User Tag List

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Another beautiful day. Called my local Fortinos - they have Ontario strawberries! I love eating them - I can easily go through a package a day. Off I go to get 4 of them, expensive but worth it.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow is it hot here -hung one load -then hubby went over to my son's to work on his garage door opener,i went and took the turkey to their house they bought it and had no where to put it last week-also did a load of laundry for my daughter-in-law
    -gonna break more branches and bag them this afternoon -I am taking breaks here and there thou
    Andit, Natalka, 22hicks and 6 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Went with LO to pick up a turkey yesterday and it's currently dethawing in the refrigerator. I didn't want to pull her out of the stroller since there was a crowd of people pulling out massive frozen turkeys and I was having horrible visions of someone dropping one accidentally. Someone bought a $45 turkey! I couldn't imagine cooking something that massive. That's quite the pan!

Today I will have to find if a certain kind of half-baked white dinner rolls are available at WM as DH's family's special request. Then perhaps out again later to SDM for a late night milk run.
    Andit, 22hicks, Angela273 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

LOLs on the hot sunny days, enjoy them!

We are getting more snow - broke a 100 year old record yesterday for the amount and time of year. Went out last evening into the high winds, snow and slush - but it was to see my oldest sister and BIL who came from AB, had a wonderful visit with them.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow today was ashlyn's 3rd birthday -where did the time go -I just called her and papa and I sang happy birthday to her -thank you she said when I ended -ahhh so sweet

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Go Jays Go!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Wishing everyone a good evening, dh and ds1 are leaving tomorrow am for 10 day moose hunt, so it will be ds2 (easy going) and myself.

I hung my clothes outside this am to hang the clothesline snap, well I can say I said more than snap when it happened. Dh has no time to repair so I will try and jimmy rig something while he is away.

Bell is coming tomorrow to install my free PVR so excited, I'm been calling them once a month for the last 6-8 months and yesterday was my lucky day....FREE.

take care all
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hi all. Just not getting around to SC as much! Le sigh.

Meet and Greet tonight for school. It was so busy we did not get to meet everyone and I had my afternoon teacher helping. Felt bad for those families we missed that took the time. We will send out an email and try to touch base with them.

Sat is Thanksgiving at my MIL's. Mon I am cooking for my Grandpa who lives an hour away from everyone and taking the family for a visit. I will probably do something easy like M&M's GF Chicken so I can just pop the meal in the oven for 40 min while we are there. Low maintenance. He is easy to please and the food is bonus to our visit for him.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a busy and productive day, I might update you all tomorrow.

I saw an error on my grocery receipt on Tuesday. I was charged $11.99 each for two shrimp rings that were on sale for $8.99 at Sobeys. I went back tonight to get it sorted out. The manager has a different understanding of SCOP than me. I thought I would get one shrimp ring free, since it should have been $8.99 - max of $10 SCOP, but she insisted that it was the $11.99 - $10 SCOP = $1.99 for me to pay. Price adjusted the second item, which I agree with. Who is correct in this case?
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela my understanding is you were correct, since the item was $8.99 you should have gotten it for free. $10 only applies when the item is advertised or marked at $10 or higher, then it is $10 off the marked or advertised price. SCOP applies to what the price should be not the incorrect price.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Not a good morning here. Last night my Dad's assistant called me from the hospital her mother is passing, doctors say it will be within a day or two. When I spoke to her including her self 3 children where there and 3 on the way and they were hoping the last 2 would be able to make it before her Mom passes. I have not heard anything else yet, my step mom spoke with her sister last night as well.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Angela my understanding is you were correct, since the item was $8.99 you should have gotten it for free. $10 only applies when the item is advertised or marked at $10 or higher, then it is $10 off the marked or advertised price. SCOP applies to what the price should be not the incorrect price.
    That is what I argued, but she and her employee both argued that I was wrong by this is not the first time that this has happened to me at this Sobeys location, which is one of the three grocery stores in town. The manager keeps telling me that I should be happy getting something so cheap, but I'm not impressed when it should be free. I might call the SCOP phone number about this tomorrow.

"On behalf of Canadian retailers, RCC manages the Scanner Price Accuracy Code. To file a complaint under the Scanner Price Accuracy Code, please contact: 1-866-499-4599. Canadian retailers are committed to accurate scanner pricing. Incorrect prices can result in poor customer relations and legal sanctions.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    That is what I argued, but she and her employee both argued that I was wrong by this is not the first time that this has happened to me at this Sobeys location, which is one of the three grocery stores in town. The manager keeps telling me that I should be happy getting something so cheap, but I'm not impressed when it should be free. I might call the SCOP phone number about this tomorrow.

"On behalf of Canadian retailers, RCC manages the Scanner Price Accuracy Code. To file a complaint under the Scanner Price Accuracy Code, please contact: 1-866-499-4599. Canadian retailers are committed to accurate scanner pricing. Incorrect prices can result in poor customer relations and legal sanctions.
    @Angela273 : You can try contacting the Sobey's head office as well.

I once called the Optimum hotline and they gave me 8,000 points for a purchase that the manager kept telling me SCOP did not apply. (They claimed it was a glitch in the system that wouldn't allow them to change their pricing automatically, but surprise, they can do it at the register! There were also no signs posted.)

Another time it was PC who gave me 10,000 points (overcharged and refused to give me SCOP).

A third time, I didn't call but went through the SCOP line to get a $10 PC GC in the mail. (RCSS claimed that because a box of diapers advertised a "free sample package of 35 wipes" the UPC code didn't match the code on the shelf and SCOP did not apply. Note: there is no mention of UPC codes being required to match the shelf tag).

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Not a good morning here. Last night my Dad's assistant called me from the hospital her mother is passing, doctors say it will be within a day or two. When I spoke to her including her self 3 children where there and 3 on the way and they were hoping the last 2 would be able to make it before her Mom passes. I have not heard anything else yet, my step mom spoke with her sister last night as well.
    That's very sad and sounds so unexpected. I hope the children can make it to see her before she goes.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hi all,

bff thought it would be a good idea for me to have a new pet, so now the brats & I are sharing our lives with Murray. Yes, I know Murray is an odd name for a Siamese fighting fish, but, hey, the first thing I think of when someone mentions Thailand is the following:

Yes, I am that weird.

Thankfully I didn't name the little goldfish who came home as well (at 10 for $2, I couldn't let them become "feeder fish"). Sadly, they are not known for their longevity (one only made it a day, but at least he wasn't gobbled up by someone else while trying to escape - yes, they are livestock, but I'm not a fan of live feeding). The last thing I need right now are critters that die within hours, but at least I know they had a comfortable, less stressful life than they might have been destined. The brats have no clue they are not the only critters here (one hates seafood, the other hates water, so the fish are quite safe from inquisitive noses). It's been a week & there are still 2 hardy goldfish left (one is really cute - orange with a white patch on his nose).

Lots of crazy things going on, long story short I am now involved in condo politics (crazy neighbours must be subdued or things won't get done properly, sigh) and am desperately trying to find a friend a new place to live (got caught in a rental scam, sigh).

Still working my way through nearly 5 decades of memories (have a ways to go) before I can live full-time downtown. On the plus side, I found a few items of clothing I haven't seen in a while, & by some miracle, they actually fit! Now, I just have to make sure there's room in my closet for a new wardrobe.

Better get to bed, too many late nights these days. And a certain roommate has been insisting on early morning adventures. Not to mention Quincy cat & Murray fish insisting on breakfast (I swear the fish is part Labrador - he's starting to swim up to me when I'm holding his kibble container).

Hope everyone enjoyed their day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information