User Tag List

Page 802 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 302 702 752 792 800 801 802 803 804 812 852 902 1302 1802 ... LastLast
Results 12,016 to 12,030 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yikes, pady, that's def bad holiday luck.

Supper was passable.
    Bonus, though, was given two desserts - one of my faves, Chapman's orange sorbet. Each is 1/4 cup, so I had no problem having both - they were a tad melted, but good.
    The nurse asked who I kissed in Dietary to get two, lol!

(Mind you, I then had to think where I was - at another hospital, where I had done my rehab last time, I do know the head of dietary from when we were kids.)

Husband came for a visit in the aft, bringing me a clean nightie, green tea, crackers, and mints.
    Hospital gowns for big people are either way too big, way too hot, or can't be found. It's nicer being in my own nighties anyway.

Hope you all have a sweet Saturday night!
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Jan 19th, 2019 at 06:33 PM.
    Lynn49, JadeAngel, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Evening, everyone.....
    @Natalka, 2 desserts! Isn't it funny how simple things like that make us so happy in hospitals? I wonder if you really do have 'pull' down there...I hope she does remember you and does that all the time!!
    @avoncallingu, I wish you could move in tomorrow!!! I think you're going to be so pleased with your apartment, the facilities, the perks and the people there. Now just to purge, pack and get through this winter!!
    @walkonby, can you get to CT and pick up some portable electric heaters to get you all through this cold-spell until that part arrives? Did he suggest how long it would take? Unreal that they don't have at least one of each part in their inventory. I hope you all stay cozy warm tonight.

Good night, everyone, sweet dreams!

Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Jan 19th, 2019 at 08:59 PM.
    Natalka, GoJays and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hi everyone!! Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions about hunkering down in this freezer box of a house...lol! Just kidding, we are actually o.k.which is decent.
    The part came!!! It was placed between the doors sometime around 5 p.m. ( I was asleep, but DS heard someone open the screen door ) A Courier brought it.
    Anyhow, we're thrilled that they can come tomorrow in the afternoon to install it...so the oven stays on I suppose until then. We never bothered to search for the electric micro furnace appliance...the room we think it's in is attached to our garage so it is worse than an icebox in there!
    I've got my warmest pj's on, thick soft socks and my bed is alreday set up with the plush survival blankets!!
    I actually had an electric blanket that I gave away because we just never used it....figures huh?
    Not spending time in the basement though....BRRR. We are so lucky, this could have been much much worse!
    Oh and btw, the reason he had to order this part is because he said our furnace is OLD!
    Bite your tongue mister!! This is NOT an old furnace.
    The original one that came with the house was replaced on a freezing cold day in January after a technician came out about 3 days prior to see why it wasn't working and he RED TAGGED it saying it was unsafe to use anymore.

If anyone has had there furnace red tagged you know the feeling. Helpless is what it is. The kids were young, DH was at work...I panicked! Of course we bought a stupid new furnace through Enbridge the next day.... paying through the nose over time because who the heck had 5 grand laying around for a new furnace? Not us.
    So DON"T call my furnace old o.k.??
    ( Sorry everyone.... I thought I had worked all this anger out years ago, apparently I have not....
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Glad you are ok until tomorrow, @walkonby ! "Enbridge" says it all! Grrrrr!

I'm awake looking at things like over-the-toilet storage thingies. How the hell can they be $130 and up?

Well, it IS time to sleep. Good night ladies, I'm going to leave you now. ( It's a song- not meaning to leave out the men.)
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Hi all, I'm not a regular here but thought I would pop in and see what's doing
    @Natalka - sorry to hear you're back in hospital. The little things really do make a difference, don't they? i admire your positivity. Sending warm thoughts your way.
    @walkonby - What a bummer. Glad your part came and hope the installation goes without a hitch.

It was -35C with windchill here today (Montreal). I ventured out to do the sdm beauty gc promo and gets some avocados and on the way stopped off to get my free popcorn for National Popcorn Day. I thought the stores would be empty but they were quite crowded and the movie theatre had lineups both for the concession stand and just to get in.

I wore 4 layers under my coat (advertised as good for temps up to -25C) and could still feel the wind when it blew. My face started to freeze after 1 1/2 blocks. This is the first winter that the weather is getting to me... sigh. But... I just looked out the window and the freshly fallen snow is beautiful

Stay warm and dry everyone
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    @walkonby I am happy you got the part you need for the furnace and it's getting install today. Hope you all were warm through the night.
    @Natalka hope you are being pampered.and was able to get some sleep last night
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning folks! Hello, @Silk ! Glad you dropped by! You are adventurous to have walked out in that cold yesterday. How did I miss Popcorn Day????

I am about to get my doggie ready to venture out for a 3 minute walk. I hope she gets the message and gets things done that she needs to.

I was awakened coughing at 3:30 and then was up for 2 hours, then my phone rang at 8:00. I begged out of church this morning. I feel badly as it is a baptism and our choir had a lovely anthem prepared but I wouldn't want to start coughing or my voice cracking in the middle of it.

@flemeth , I hope your tooth extraction pain has subsided.

@cabmonk -same for you!

@Natalka - I am sure you are enjoying your visits from your husband and Milan. That's wicked wind chill you have been experiencing out there. But, you could have thrown it back up north instead of sending it our way!😀

@Newfiescreech - this horrible storm has you right in its sites-I hope you are safe and warm and don't have to venture out.

@walkonby - hoping they get there quickly to get that heat back on. Or you'll be shaking icicles off your nose. Where did your doggie sleep?

@Lynn49 - that Jenny is one determined doggie! Good thing she scares all those robbers away when she goes out for a pee! Are you going to watch the ball game? They were all over Drew Brees yesterday- "When will you be retiring? Don't you think you are getting old?" I don't know how they all keep their composure.

Well -I have procrastinated long enough and a heat wave has not happened , so off we go into the wild blue yonder!

Have a blessed Sunday!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Just finished brekkie - cranberry oat muffin from here, supplemented by pb on crackers from my stash, half cup of lukewarm tea.
    I miss real coffee - theirs is like hot water with a brown crayon dipped in it. I did try Sanka, but ewww.

Got a new neighbour late last night - the one who was next to me was a book of an old man, he treated nurses and aides like staff, and when he didn't get what he wanted, he sounded like a petulant child.
    So I thought, yay he will be gone.

Well, the new neighbour is a woman in her 40s, arms tied down, non-verbal, with a warning that she can be aggressive. Nurse told me she's in because she has aspirated food into her lungs, twice. She's quiet now, but shakes the bed when she is agitated. Should be interesting. I shall not be opening the curtain between us.

Hopefully I will get to wash up soon, get my meds and stockings on.
    Milan will be coming later to visit. As well as being wonderful to talk with, he snuggles me, and usually rubs my back - what more could I ask for?
    Oh, and hopefully he will bring food - supper will be crappy tonight, as will tomorrow's, rough when it's two nights in a row like that.

Hope Sunday is good to you all!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

NFL playoff Sunday!!!

GO KANSAS!!!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

What a beautiful sunshiny day it is here!! ( yeah THAT was sarcasm )
    Technically the sun IS out but much like my oven being on in the kitchen and only really keeping that one area of the house warm, the blowing white stuff and bitter temps are winning against the bright ball in the sky.

But on to other happier thoughts!! Like maybe the Patriots getting crushed in tonight's game?? C'mon , even if it is just to keep Lynn49 happy, please do this!!
    Our Leafs do play the Arizona Coyotes tonight as well but meh? It's a toss up really, depends on " which " Leaf team shows up at the arena!

So I know you are all wondering how my weigh in went this morning.... ( yeah more sarcasm )
    Another 5.5 lbs are gone!! It is now a 44.5 lbs total loss now. Not too shabby.
    @Natalka your new room mate sounds kind of scary! keep that curtain between you closed for sure.
    @flemeth , @avoncallingu and @Lynn49 we are waiting so patiently for the gas guy to come and install this new part.
    I am wearing 2 prs . of comfy socks AND my fur-lined Crocs....yes both DH and I each
    have a pair of these seriously fashion conscious Crocs.

Everybody do your best to avoid going outside. It isn't worth it, the roads are in rough shape all over imho.
    Darn it....just realized I gotta drive DD into work later this afternoon...oh well.
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Jan 20th, 2019 at 05:21 PM. Reason: ha ha ! I had put in Avalanch instead of Arizona...they are the same right??

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@GoJays - that gif is So cool!

@walkonby - what's the temp inside your house?
    Glad you can stay warm 'enough' though.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @walkonby - what's the temp inside your house?
    Glad you can stay warm 'enough' though.
    It is 42 F in the room attached to the garage, we have that door closed all the time anyways but if you go near it you swear Linda Blair is behind the door!! ) and it is now 69 on the main floor ( dining room where thermostat is located is next to kitchen where my oven helper is on )
    I have no thermometers in basement where it is way colder than main floor, but as I said for now we are o.k.

hey, I will take this over a power outage any day! At least I can plug something in to warm up. I had the heating pad on my back and legs last night while I watched a bit of tv.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@walkonby - I, too, have fur-lined crocs.

My landlady says she would like to show the apartment next weekend

It will be the 2nd anniversary of my husband's passing, so I just might go to Chatham and visit his gravesite.

So, miles to go before I sleep today.

@Natalka - that poor woman next to you! You would think they would develop a different way for her to eat. I remember ,my mum was a very slow eater. They sent in a male nurse to "help" her and he was shovelling the food in. She finally clunked him with her phone and the was labelled "combative" I pointed out to that same nurse that she seemed to be having some kind of seizure as her arm kept having rippling contractions. "Oh no," says he - when, in fact that's exactly what it was when I checked with our own Dr.
    I hope they speak to her gently and kindly.
    got to go.

My feet are freezing- as the cold air rushes in through my patio door.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Thread Information