User Tag List

Page 1332 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 332 832 1232 1282 1322 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1342 1382 1432 1832 ... LastLast
Results 19,966 to 19,980 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Skippy, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

it's quite difficult to watch all the stuff I've pvr'd....I keep dozing off, then must restart only to doze off in a different part of the episode....

anyhow....good day everyone!!
    What beautiful weather. Claudius ( the older of our 2 cats ) has become very demanding. For about 3-4 weeks as DH was getting our front pathway all brimming with flowers in the beds and in pots and baskets ,set up just the way he likes, he allowed Claudius to be out there with him chewing on his cat greens, etc.

I now refuse to indulge him as he howls louder and louder sitting at the front door demanding to be let out. ( the cat, not DH )
    Party is over furball!
    You are an indoor cat....end of story.
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jun 17th, 2020 at 09:03 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@walkonby , your DH has created a little monster! Poor you, having to put up with a cat yelling at you all day!! I hope Claudius gets wise soon, lol!

Nothing on the agenda today, it's my DH's birthday, but we're celebrating it on Saturday at camp. The kids will drop over today, however, for a visit.

Another gorgeous day!!

Enjoy, be careful, stay away from everybody out there! A friend here went to HomeSense, one woman coughed without covering up, another one walked too close to stand behind her in line, she asked her politely to back away, she rolled her eyes, but backed away.
    What don't people understand?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This is a interesting article about the couple that lived in the apartment across from my mother in her retirement home. My mother believes it was one of them that gave her covid-19. I think the daughter deserves a award for what she did.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/...HNg-f5EZoIfh9M
    Skippy, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    This is a interesting article about the couple that lived in the apartment across from my mother in her retirement home. My mother believes it was one of them that gave her covid-19. I think the daughter deserves a award for what she did.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/...HNg-f5EZoIfh9M
    What a brave woman, @Thatdone . To have sacrificed herself for her parents like that, even knowing she could/would get the virus also, was such a noble thing to do.
    My late BFF's and her Hubby's parents were all interred in BC during the war and stories are so sad...his Father lost his boat, hence his lively hood and had to start from scratch, and all her Mother's linens were confiscated also, so she had nothing of her family's possessions.

They all had the same attitude: done and over, moving right along...not holding the present government accountable for what happened. Eventually they were given a monetary amount of money, but certainly not millions, and not holding anyone else today responsible for what happened in the past.

Ukrainians, held in camps during the war have also never asked for compensation as far as I know. The past should stay in the past, no amount of money would change anything that happened.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jun 17th, 2020 at 03:46 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Thatdone what a terribly distraught feeling that must have been, to make that choice and jump into the elder home with both feet to care for her parents. I forget if you posted about your own Mom....did she recover fully herself?
    avoncallingu and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well friends unfortunately I was out of service yesterday and today is better one way but not another! Oh well, it too will pass.
    Whatever you're up to today stay safe and well!
    Blessings to all!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Thatdone what a terribly distraught feeling that must have been, to make that choice and jump into the elder home with both feet to care for her parents. I forget if you posted about your own Mom....did she recover fully herself?
    My mother has had no symptoms for over 2 weeks but still has not tested negative. They tell her this happens with a lot of people and not to worry about it. She is in great spirits and can not wait to come and visit for a while. A while after the daughter of the elderly couple was released she returned to pick up her parents personal items and at the same time placed a plant just outside my mothers door and two other ladies on the floor with a note thanking them for being so kind to her parents

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    My mother has had no symptoms for over 2 weeks but still has not tested negative. They tell her this happens with a lot of people and not to worry about it. She is in great spirits and can not wait to come and visit for a while. A while after the daughter of the elderly couple was released she returned to pick up her parents personal items and at the same time placed a plant just outside my mothers door and two other ladies on the floor with a note thanking them for being so kind to her parents
    Class. You can't buy that.
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good afternoon!

After days and days of horrid pain and no sleep the prior two days - just one hour-long nap - I was up and at 'em at seven.

Yes, I still get homecare nurses - to do my legs and to check on anything else I need. My "formal" heart wellness checkup is once a month.

Yesterday, had a nurse come in the morning, then the Seniors First doctor in the afternoon. I had some issues to discuss with her, we are going to try switch some meds around, plus resume doing regular bloodwork.

My regular nurses come with just a facemask. The Dr had facemask and gown. Good news is no one from our district has had the virus.

My husband is not feeling great, yet he still puts up with me. The first night I didn't sleep he stayed awake with me, mostly calming me and down, frankly...

We are having a rainy week, which I don't mind since I don't have to go out in it!

Take care, all of you!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1591345444328_6674586562527686056.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  114.8 KB

Floof without dog stink would be nice!
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Jun 17th, 2020 at 04:05 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Name:  facebook_1591345444328_6674586562527686056.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  114.8 KB

Floof without dog stink would be nice!
    Oh, noooooo, @Natalka ! Puppy breath!!

One veterinarian was retiring and was asked what he would miss most, " Puppy breath.", he replied.

And dogs don't generally smell bad...none of our digs ever did....Tammy (our late border collie) and Jenny smell like my Mom's fur coats. Apparently they can have hair instead of fur (?), but they always smell lovely. And no, they weren't bathed regularly.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jun 17th, 2020 at 06:27 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A lovely little face but they shed a tremendous amount. I'd never have one of those dogs for that very reason

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    A lovely little face but they shed a tremendous amount. I'd never have one of those dogs for that very reason
    Oh my gosh, yes, totally agree. Even our BC had groomer appointments to do a "line trims" to tidy up her bum area, and a spring clean-up of her winter undercoat.
    But she never smelled bad.

Thread Information