User Tag List

Page 541 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 41 441 491 531 539 540 541 542 543 551 591 641 1041 1541 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 29357
Like Tree118522Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good fine morning, everyone!!

Waiting for the rain to make its appearance, DH went golfing for a few holes but came home and mowed the lawns ahead of the storms. Such a grown-up.. I continue to collect gluten-free recipes because I'm feeling so much better since going GF. It's just another adventure along the way....

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

May 24 ,2018 over 40 cm of snow ❄️ And high winds ..nasty old day in Newfoundland

Name:  AE725EE9-4BA7-41F7-B2E5-A943F566EF81.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  279.8 KB

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have my towel .

A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you — daft as a brush, but very very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.
    More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitchhiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost." What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
    Hence a phrase that has passed into hitchhiking slang, as in "Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is." (Sass: know, be aware of, meet, have sex with; hoopy: really together guy; frood: really amazingly together guy.)[3] — Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Last edited by Darth Penguin; Fri, May 25th, 2018 at 12:17 PM.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I am also wearing my sprig of lilac...

The 25th of May is quietly celebrated by the survivors of the People's Revolution, which ended the reign of Lord Winder. They wear a sprig of lilac and gather at the Small Gods Cemetery to honour the Watchmen who fell: Cecil Clapman, Ned Coates, Dai Dickins, John Keel, Horace Nancyball, Billy Wiglet, and (albeit temporarily) Reg Shoe. In the Roundworld (following Terry Pratchett's diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease), Match It For Pratchett has called on fans to wear lilacs on 25 May in support of Terry.[7]
    The slogan of the People's Revolution is "Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love, and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    May 24 ,2018 over 40 cm of snow ❄️ And high winds ..nasty old day in Newfoundland

Oy, that's just crazy! Keep warm!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It was with great difficulty that I clicked on the "Like" button for your post, @Newfiescreech , because there's very little...actually nothing at all to like about that photo!! Is it like that way where you actually are?!! Oh, you poor kid!
    Back to Mexico, I'd be sayin'!! I hope it goes as fast as it came, Screech!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning, everyone!!!!
    @Newfiescreech, are YOU actually having that horrible winter's joke?! Omgoodness, how awful. 30cm of snow in the east, 30C here today. I just can't believe that pile-up of snow!

Not much new here, I might design something to sew (design: take a coupe of patterns, mush them together, cut them up differently...not real designing ) or I might just do nothing much at all.

Enjoy the day, whatever it brings your way!

And I thought OUR weathernetwork.com gals were too addicted to their bandage clothes!
    This is one of Mexico's weather gals...

Yes !!! Lynn we end up with 0ver 40cm and very high winds ..most everything was closed for 24 of May ..we usually get some snow but not like this one ..hey ..its price to pay living on Rock in Newfoundland

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    It was with great difficulty that I clicked on the "Like" button for your post, @Newfiescreech, because there's very little...actually nothing at all to like about that photo!! Is it like that way where you actually are?!! Oh, you poor kid!
    Back to Mexico, I'd be sayin'!! I hope it goes as fast as it came, Screech!
    Lynn ..this picture was taken from my dining room window ..its my garden and our garage in pic ..we end up with more then what was in this picture.. every day its actually disappearing..thank goodness

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oy, that's just crazy! Keep warm!
    Yes !!! Your right Natalka..it is crazy for sure ..main thing every day its gradually disappearing..few more days of rain or sun and most be gone .. hope your feeling well very soon Natalka ..keeping you in my prayers..take good care yourself sweetie.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    way to go, cabbie!

avon, nice to know you are better!

Our lilacs are out - will have to get husband to bring in some big bunches to have in the house

Yesterday, it was the primary nurse who came, so I explained everything to her. Interestingly, she asked what I thought about that previous nurse - apparently others said she was very rushed, too.

So, legs just aren't doing well - the blisters thing. The only good thing is that there is absolutely no sign of infection on either. Nurse will come today to see how they are. You know it's serious when you go from visits once a week, to every two days, then daily...

This morning when husband was putting on my compression stockings, he found a new big blister on the right leg, so on it goes.

Gah, just WAY too much going on - and not in a good way.
    WOW!! Natalka..I’m wondering when my lilacs tree will bloom..everything going be lot longer this spring / summer for it blooms ..it could be late June or early July ..weather is not cooperating here whatsoever..ohhhh guess nothing we can do ..blame this on Mother Nature

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Thanks guys I'm going to keep going on my weight loss and eating better. Trying to do the ddp yoga almost every day.
    Keep up awesome work cabmonk..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Good morning everyone

Summer's here!
    Have a wonderful day, and awesome weekend!

Ohhhhhh danger dan ..sure wish I could say summer was here too ...winter is here again .. staying positive thinking 🤔 that summer just around corner hahaha..have wonderful weekend and Take extra care yourself

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Newfiescreech I hope that's the last snow fall you . Stay warm.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

This is definitely not doing any good for Newfoundland tourism! They must be pulling out their hair!

Darth- I have a little message from a rag in Iowa that I should share with you.

You put a definite smile on my face!

Summer tires on- relaxing before the antique car parade -then off to Michael's and then the cemetery to update DH's graveside. Turns out our friends have headed to TO until Thursday. So will miss seeing them. Pretty tired after the drive.

Beautiful weather here. 31 degrees with a slight breeze.

Have a lovely evening!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yes 26 degres with a small breeze too here in qc.!!!! I will enjoy my sushis with a casal domingo on the balcony!!!!
    avoncallingu and dededi like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Thread Information