User Tag List

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Smart Canucks does not attack other members

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

Ok so you are saying that my Mom who had hers stolen is at fault.... Well she has never traded points(she isn't even a SC member and does not trade) She has every receipt from the last 10 years from there as that's how long she keeps everything. She never checks her balance online. She didn't even know you could till i told her. PLEASE tell me how this is her fault at all!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kita kat View Post
    so say this wasnt done through computer, and was through receipts. wheres your proof? Like i said before Im a apathetic person, i believe this is the persons fault who have lost their points. and shoppers policy backs it up. it is not shoppers fault nor its websites fault. if you dont like the security at shopper than dont shop there if you dont like its security online do go on the site. I you throw away your receipts, burn them. if you want to trade points, use a different card. tadah problems solved. everyone is making a huge deal out of this and it can always get worse:
    8. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to discontinue online points transferring program at any time

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NuCoupon View Post
    Yes, this person committed Canada-wide identify theft and hacking. Even if they didn't take anything, that is a major computer crime. I hope they can't sleep at night worrying someone is going to knock on their door.

They are too busy wrapping their $1000's of dollars of sdm items to sleep anyways.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Trading Score
    181 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    In Carly's case this is well beyond the loss of points.
    Her name & info was changed!!!

As for your other post saying move on. Easier said then done for those with kids and little money. That was their xmas and even food/med supplies for the next month!
    All my personal info was changed also (name, address, phone #, e-mail)
    IDK, even though I was counting on this $1000 I just don't see a positive out come! The police aren't going to do anything! Clearly those of us who have transfers are out of luck We did after all "break the rules" regardless of anything else.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carrla View Post
    They're that arrogant because they can be.....and when stuff like this happens they can walk away from it knowing they saved themselves some money i.e. MR
    Then it's too bad for them, I won't be collecting their worthless points anymore...so many other loyalty programs out there to pick and choose.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Based on their statement I would take it to mean that they have and continue to investigate and the problem lies with people who "reveal or share their personal information regarding their Shoppers Optimum account online via social network, coupon or other related websites."

I wouldn't be surprised if the site is changed to need passwords before the end of the week (just my guess), but I don't think they would have included the above statement unless they could trace it back to the source of the problem.
    Last edited by KMammy; Wed, Dec 7th, 2011 at 06:21 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    273 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amanda4 View Post
    Ok so you are saying that my Mom who had hers stolen is at fault.... Well she has never traded points(she isn't even a SC member and does not trade) She has every receipt from the last 10 years from there as that's how long she keeps everything. She never checks her balance online. She didn't even know you could till i told her. PLEASE tell me how this is her fault at all!!!!

So sorry to hear your Mom also lost her SDM pts.

What a mess? How could SDM handle our points lose in such a bad way?

Who dare to keep any SDM pts? Any day, you may lose your pts.

BTW, All my personal info was changed also (name, address, phone #, e-mail).
    Last edited by hcao; Wed, Dec 7th, 2011 at 06:27 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got myself so worked up I took a drive & p/u the mail. Looks like I got my first batch of goodies....but's for another place & time.

This is what was going through my head....your account was hacked....YOUR personal information was accessed....it doesn't matter a hoot whether you had your correct bd or address or postal code or whatever.....your personal information was compromised illegally.....and Shopper's isn't going to investigate???

Shopper's SHOULD have immediately upon ANY hint that something was amiss...such as talking to HO to learn your account no longer was in your name...contacted RCMP Cyber Crime dept.

Everyone is aware of what FB is going through right now....this is EXACTLY what it's all about.

I cannot for the life of me believe that they THINK they're dealing w/a bunch of dumb housewives!!!! This sentence best not get any negative feedback because I'm confident everyone here knows exactly what I'm saying.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I also agree that they should either decide people can transfer, or discontinue it altogether. I still can't get over that they promoted transferring and then told Carly that she couldn't - or did too many!
    "Call it magic, call it true/I call it magic when I'm with you" - Coldplay, Magic

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

passwords aren't the answer. they help but if someone wants to hack into an account and knows what they are doing they will do it. people hack into store accounts, bank accounts even the fbi computers were hacked. hacking will always exist in some way. it's their non response to it. you gave out your info so too bad for you. a crime was committed and they need to gather their data and send it to the police. not send messages to people that their sorry but their is nothing they can do.
    Last edited by bonfire; Wed, Dec 7th, 2011 at 06:32 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There was something else too...and I can't grasp at it....it's just at the edge of my thoughts.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Just wondering did anyone ever recieve their points from this?
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/150408-...points-canada/
    as one can see, many people who have lost points in the previous week have posted here, scam or no scam?

If that wasn't over a year old, it might be different. I highly doubt a post from Aug 2010 is responsible for OptimumGate 2011

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NuCoupon View Post
    I just think it's disgusting that such a big company has such a weak security system because most people trust their loyalty cards are safe. I don't collect that many optimum points because I find the prices at Shoppers suck. And I hate when people blame the victim for being robbed. People make mistakes. It doesn't mean they should get robbed. I just hope you never accidentally leave your car door unlocked or your purse behind, etc.
    The only first person accounts we have at this point with responses from Shoppers is from people who DID give out their card numbers. It's entirely possible they are still investigating the cases of people who didn't give them out. Until I hear from Shoppers, who is legally required to notify consumers if a breach in their system comprimised personal information I am going to trust that my information is safe because I haven't given it to anyone else.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Someone here posted SDM HO saying something about all this transfer history back to 08/09??? If I've got this wrong let me know.

So what are we to think?? That they've been monitoring 'certain' accounts that far back and just 'happen' to decide to do something about it after midnight on the day of a MR????

Or are they just coughing that up being caught with their security down so to speak.....and then took a look back??

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Just do your research before going against a stores policy:
    5. Once transferred, the points are added to the recipient’s current points balance, and will appear on the recipient’s Shoppers Drug Mart cash register receipt as “web transaction”. The points subtracted from the issuers balance will appear on the issuer’s Shoppers Drug Mart cash register receipt as “web transaction”. Points can not be returned to the issuer once they have been transferred.
    ==================

Excuse me!! but I did not authorize a transfer of my points on DEC 03 or authorize anyone to change my name on my account!! This is not helping so move along....

Banned
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    If that wasn't over a year old, it might be different. I highly doubt a post from Aug 2010 is responsible for OptimumGate 2011
    yes, but on the last page there were a few people from only a few moths ago asking why they didnt receive the points yet

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information