User Tag List

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I agree, less is more! I am hoping to sell and move to the country soon so I am purging away! I am not paying to move crap. Had a $20 sale this morning! Jeans my teen was not wearing. Out they go!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @sweet sparrow, Check the expiry date on that PCPlus offer, my 3 offers all expire Sept 10th which gives me a chance to find some on sale next week, that is IF I really want those Cheerios here ( DH seems interested ). I had just gotten back from WM when i logged in and saw mine, no way I wanted to waste gas to drive to the not so convenient RCSS. Fingers crossed for us both!
    I second guessed myself last night and thought about going today if I had to take the bus anyways. I think I remember from the PC chain coupon policy that they don't PM multi-buys. I'm sure it'll be rejected at the cash. Besides that, I'm fairly positive that the shelf will be cleared when I get there if they do allow it.

I have to return a few items anyways and thought I'd do a return for something that I saw for significantly less this week. But, in a rush on Monday, I grabbed the wrong receipt and they processed it. Now I have the product I don't want with the wrong receipt. Hmm.... These things only seem to happen to me. Well, I suppose that solves my dilemma.
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 5 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I second guessed myself last night and thought about going today if I had to take the bus anyways. I think I remember from the PC chain coupon policy that they don't PM multi-buys. I'm sure it'll be rejected at the cash. Besides that, I'm fairly positive that the shelf will be cleared when I get there if they do allow it.

I have to return a few items anyways and thought I'd do a return for something that I saw for significantly less this week. But, in a rush on Monday, I grabbed the wrong receipt and they processed it. Now I have the product I don't want with the wrong receipt. Hmm.... These things only seem to happen to me. Well, I suppose that solves my dilemma.
    you are right! RCSS does NOT honour Multi buys, so I have no idea how the other members PM'd it from WM?? Yes I admit I drove there and got rejected!! WHY did I get sucked into going?? Oh yeah.....FREE stuff!! ha ha
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think it depends on the RCSS, I know locally we have 2 and for awhile even though their policy said they did not price multi buys as long as you bought in that quantity they would honour it, but that has now stopped.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    you are right! RCSS does NOT honour Multi buys, so I have no idea how the other members PM'd it from WM?? Yes I admit I drove there and got rejected!! WHY did I get sucked into going?? Oh yeah.....FREE stuff!! ha ha
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I think it depends on the RCSS, I know locally we have 2 and for awhile even though their policy said they did not price multi buys as long as you bought in that quantity they would honour it, but that has now stopped.
    Maybe it's the cashiers? My nearest one stopped PMing with regional flyers and said they would only do local, large-chain stores because someone PMed US flyers and ruined it for everyone. That same person must have been to WM because I got asked location for each store I PMed, and it had to be only Ontario. My RCSS seems to be allowing the PMing flyers from the neighbouring city again, but I've been hiding from any cashiers that look stressed or cranky.

@Granger: I visited The Shoe Company and found some shoes for LO at 50% off. Thank you! Unfortunately, they're all boys shoes and there was nothing in girls'. I'm hoping she's still too young to notice the difference.

For parents, what kind of shoes do you get for your toddlers? Is it worth it to get the slightly pricier brand names, or will the ones at WM that are more trendy with toddlers, like the Disney Frozen or Cars shoes do? I've heard that you should always get good shoes, but toddlers grow out of shoes so quickly, and some believe that if you have a sturdy sole with good support, it's fine. The pricier brand names are lighter, have more flexible soles, and look a bit like the adult versions.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@sweet sparrow

My mom bought DD1 named brand "Brooks" for indoor shoes that fell apart in 3 months. We were shocked knowing they were $50 shoes (she didn't pay that!) She also bought Reeboks which were outdoor shoes and they went through my 2 daughters and I just gave them to my niece!

I think it depends on the shoe. Toddlers are hard on clothes...etc. sometimes it is worth the cost, sometimes not. Reebok has never let me down, but the Brooks looked like better constructed runners to me. We have had Walmart brands last longer than those.

We try to buy name brand at Walmart prices. 😀
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

Critters and I are really really enjoying the heat (the brats lie in the sun until they pant so hard they can't nap, then they lie on the cool hallway floor for 2 minutes, then they go back to the sunshine to bake). I think we're the only ones who don't have the AC on.

Had some babysitting duties that have kept me busy this week (critters are lonely cause their humans are trying to cram in as much summer as they can now that the heat is here).

Can't seem to find motivation to do things around here. I think Lily dog is sending me subliminal messages while I sleep about the importance of playtime.

Speaking of which, a certain someone is squeaking her toy at me. Better go play.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, just dropping by, unsure of what to do next around here, if anything.. I made a small batch of 4 soaps earlier which turned out too cute...3 layers, with a light yellow one in the middle of two soft green..the yellow one is clear with some poppyseeds in it for a little scrubbing action.....Hubby's very impressed, lol, if only he knew how easy they are to make..my next job will be full-scale cold press soap making. Now that's where more serious fun begins!! I used one of the oils I brought back from Egypt...yummy!

And how about you all? Keeping extremely busy as usual, I'm guessing!
    Andi, Jenny's been so patient with me today up until now, so I think it's time to head outside with her for a little fresh air...

Enjoy the day, everyone!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweet sparrow -my daughter-in-law got a pair of nike shoes from a mom to mom group for 10.00-never worn
    and ashlyn's aunt bought her tom's shoes-I hate the sandals my daughter-in-law has with inbetween the toes not good for a toddler I think -ashlyn has chubby feet so its hard to fit her -at the wedding my daughter-in-law had elastic pink walmart slipper type shoe on ashlyn and thery were cutting her little circulation off -so I told son to get her sandals with the Velcro so she would be comfy

-not feeling up to par still so had rice for supper and a banana
    -hopefully I feel better on Thursday have to get a few items

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, YOU AND ME, so sorry to hear about your headache and stomach issues! Hope you get some answers and relief from your doctor's appointment.
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I have taken the role of playing with, feeding and letting dogs in and out. They have an older medium sized dog (female), a maybe 4 year-old sucky snuggler (female who is in heat) and a very active "play-with-me, play-with- me" puppy (male) who likes to "spy on the neighbours" as andit would say.
    Although the male is fixed, he is very interested to get his nose and other parts of his body in the private parts of the younger girlie dog.

I am a sucker for giving treats and of course, they have me all figured out.

They have a fenced yard so I don't have to take them for walks. I am missing my puppy walks but we were saying today that in the "Mile-High City" the sun is so much stronger, you have to be careful about sunburn even in the winter when it reflects off the snow.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I am feeling guilty a bit as I am actually shopping for myself. I found a very nice long jersey skirt and a top to go with it at TJ MAXX today. I also found a very nice "target" dress. No, not one from Target, but one into which I am hoping to fit by the time we go on our cruise in November. It almost fits but is still tight. It is marked size 14 but I am pretty sure it's more like a 16. I think that's why it was still on the clearance rack. It might have been seniors ' day as I was surprised at how little I paid. -$35 for it all. (US, of course.)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I am feeling guilty a bit as I am actually shopping for myself. I found a very nice long jersey skirt and a top to go with it at TJ MAXX today. I also found a very nice "target" dress. No, not one from Target, but one into which I am hoping to fit by the time we go on our cruise in November. It almost fits but is still tight. It is marked size 14 but I am pretty sure it's more like a 16. I think that's why it was still on the clearance rack. It might have been seniors ' day as I was surprised at how little I paid. -$35 for it all. (US, of course.)
    Guilty??!~! Oh, Honey. We haven't shopped together enough. I thought that by shopping together you may have picked up a few pointers about shopping for yourself. Evidently I have more work here.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Morning all

Well no car yet but still looking.today i'm off to see the Dr.i'v had a headache going on 5 days doesn't seem to want to let up and my stomach has been aching
    Hoping things get better for you soon!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Lynn49 have fun camping, you're becoming a pro - have fun
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information