at home this week and not feeling well (a problem I had in the past has come up again, nothing serious but work through it takes some patients). We did grocery shop last night since Mom is working all weekend. We came in under budget but there are a few things we did not get. We went to 3 different stores and not one had vanilla yogurt so will try to pick this up later in the week, as well we did not get cheese so I think I will use whatever is remaining in our budget to stock up. Cheese never goes to waste in our house so if we have the money left in the budget I figure we might as well stock up.

Not sure what all will get done today but so far I have emptied the dishwasher and reloaded it. I know there is so much to get done at home but I have these presentations this week as well so will have to see what I can get done.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! Hope everyone has a great Caturday!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Still have the dizzy brain syndrome here, can't do much of anything but drink lots of fluids and sleep off this darn cold. Blech. I hate being sick!

Poor Lily dog misses having someone to play with and Quincy cat is a wee bit too heavy to pick up in my dilapitated state. Hoping today is not another day of nodding off in the middle of reading or writing on the computer. Took me 2 hours to type a note on here yesterday cause I kept falling asleep.

Off to take another nap with the brats...if I can make it to the sunny spot.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Aw Andit poor you, although sleep does make the healing process faster I think. Before you know it you'll be dashing around with the brats again. I have decided to use Gail Vaz Oxlades budget binder once again ( just made up a small one to track the receipts on a weekly basis, and really define spends by categories ) With increases hitting us from every direction I wanna make sure we are saving as much as we can, how else will I afford that boob job?? ha ha ha KIDDING!!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information