User Tag List

Page 465 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 365 415 455 463 464 465 466 467 475 515 565 965 1465 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Our Leafs did us proud last night with their 12th consecutive win at home!! Especially satisfying was beating the Habs as my DH just hates them, ( for no particular reason the same way I dislike Crosby's face .....lol ).
    You two just stole my heart!
    Can't stand either, especially not that Crosby fellow.
    Last edited by danger_dan; Mon, Mar 19th, 2018 at 07:18 AM.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning @GoJays . A little later than you're usually here...getting back into the swing of things with the tiny humans heading back to school?

@Lynn49 , why didn't you tell me there was still a foot of snow and ice almost 2 feet think on the lakes up your way?

We spent the Weekend up north with the in-Law's...beautiful weekend, weather cooperated, and we spent both days out one the lake in our "party" area. had a rink to skate on, went snowmobiling, did some ice fishing, stayed warm by our bonfire (yup bonfire on the ice, only ended up melting down about 4 inches); Great weekend!

Back into the regular routine today though...which meant sh!tty morning commute...ah well...
    Just looking forward to the warm up soon...hopefully.

Have a wonderful start to the week everyone!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

dan, those weekend activities sound like so much fun!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone!!

Name:  107973-Short-Scary-Story-Monday.png
Views: 160
Size:  639.1 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  6DC8B035-6C08-4FA6-B1BE-93FEF813AE3F.jpeg
Views: 130
Size:  17.2 KB

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning., folks!

Every morning when I wake up, I have to really think about what day it is.

The phone jangled me awake about 4 minutes before I had set the alarm. Didn't make it to answer it and didn't recognize the number.

Nothing officially planned for the day just getting caught up on things.

Cooked a roast for my Brother B's family to have tonight as they arrived back late from their holiday and their home is still torn apart from refinishing all the floor s on the main level.

We had a roast for supper last night with lots left over for sandwiches or another meal.

Well, I should get on with the day. Have a great one!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    dan, those weekend activities sound like so much fun!
    It was so much fun! @Natalka , How much of the white stuff is still out your way?

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    Name:  107973-Short-Scary-Story-Monday.png
Views: 160
Size:  639.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Name:  6DC8B035-6C08-4FA6-B1BE-93FEF813AE3F.jpeg
Views: 130
Size:  17.2 KB
    @dededi and @Newfiescreech , my sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Nothing officially planned for the day just getting caught up on things.
    @avoncallingu , That's what Monday's are for...catching up and organizing for the week...My Monday mornings at work are always spent catching up on last minute Friday stuff that didn't get done, or was sent to me after I left for the weekend, and then organizing myself for the rest of the week.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

dan, we have some snow, not tons. The last few days we've been just getting a skiff...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!!

@danger_dan, .... there's snow on our lake??! Honey, I don't "do" snow, particularly combined with "lake"... I avoid both this time of year. Okay, yes, I did see the snow and the ice-skating path on it for those people who enjoy that sort of thing...ahem...when we drove through town, but I was also thrilled to see so much snow gone from yards, hills, on that drive! DH has only had his shiny new snowblower out, maybe twice this year...all roadways, driveways, sidewalks clear of that white crap. The big melt will only take minutes this spring!!
    Glad you had a relaxing weekend of unwinding, enjoying good company and breathing in some of that fresh air!!

@avoncallingu, wow, was that a short cruise for your DB and his family...it seems they were gone, then home within a few days. Was it a week-long cruise? From where to where? It sounds like one my DH and I would love to take from Canada, or perhaps NY. 12 more sleeps until you're alone in your apartment?? Remember that friend of ours you met over dinner at our get-together at King's Buffet? He's gotten much worse, his cancer has now moved from his lungs to his liver, and now his throat. I can NOT believe that there isn't a cure for cancer out there, only available to a select "few"!!! I'm sorry for your friend's husband and what they may be going through now; I hope he's able to beat this horrible thing!

All's well here, had the kids for dinner on Saturday and they were just as thrilled to get out of their home under destruction as they were getting a real dinner. With no kitchen and only a few walls up, it's not easy to cook there. The last engineer inspection should be today, so then it's all hands on deck to install the other walls and do the flooring throughout the main floor and rec-room downstairs.

Well...onward through the day!!

Have a wonderful day, everyone, thank you for those good-morning smiles, hope
    this gives you one, too!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Mar 19th, 2018 at 11:05 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah, that, combined with fewer hours this week. I don't have to get up at ridiculous times this week. Yay me!
    And tiny humans!?! LOL! DS is as tall as I am now and he's not officially a teenager yet and I ain't considered short There must be something in the water here...

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Morning @GoJays . A little later than you're usually here...getting back into the swing of things with the tiny humans heading back to school?
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

As I was driving DD into work this morning I heard on the radio that the Police are starting a blitz enforcing the school zone speeds, also targeting the offenders that park in front of the schools, etc. I was so tempted to take my java outside when I came back JUST to sit on a bench and watch the drivers getting scolded and shooed away from the crosswalk areas.
    Pffft! Nothing will change, they will do this for a week or so , then all the parents will return to continually blocking both sides of the street as try to pull out of mine.

Anyhow, other than that it is a lovely day. @Lynn49 got a kick out of that pic you posted wrt my over protective nature as a parent. There is no cure. ha ha
    Oh and thanks @danger_dan for the moral support I have against the Habs and Crosby. ( let me say to any fans of either of them....sorry, it's not personal )

I had such a laugh at John Oliver this morning. While watching his show from last night I think he topped himself....I mean he is well known for standing up for any marginalized group and defending people, causes, lifestyles any way that he can so jmho here he did the same.

He released a book one whole day earlier than VP Mike Pences' family released their children's book ( John Olivers' staff wrote and illustrated a parody of the Pences' book, called A Day In The Life Of The Vice President )

https://qz.com/1232288/john-olivers-...rabbit-as-gay/

In Olivers version the story of Marlon Bundo takes another turn.....lol.
    He meets another male rabbit and falls in love.....oh the horror!

Mike Pences' wife Karen illustrated the children's book and his DD wrote it, so part of me feels bad their efforts are overshadowed by this BUT.......... anyone who has listened to Mike Pence speak ( in the past and even now ) he is a very scary man! If the current man in the W.H. is ever kicked out, THIS guy would be the real nightmare the USA would be forced to deal with.

So on that happy note, everyone enjoy their Monday!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Walks, we're having a school zone blitz here, too, but not just for speed, for people doing u-turns as well.

My physio phoned this morning to check in, she won't come this week since I have a cold still and haven't really gotten anywhere. At least I get to keep this awesome loaner walker for another week. It's been a lifesaver, honestly, to keep me moving. She wants to apply for funding so I can get one to keep.
    She also wants me to do things twice when walking, like if I go to the bathroom, make that walk twice. I don't see doing that, but I'll try walk more as long as my legs and chest can handle it.

Well, I'm going to have an orange and soak up that vit c.
    Have a good afternoon, everyone!
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Mar 19th, 2018 at 04:32 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Went to Service Canada today and changed my address, as did my BrotherR.

Then went shopping fir Laura Secord treats to mail south. I kind of wish they loved no-name brand as much.
    Picked up some groceries. Brother R unfortunately fell in the parking lot as he tried to help out putting a carton if pop in the car. He was trying to hurry as someone was waiting to get past him but that fellow was very nice and certainly would have waited.
    Just going to ferry supper over for Brother B' s family and then home to heat ours up. Brother R is having a rest. He claimed wasn't hurt by the fall, but I think it shook him up. Got to run.

I'm still at the top of my brackets which is amazing since both teams that I picked to playoff in the finals have lost and gone home.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  9897EE8C-13EA-4681-8375-2EEA7B34DA53.jpeg
Views: 133
Size:  49.2 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  F4868B7D-0FF0-4F4C-A76A-3B499E871216.jpeg
Views: 115
Size:  285.6 KB

​WOW !! Thank goodness we can finally say spring is here ..bring on warmer weather and sunny days ..cant wait see snow all gone

Thread Information