User Tag List

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1943Likes

Thread: August 2016 Frugal Chatter thread - ALL WELCOME!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I think I was late planting my zucchini. Lots of flowers and the one plant is huge but no zucchini yet. . I have had about 10 tomatoes and I expect this week I will be hit with lots ripening at the same time. I am disappointed with the peppers. Lots of flowers but so far only three peppers. Last year I had I plant and it gave me at least 10 peppers. I guess I need to be patient.
    It was the 1st year with the garden so it's a learning experience.
    The kale is doing well so I am going to make some kale chips as a snack as I am not a fan of raw kale.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    We lost power this morning, so we got ready and just as we were heading out the door the power came back on but we decided to still head out. Needed to go to Wal-Mart to grab a few items. I have been wearing my flats a lot as I am living in dresses with this heat so I needed insoles as wearing flats everyday is killing my feet.

Now we are back home, got the dishwasher emptied and reloaded. Was hoping to get some cooking done but things are starting to heat up here so do not want to turn the oven on and it is a little late to start the crock pots.

Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to RCSS to pick up a few things for dinner/week. Think I did well! I spent $17.97!!

And bought corn on the cob ( for dinner to go with ribs and fries and salad), LB of butter, red grapes, 18 pk of eggs, fresh tomato ( to make BLTs for lunch tomorrow), 2 x 6pk bagels, blue berry waffles ( had a craving lol) bananas and a 3L basket of nice new potatoes. ( will be great on BBQ, ). Happy with my shop. I really noticed the high prices of things today at RCSS. Good thing I price match.
    Natalka, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

avon sorry to hear about sister-in-law -hope she is on her way to recovery and a wedding down the road
    -sassy our power went out from 1.05 til 2.00 p.m today
    -my arthritis in my knees is killing me so iced them for awhile -just popped out and got fresh luncheon meat,buns and a few fruit and veggies etc at a local store -zarkys-spent 44.00 so not that bad
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I went shopping at the two second hand store in town this morning because I need clothes that actually fit me. I bought 3 pairs of shorts for $3 each, a pink tank top for $1.50, bloomers for baby girl for 50c, a nice hoodie for $3 for our son to grow into, and 6 matching kids bowls for $1.50. When I left the second store my truck wouldn't start. We eventually got it home and Dh is trying to address the issue. There is a short from my tail light being out after the accident. The light also comes back on in the dash a few minutes after the truck it turned off, so both of these things are slowly draining my battery.

I'm upset after calling my brother. He hasn't been keeping in touch and has kept things quiet. My SIL was coughing up blood, so he took her back to the hospital. She was put into a medically induced coma for another 2 weeks. She is now awake and starting to stand. It sounds like they will need to sell their house in Estevan and permanently move near Regina. I'm close to this brother and his family is my only local blood relatives, so I'm upset that his family will be moving away. He has 3 of my nephews. I understand that they are doing what is best for SIL, but I already miss him. The rest of my relatives live in Saskatoon and further. All of dh's relatives live in Alberta.
    After the efforts you made to help his family during SIL's first hospital stay, yes you are right to feel like he could have made the time to keep you updated during this more recent hospital stay. He must be really scared of anything keeping his wife away from home. I hope he will admit to that later when things settle down again. I'm curious how many of his friends came around to help him out with the house, kids and other things.
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Avon, sending healing thoughts your way, my husband had cardiac ablation surgery on Friday and we just got home from Calgary and he is recovering. They can do so much more with the heart these days, I hope she recovers for the big day.
    Angela, i too have an abundance of zucchini, here are two recipes I am going to try out this week!! the zucchini coconut bread looks especially delicious, I am going to sub the coconut oil with melted butter, as I have not jumped on the coconut oil bandwagon and wont' pay the high prices for the latest trendy food!!
    http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/zu...coconut-bread/
    I have made these zucchini crisps before and we love them!!
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ps-recipe.html
    I think you can get fairly generic coconut oil in glass jars (250ml?) at Food Basics for modest prices. I'm down to the last jar in the pantry and can say the coconut oil makes cookie batter dough making so much faster (no pounding of butter with sugars). I made a half batch of cookie dough and since someone at home did not want me to bake in the heat, I've ate the dough as breakfast for two mornings-delicious! No egg in the dough, just lots of banana puree (had a banana I almost lost but needed).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I hadn't heard of using zucchini in muffins. Do you have any recipes that you might be willing to share?
    here is a link i hope it works

http://allrecipes.com/search/results...uffins&sort=re
    Angela273, Ciel and KJH like this.
    http://www.clixsense.com/?3468936

Qriket referral code. ACF353

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner was great. And lots of leftovers for tomorrow. ( even with both boys eating, somedays they never stop eating). Kitchen is clean! Eggs boiled for next few days snacks. Couch time
    Natalka, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DH and I had a yummy dinner of leftovers and a pretty low key day, no groceries even.
    We picked Logan up from my parents yesterday and left the Almost 16 yr old with DHs parents and then they will drop him off at my parents. I think they were all surprised that he asked to stay for a visit. He was going to get each grandparent to teach him some of the family favourite recipes, seriously love this kid. I am also up for parent of the year as Logan was at his BFFS place and there was a bunch of teen boys so he asked me to order pizza for them to be delivered. His BFFS mom is a friend of mine so I did not mind as she really can't afford to feed so many extra mouths. Dominos is a minute away so I picked up to get te pizza much cheaper and every boy offered up a big thanks. So their parents should be proud even if some days we wonder what we are raising.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka unfortunately they will not attempt anything until it's near the very end as they don't think she would survive. She's been like this for about 8months now.
    @avoncallingu and @Angela273 praying for both your sil's

@Angela273 zuchinni bread (loaf) is very good, it's the same concept as banana bread/loaf, I bet the kiddos would love it.

Laundry was hung to dry today.

I made macaroni casserole for lunch and sweet and sour chicken w/ rice for supper.

Need to pull something from the freezer for tomorrow's supper, it's just too dang hot I'm trying not use my oven

We needed to go to the dump today so we went to the re-use it centre, I got

2x old jello molds which we are putting up on the walls at the cottage as décor
    2x white eyelet curtains which are shorter than the other white ones I got a few months back, I think I will put up the new ones until I can hem the others
    2x drinking glasses that match our set
    1x porcelain travel mug
    1 dress for my mom
    2x very large antique wood window frames without the glass 4feet x 3 feet (hoping to use them at the cottage as year by year progress and memories)

Super happy of what I got and the price was right
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny wishing your dh a speedy recovery

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks Ciel, I am the type of person that makes do when I find a recipe. If I happen to see coconut oil at a good price and i know I will use it for more than just one recipe I would consider it!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

Laundry is washed and hanging out to dry. The new curtains have been washed and dry and are now hanging in their new location.

DH is milling wood again on the sawmill for our back door projects. Our back door needs a roof to stop the rain from seeping into the basement. He will also at the same time be constructing a roof (lean to style) over ds1's bedroom to toe the whole look together and which will also keep more sunlight (heat from entering his room). The plan is next year with my income tax $ to build a deck. Dh will mill all the timber for the project so the costs should be minimal with exception being the ballusters and pressure treated boards.

I sold a dresser yesterday so we are $50 richer, really hoping our prescription reimbursements arrive this week as Sunday is my nieces wedding and I'm hoping to have no out of pocket for the hotel accomodations, etc.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well decided to cut half the lawn -only the green that is growing up on the hill around the bird feeder and the front I did not do its all yellow except the side of the house had long gangly weeds -man its hot I am now staying in dishes ,puzzle a bit of cleaning
    -on Tuesday I told hubby's sister I will spend the day with her she is on a disability pension -maybe we can walk to the local pool or just talk in her apt-I really wished to do this on a cool day but we haven't had any and she is so looking forward to seeing me -I have 3 summer tops for her -too short on me and 1 a bit big -she is maybe 15 pounds more than me so I know they will fit her-may take her a container of coffee too as her money only goes so far after rent etc
    -have a great day everyone
    -did more shopping on gap yesterday it was 40% off-and I bought lounge pants and a tank for me -and the same top I got ashlyn for her birthday was 2.00 cheaper -so I will take back the one I bought a week ago -this sure beats leaving the house and shopping -hubby doesn't mind as a lot of my clothing is getting old
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Morning, everyone.

Still a bit numb from shock. Going home later today to get mail and check in with some neighbours & friends. Both bffs have been keeping a close eye on me, making sure I remember to eat (as if the brats would let me forget ). This week will be a bit tough, dealing with paperwork will make things a bit too real.

I've been holding up ok, although the oddest things set me off. The other day, bff took me shopping and a song came on the radio that my Mom loved. Sheesh, only I would cry because of Black Sabbath.

Better get going. Will try to check in more regularly.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information