User Tag List

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My brother contacted me on Monday. They are coming this weekend to pack up their house. He wants us to take care of their 19.5 month old twin boys. We might also have their 6.5yr old son. This way the kids are not under foot at their house while sorting and packing. So, this means we will not be travelling to Saskatoon for Thanks Giving, but that's ok.
    Giseledta, Andit, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Working on something at work that will feel so good once done! Have my vehicle loaded with all the dirty laundry including pillows and bedding. I want it all done and put away tonight so going to the Laundromat afterwork. Then I can start on some much needed cleaning/organizing projects. #1 entrance closet. Sort coats and get winter stuff ready.
    Giseledta, Andit, Natalka and 4 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Does anyone buy the fresh turkey over the frozen? My in-laws buy the frozen ones and we all dread their turkey dinners each year. I think my mom has had success with the frozen ones, but she bastes very often.

I think I could get an 8 lb turkey fresh, or a 13.4 lb turkey frozen. That's quite a difference!

For the QOTD, I think FreshCo and Fortinos are my go to stores, only because they're close and not Walmart!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I was going to get rid of a large puffy jacket that's taking up a lot of room in the hall closet, but am thankful that it's there. A few years ago, it fit LO quite nicely in the Baby Bjorn and we were able to leave the house together to get mail. It's a good pregnancy coat.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Beautiful day to clean up my yard and cut the grass. I have some plants that I will transfer into the ground (hope it is not too late) and read my book from the library book club as the meeting is in less than 2 weeks.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Frugal tip for book lovers:

Not sure if all the libraries do this - in my area the local libraries have a book club going. They supply the books each month and we meet and discuss the book for 1-2 hours and than get a new book. The subjects are varied and a lot of what is pre-chosen I would not have read. I really enjoy the interaction and the fact that is does not cost any money - you just need a library card. They have various times depending on the location and demand. Several of the people that go to my YMCA have joined.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Woohoo! What a productive day at work! Feel so good taking tomorrow off. That never happens!

The sun is shining and it feels like an August summer day. Great day to take my pup to the park to let her stretch her legs. Think it will be a quick dinner the off we go. Have to enjoy the days like this!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I worked bingo at the Legion again last night.

I harvested all of my zucchinis and cucumber yesterday afternoon while it was still raining a bit. I have another 7 medium sized yellow zucchinis and countless baby zucchinis. I have someone coming to buy 26 female zucchini flowers this afternoon for $5. They are supposed to be really good stuffed with cheese, battered, and deep fried. Someone else wants to buy some more zucchinis for another few dollars. I harvested 5 gallons of tomatoes this morning before Dh headed to work. I still have to harvest the tomatoes from two large cherry tomato plants. I also need to harvest all of the Swiss chard, although I'm not sure what to do with it all. Last fall I traded 3 gallons of green tomatoes to a lady at the Farmer's Market. I got 4 dozen perogies and 1 dozen cabbage rolls. She wants all of green tomatoes again this fall, plus a grocery bag of Swiss chard. I'll need to finish harvesting before we figure out how much I will be getting for them, either cash or home made food. I am going to turn a lot of my ripe tomatoes into pasta sauce for the freezer. I'll cook this batch in a big pot of the stove since the kids don't seem to like the roast pasta sauce as much. I do not have a food processor, so I'll finely grate a bunch of the yellow zucchinis, measure them into small ziploc bags to store in gallon buckets in the freezer for later use.

Attachment 320181
    Attachment 320180

I am getting a sealed box of infant Tylenol from a lady, she's giving it away. I'll take the kids shopping with me after we pick our son up from Pre-K. Off to No Frills, pm WM and CO-OP. Then off to Nutter's 20% off day and Sobeys 10% off day.

Both of our boys caught a cold, it is probably just a matter of time before baby girl shows symptoms.
    I have never heard of stuffed zucchini flowers- sounds intriguing!

You are definitely eeking the last produce out of your garden!

Another summer's fare put to good use!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well got my haircut -looks great ,feels great
    when I was gone hubby cut the lilac bush down actually it was more like a tree-now I have branches all over the yard -filled 2 paper bags today -we will take the larger pieces to the dump for free
    -popped in to fortinos on way home from hair cut -used 20.00 in points -ahhh now I only have 10,000 points -ahhhhh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm currently working the concession stand at the bingo. The scheduled person is out sick and the other people were unavailable, so here I am. I think I caught the baby's cold because my nose is starting to rub and my throat was somewhat raw when I got up this morning.

I spent $138.51 at Sobeys yesterday. I stocked up on milk, marble cheese, Philadelphia cream cheese, and a variety of other items. I used $37.99 in coupons, $59.35 in discounts and specials, $6 back in CO51, and earned 127 Air Miles. I bought 2 shrimp rings for the freezer because Dh always brings this to his small work potluck, so I wanted to be prepared this time. I checked with a guy in the meat department because I couldn't find the sale price tag. He checked the flyer and showed me which ones, so I was surprised when I checked my receipt when I got home. It was supposed to be $8.99 each, but I was charged $11.99 each. I called the store and they told me to bring the shrimp rings back with the receipt, which I'll have to do tomorrow. I should be able to SCOP one and get the price adjusted on the other. I thought about checking my receipt before leaving the store, but baby girl had had enough, as it was our third store. I redeemed Air Miles and only paid $1.xx for my monthly prescription.

I did a bunch of grocery shopping yesterday with all three of my young children with me. Today I go to my PCPlus offers to pick 3 offers to carry over to next week and discover a new offer of 4,500 points wub $15 in cheese. I carried over my 600 points wub $3 in Philadelphia cream cheese. Problem is, I just bought Philadelphia cream cheese from Sobeys yesterday. I might still buy more at No Frills because it is 40% off when I spend $15, I'm sure we can use more.

Update on my garden produce.
    I grated all of my baby zucchinis, measured into one cup portions, and frozen them individually. I got 5 cups out of them. I still have a collection of small and medium sized ones on the table. I just sold $2 worth of zucchinis to the legion's bingo organizer. $6 bag of Swiss chard is waiting for a repeat customer to come into town. I did sell the zucchini flowers for $5.
    The lady from the Farmer's Market is trading with me again. I think she is extra happy with the deal this year. She is getting 4+ gallons of green tomatoes, a grocery bag of Swiss chard, a few ripe tomatoes, and a few small zucchinis. She is making fresh perogies tomorrow.
    We'll get 2 dozen cheddar and mozzarella, and 2 dozen cheddar and bacon perogies, and 2 dozen cabbage rolls. She's going to can the green tomatoes.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Oct 5th, 2016 at 08:41 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well, I'm officially sick. I woke up with a sore throat, now I've had a stuff and runny nose since this afternoon. Baby girl and Dh don't have any symptoms yet.

edit: I've been up with baby girl a lot tonight because she can't breathe through her nose very well.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Oct 6th, 2016 at 06:13 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela hope the cold passes through your house quickly.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela hang in there hon -look who this is coming from me who has been sick twice this month
    -baby sabestian has had a cold for a good week and a half -ahhh poor little babies that get colds makes them so fussy as its harder for them

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

For anyone who hasn't already ordered the Stayfree FPC, it is still active this morning.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/418089-...ave-ca-canada/
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Oct 6th, 2016 at 01:14 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! What a beautiful hot sunny day we are having here. Just back home now after a nice long walk along the water with my best friend. Cleaning another washroom and a few other things then shower then meeting her for lunch!
    I have a massage booked this afternoon too. A great day so far!

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information