User Tag List

Page 1625 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 625 1125 1525 1575 1615 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1635 1675 1725 ... LastLast
Results 24,361 to 24,375 of 29357
Like Tree118522Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

I'm incensed! Some dame came on TV whining about nurses being mandated to have covid shots because now there will be fewer nurses because so many have died....IF THEY HAD BEEN VACCINATED THEY WOULDN'T HAVE DIED OR KILLED THEIR PATIENTS! Thank heavens a level-headed doctor came on to tell it like it is: they're supposed to help patients, not kill them and if they dont want be vaccinated, they should be kicked out of their jobs! (paraphrasing).
    If they're not the solution, then they're the problem! No wonder so many seniors died!!

Anyway. Have a great day.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Oct 12th, 2021 at 09:15 AM.
    GoJays, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all.
    walkonby and cath007 like this.
    DANGER

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ioanna Roumeliotis, CBC News, just reported that approximately 30% of all new infections in Ontario are breakthrough cases. That's even higher than the current 25% (+/-2%) in Alberta. It just goes to show that inoculation doesn't prevent infection. Even double-inoculated people are infectious and go on to spread it to others.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So, I want to reply to this not in an effort to be combative, but to maybe to share information. First off, I think everyone everywhere should be vaccinated. Having said that, nursing associations have a long history of treating members badly. This is the licensing body, not a nurse's employer. They are saying that licenses will be lost if not vaccinated. The CPSO, The Law Society, Police, etc... aren't saying the same to their members. An employer can mandate what they want, and they have, as have the government, but I'm not sure a licensing body should.

Secondly, it's not a doctor there in the middle of the night when patients go sour--it's a nurse.

I think that most of the hold outs in terms of health care staff are not nurses, they are support staff, such as PSW's, Dietary, Housekeeping etc...

I appreciate your opinion, and I understand your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning!

I'm incensed! Some dame came on TV whining about nurses being mandated to have covid shots because now there will be fewer nurses because so many have died....IF THEY HAD BEEN VACCINATED THEY WOULDN'T HAVE DIED OR KILLED THEIR PATIENTS! Thank heavens a level-headed doctor came on to tell it like it is: they're supposed to help patients, not kill them and if they dont want be vaccinated, they should be kicked out of their jobs! (paraphrasing).
    If they're not the solution, then they're the problem! No wonder so many seniors died!!

Anyway. Have a great day.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Um...never said anything about their licensing body which I could give a hoot about.

However, if one of my parents died in a nursing home because some nurse or orderly or care worker showed up unvaccinated I'd be beyond angry. That goes for hospitals, clinics...either they're there to support the doctors as they attempt to keep the patients from dying or they harm them; those unvaccinated staff chose the latter.

As to your "thinking" it's mostly other care-givers who aren't vaccinated, in Quebec for instance, over 4000 NURSES are presently facing suspensions for not complying.
    Among nurses, 4,338 aren't fully vaccinated, and 2,807 haven't received their first dose, Luc Mathieu, president of the Quebec Order of Nurses, told Radio-Canada's Tout un matin.
    5,176 nurses whose vaccination status is unclear because of administrative issues will be contacted by Wednesday to sort out their status.
    Quebec's College of Physicians already announced it would suspend unvaccinated members' right to practise in person and remotely, until they received both doses.(underlining is mine)
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ence-1.6207301

And in Ontario, Newmarket to be precise, here's what a NURSE said about staff vaccinations:

A Southlake registered nurse, who said she was speaking on behalf of a dozen unvaccinated nurses, called the policy no less than "genocide."

She was responding to the policy issued by the 14 hospitals, employees who are not fully vaccinated who, by Oct., 30 could face termination with cause.
    GENOCIDE!? For whom, themselves or the patients in their care?!

If we don't see eye to eye on this, it's fine, we agree to disagree and no one's mind will be changed by more banter.

I apologize to my friends on this thread here for bringing it up this morning when I was so absolutely horrified by the attitude of some nurses; this conversation should be on another thread elsewhere.

I end it here.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Oct 12th, 2021 at 05:22 PM.
    HermanH likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening!!!
    Wishing you all a good evening and night !!!!
    Lynn49 likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Ioanna Roumeliotis, CBC News, just reported that approximately 30% of all new infections in Ontario are breakthrough cases. That's even higher than the current 25% (+/-2%) in Alberta. It just goes to show that inoculation doesn't prevent infection. Even double-inoculated people are infectious and go on to spread it to others.
    Absolutely, which is what people don't seem to understand! No, it's NOT supersafe to eat in restaurants even double vaxxed! Or squeeze into bars!
    One unvaxxed nurse in there and the whole place could become a cesspool. LOL!!! JK...could be anyone.

Which is what scares me with little kids in class with our without masks even if their parents are double vaxxed, there are no guarantees.

Saturday evening, having just had Thanksgiving dinner with the family, the kids got texts: your son's classmate just got tested positive with covid!
    He told he could guess who it was, a girl who had been sick for a few days!!
    Our GS got tested on Sunday, and tested negative, so he was able to go to class today.

This is just not going to get better soon, that's for sure. We could be vaxxed up the kazoo, but that doesn't mean we're safe...we likely won't get as ill as someone unvaxxed, but still...no guarantees.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ugh...sorry I started this mess this morning, everyone, but I don't think I've been that angry in a very long time.
    I'll stop here, promise.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

On a happier note!!!

walkonby, cath007 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I know you count on me to remind you, @danger_dan ....

walkonby, cath007 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy Hump Day @flemeth .

In the spirit of attempting to move more, I have found a great work out video to follow along with.
    ( note: I do what the toddler does, NOT what Rocky does )
    The downside is wearing a bulky diaper. bwahaha!!!

Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Oct 13th, 2021 at 07:35 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I know you count on me to remind you, @danger_dan ....

yes yes yes!!! thanks @Lynn49 !

Last edited by danger_dan; Wed, Oct 13th, 2021 at 08:09 AM.
    Lynn49, walkonby and cath007 like this.
    DANGER

Thread Information