User Tag List

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Hey Granger thanks for thinking of me!! I have been reading the thread weekly but haven't been posting much. My health is great right now but our family went through a rough patch at the end of last year, our daughter was at a club with friends and she was slipped a roofie and lets just say the out come was a nightmare for her. It has been a long haul for all of us. I just kind of started spending more time with my family and gave up posting for a bit, my head just wasn't in it.
    I still enjoy reading everyone's posts and cheer you all on when you have frugal victories!!
    I sincerely hope Crochetlady is ok, things really came on suddenly with her health, I hope she is mending and back soon.
    I guess my biggest news is that we have gutted our 23 year old home and are slaving away, we decided to put our sweat equity into it, I have ripped out 2800 square feet of carpet and all the staples myself and so far have about 1200 square feet of painting done and the flooring arrives on Wednesday and my son in law and I are laying it. It has been tough work but I have really enjoyed it, I think it has helped me focus on something good and positive to get through a rough time.
    How very tragic I hope she and the family are getting all the help you need.

Very exciting about the house and all your handy work.

Take care
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well hubby's lower back is killing him -I guess all the shovelling sat/sun out front -he does have degenerating discs -so he is lying around before he goes back out for his afternoon run -I guess we cant do as much when in later 50"s than years ago
    -so happy just sold my popcorn maker on kijiji-used twice sold for 20.00
    -I had 200.00 cash saved up but we needed our front railings soldered and fixed up so my 200.00 went on that
    -so starting over 20.00 into my "summer fund"

-thrifty granny -sorry to hear about your daughter -what others do is insane
    -glad you are keeping busy with renos with son-in-law

-cath why is your aunts making you get rid of coupons and samples ???

geez back pain, poor guy, hope he feels better soon, has he tried putting cold compresses or heat? might help

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Day report:
    I am tired of my depression and my anxiety.I have amazing aunt who cleaned my appart (living room,kitchen) but I feel I lost control of my life and they have sort of control of ly life .Ii hated that they trow away samples and 7 Kellogs FPC no max value,ensure.,glucerna ,and all my things I could not find.Inspection is just for the living room so we are at least fine with that.I try to do cleaning at my lent but it is not enough for hers,they want to recome. I have difficulty to stuck my ground with hers because I appreciate their generous help.

Any thoughts on that???And I have too much couponning stock apparently...............
    Cath hang in there, if your aunt(s) are willing let them do the purging, it sounds like you may have some attachements to items that are not needed and it's best to let others decide and sort through the process Do not be angry with them as they have your best intentions in mind.

Next time you have a doctors appointment please discuss the purging, your aunts and your feelings, I'm sure the doctor might suggest some specific counselling for these issues & feelings.

hugs & take care.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Cath hang in there, if your aunt(s) are willing let them do the purging, it sounds like you may have some attachements to items that are not needed and it's best to let others decide and sort through the process Do not be angry with them as they have your best intentions in mind.

Next time you have a doctors appointment please discuss the purging, your aunts and your feelings, I'm sure the doctor might suggest some specific counselling for these issues & feelings.

hugs & take care.

Thank you for the different point of view with the situation,it is so appreciated
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, found my coupon folder. gathering all the coupons I have in various areas.
    being ruthless with my bedroom cleaning.

made lemon tarts for my youngests birthday today. sheis not a cake kinda girl.

really focusing on the frugal right now.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finished my reports that I needed done today already woohoo. I see that some up coming flyers are posted so I should check them out and hope their aren't any good sales I need. Trying not to spend!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama -have you obtained the Attractions Ontario coupon booklet? You might find a couple of offers for your summer fun days.
    @coupongirl & @cath007 -some apartment buildings may have a requirement that units get inspected annually or semi-annually to ensure tenants are adhering to building and fire codes. Cath's aunts are likely getting her unit ready so that her unit passes inspection while cath007 is dealing with her health. But @cath007 made a good point-she is having a hard time maintaining boundaries with her relations who are seeing things from their points of view. @jasperandchar offered a possible way to deal with the matter.

Had a focus group last night and was paid-spent most of it. Got an insulated soft-sided cooler today so beverages and freezer packs can go on car trips and stay cold. Bought some food, drinks and the 5% off Cdn stamps at Rexall. Will heat the frozen Jamie Oliver creamy scalloped potatoes for supper today.

How long does Sobeys take to put Air Miles on one's account? I went into my account and noticed bonus miles may take up to 120 days to post and up to 60 days for base miles to post.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

Hi all! Great to hear all the ways everyone is trying to live more frugal!

I'm planning a BIG garage sale for next month - we had a house fire in 2012 and got wed in 2014, so we have BOXES of great stuff we haven't even touched in 4yrs and was bought some new things for our wedding. Trying to DH on board - he's a bit of a procrastinator - it's the old "you don't have to nag me every SIX months to do something" lol.

My wildflowers are growing great! I planted them two weeks ago and there's a ton of little green flowers popping up. I used the free seeds from Honey Nut Cheerios - hope the bees like them!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Bilan of the day 2 of cleaning and purging stuff:
    Today went smootly.I did 3 bags of stuff.Now it is really the 2 bedrooms that need cleaning and purging.My aunts will recome when I will tell them.Still of my stuff missing but oh well.

Wishing everyone a great evening and night.See you tomorrow
    Ciel, coupon girl, cally and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Bilan of the day 2 of cleaning and purging stuff: Today went smootly.I did 3 bags of stuff.Now it is really the 2 bedrooms that need cleaning and purging.My aunts will recome when I will tell them.Still of my stuff missing but oh well. Wishing everyone a great evening and night.See you tomorrow

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've been making bran muffins in a mug. Hot fresh and no waste because I eat the only one I made! Boys aren't as fond of bran muffins N I don't eat 12 in 2 days.

My new glasses arrived yesterday from my eye exam on the 24th. So glad I decided to get my eyes checked. It turned out that as wellas having had them checked in 2015 (didn't trust the tech so didn't get them filled. I had had a prescription between that time e and my old pair I forgot to order glasses in 2011 for Soooo my glasses were 7 years old.

Almost did a trip to Calgary last night...still debating but grandma had surgery today finally and...appears to be pulling through. I admit I'm scared I'm going to loose her and the last time I saw her was at Christmas 2014.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by angel_2011 View Post
    Just popping in to say HI!! and to let you all know that SC now has a Facebook coupon group.

https://web.facebook.com/groups/222446778104327

Canadian Couponers and Coupon Trading in Canada by SmartCanucks (when you send a join request, please PM me with your Facebook name so I can add you)
    I think I managed to message you!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    How very tragic I hope she and the family are getting all the help you need.

Very exciting about the house and all your handy work.

Take care
    Thank you for the kind words and well wishes, she is an amazing girl and moving forward, still some bad days and really bad nightmares but I am proud of her strength.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    How long does Sobeys take to put Air Miles on one's account? I went into my account and noticed bonus miles may take up to 120 days to post and up to 60 days for base miles to post.
    @Ciel : Are the points on the receipt?

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    They put in garbage at least 10 bags of things apparently papers and coupons....yikes
    @cath007 : That sounds like a lot of hard work and you must see a big difference. Your aunt must love and care for you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Thank you for the kind words and well wishes, she is an amazing girl and moving forward, still some bad days and really bad nightmares but I am proud of her strength.
    @thriftygranny : I didn't realize what you were talking about when you first posted. Goodness, I hope she is okay! What an awful thing to happen.

In other news, my mother had her surgery Monday morning and she is home recovering. She said it's difficult to go back to normal bodily functions, but is feeling okay.
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and happy hump day! Cool day here today but that is ok with me since I'm at work And hoping it will mean Saturday will be a nice day.
    Have a porch pick up today for $1 lol (books I found on side of road for free )
    Dinner tonight is leftovers. Chicken, potatoes, salad etc.
    Will run the dishwasher tonight when we get home from DS's game. And then put away in the morning since I will be up extra early to drop DS off at school for a school trip.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information