User Tag List

Page 490 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 390 440 480 488 489 490 491 492 500 540 590 990 1490 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 29342
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Found a pair of Keds for myself. I've wanted a pair for awhile now but I refuse to pay the $50+ that department stores want for them. I got mine for $29. Still high but manageable. I've been looking for vanilla extract everywhere I go. Occasionally I can find the little bottles, but I'm looking for an industrial sized one. I used to get them from Costco (almost 500ml bottle) but the price tripled in the last couple of years. I will not pay $40 for a bottle. So every Winners I come across, I stop in to see if I can find some. The local store is only mediocre, Lynn. However, I have about 20 others to chose from that are within an hour's drive from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @GoJays...what'd you buy for yourself at Winners? Do you have a pretty big store where you are? Ours is okay, but I never seem to find anything there for myself...mind you, that's why I sew. Styles these days are too silly, or too old, and who wants to wear a sign on their shirts? Or foil printing? Or sequins?! Not moi!! I'm a pretty plain...um...casual dresser.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

For @danger_dan and @Natalka
    A bowl for each of you of chicken noodle soup.
    Natalka, yours has been hanging around for far too long. Time to say enough is enough.
    Dan, I know that feeling well, right at the beginning, it starts in the back of your throat, but it's not quite sore yet.

Feel better both of you. But if I happen to get sick now, you know I'm blaming all y'all

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Dan, hoping that gets better for you very quickly!

I was able to get some sleep, but gave up at 4. Husband woke when he heard me crying and massaged my very hurt leg. So lucky he can get right back to snoring...

Hope you all have a good day!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

up and early and off and running soon, as in errands NOT real running...ha ha .
    Enjoy your day all!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone!

Name:  328305-Hey-You-Have-A-Great-Thursday.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  74.7 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!!
    @GoJays , nice find wrt those Keds! Our Winners is powerfully short on sneaks, but I do find them at The Shoe Company....personally Sketchers seem to be made for me and I usually find a nice selection there. Now if summer would actually arrive!
    @walkonby , I HAD to read your first lines to my DH, because having briefly met you and your DH over lunch, he knows it's something you'd 'say'...that "na na na na na na" part had us both laughing. Two out of three ain't bad. (Thank you, Meatloaf!)
    @Natalka , do you think you have adequate pain management? It's difficult to imagine being in that kind of pain, that brings you to tears, having been discharged from the hospital and physio. I would absolutely question that next time you see anyone. Hope you're feeling better today.
    @danger_dan , finish all that soup Jays lovingly prepared for you, okay? You'll feel better in no time!

EVERYONE else, have a wonderful day!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, Lynn, how I want one of those Russian teacakes!!!

As for pain, I am on two x-strength Tylenol four times a day. Sometimes I sneak in Robax or ibuprofen in between if needed.
    In the hospital at the end, they wanted me on codeine, which I didn't want to do, but after a while they convinced me to try because it would allow me to do more. However, TMI warning!!, I had my first experiences with constipation and they were awful. So the only way to stay on codeine was to also take stool softeners and laxatives too. No thanks.

My home care physio also brought up going on codeine, but I just explained the above.

The only other option is Dilaudid, and my answer to that was a definite no. I was on it for a bit when I was first in the hospital, but things were different then. Milan told me that one day when I was first brought in there, how awful it was to see me in such pain, but then the next day when he went to visit me I was all relaxed and sleepily smiling, and as he put it all "starfished" on the bed - so he knew I was getting good drugs, lol!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Natalka Hope everything goes well for you. My mom was taking codeine. She was in constant pain from her cancer treatments.

Something weird with my airmiles. Metro had a thing to get 50pts when you link your airmiles through your metro app. So I did it and then the next day I had my tablet freeze up so I did a factory reset. So I had to reinstall the metro app and re-add my airmiles card number. This was all still within the promo dates. A couple weeks go by and I had to delete the metro app again and I thought ahh I'm not gonna get my 50 points. Today I check my airmiles account and Metro had credited me 50pts twice.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, Lynn, how I want one of those Russian teacakes!!!

As for pain, I am on two x-strength Tylenol four times a day. Sometimes I sneak in Robax or ibuprofen in between if needed.
    In the hospital at the end, they wanted me on codeine, which I didn't want to do, but after a while they convinced me to try because it would allow me to do more. However, TMI warning!!, I had my first experiences with constipation and they were awful. So the only way to stay on codeine was to also take stool softeners and laxatives too. No thanks.

My home care physio also brought up going on codeine, but I just explained the above.

The only other option is Dilaudid, and my answer to that was a definite no. I was on it for a bit when I was first in the hospital, but things were different then. Milan told me that one day when I was first brought in there, how awful it was to see me in such pain, but then the next day when he went to visit me I was all relaxed and sleepily smiling, and as he put it all "starfished" on the bed - so he knew I was getting good drugs, lol!
    So. When I snapped my tibia in half a few years ago, I can't even discribe the pain I was in, nevermind the hour drive from the campgrounds to the hospital here!! As soon as my DH wheeled me in, they took me right away, took an x-ray (which I don't remember), then gave me something which, as my DD told me since she was there, put me in a "very good mood, pain-free". Not sure what it was, guessing morphine. She brought snacks, movie crap magazines, and we chatted for hours until they had a room for me. I had my surgery the next day. For the next month or so I was on oxycontin (sp?) for pain which I took religiously because the pain was almost unbearable. I then was switched to T3 and I took 2 of them every 4 hours or so to keep that pain at bay. I absolutely know what you mean by the affects of that drug wrt constipation, but I was advised to take a softener, which I did, and I was absolutely fine, no problem. Honestly, Nat, without that kind of pain control for the next 2 surgeries, I don't think I could have made it! Oxy after surgery, T3 later. I had no trouble later when a single T3 would do the job, then later still, an ordinary extra strength Tylenol. All the time, I continued to use the softeners.

Now, 4 surgeries later ( 3 for the break, one for my new knee last November), I'm off everything unless it's been a bad day, in which case I'll take a T3 with a softener.

There's nothing noble about enduring pain when you don't have to, Nat. Without good pain control I wouldn't have moved as much, wouldn't have gone through physio as well as I did, and I'm pretty sure I'd be laid up to this day. My muscles would have atrophied and I'm darn sure I wouldn't be walking up these 4 stairs ONE stair at a time now.

You can get good pain control, you can get good restorative sleep, and you can do more than you think you're capable of doing.

That's just my experience, I'm sure everyone's different, but I'd be bedridden today if I didn't feel well enough to move around in the beginning.

All the best, Nat!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Tucking in for the night....sweet dreams, everyone!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

it was such a sad night....not only did those mean ole Bruins trounce my Leafs 5-1 but my heart throb favourite player ( Kadri ) will now likely get a suspension!! I understand he was only trying to stand up for Marner who got hit....well creamed by Charra and another player, literally they made a sandwich out of him against the boards.

Anyhow....I hope game 2 goes better for us.
    So many games on tonight ( five! ) difficult to keep track of them all.
    It is just about my own bedtime too @Lynn49

Sweet dreams gang!!
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Just checking in and hoping I can get to sleep. VERY early morning tomorrow to get Tootie in for surgery. She's very annoyed with me that I didn't give her her supper before we went to bed. Oh, I hope that she comes through this okay!

Last night we were talking about medical marijuana use for pain. You can eat it -no getting ;"high" and it works. AND it helps you sleep-I'm about ready to talk with my dr. about it. Maybe that might be your answer, Nat.

Hoping that this major blast of icy wintery stuff just fizzles away!

Good night, folks!
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Just checking in and hoping I can get to sleep. VERY early morning tomorrow to get Tootie in for surgery. She's very annoyed with me that I didn't give her her supper before we went to bed. Oh, I hope that she comes through this okay!

Last night we were talking about medical marijuana use for pain. You can eat it -no getting ;"high" and it works. AND it helps you sleep-I'm about ready to talk with my dr. about it. Maybe that might be your answer, Nat.

Hoping that this major blast of icy wintery stuff just fizzles away!

Good night, folks!
    Avoncallingu..hope and pray Tootie surgery goes will tomorrow ..sending you and Tootie my thoughts and prayers sweetie..take good care yourself
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  A21F917B-0363-4A08-A5F7-E3C4D72265C4.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  28.3 KB
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. @danger_dan and @Natalka hope you both are feeling better today. @22hicks I still have you in my thought and prayers my friend hope you are also doing great @avoncallingu sending good vibes for Tootie surgery.Hope all my SC friends are doing great . Have a great Friday all.

Thread Information