User Tag List

Page 902 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 402 802 852 892 900 901 902 903 904 912 952 1002 1402 1902 ... LastLast
Results 13,516 to 13,530 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby , my contract for Cogeco runs out in June, then I am free to go wherever I please

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@GoJays I know what you are talking about the internet and how you have to watch your usage. That was our issue when we were with Rogers and the my DH finally find something that works.

@Lynn49 Glad you got the second mammogram those kind of test hurts like crazy . I hate to take them but have to every year since Breast cancer runs in our family. I am sure there is nothing for you to worry about.

Another cold day here

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

and here we are again! sadly Thursday is not much more exciting than those other 3 days were for me, but today I'll get to sweat at physio again....oh joy!! I may browse a few grocery aisles after that, we only NEED salad, but you know how it goes., everything seems appetizing and on sale!

Keep plugging away you hard workers!! TGIF is very close I hear.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good fine morning to everyone....@ 11:11...how weird to keep seeing that...

Anyway, still some pain related to yesterday's torture, just crossing my fingers the phone doesn't ring, iykwim.

Bright, sunny, and I actually feel as if I could do something productive today!

Enjoy the day, whatever you're doing!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn!

I had typed out a nice long post yesterday, but it disappeared when I got a FB msg. I wasn't pleased, but forgot to come back and try again..

Maybe that was for the best because a very good start to the day ended up with a most terrible afternoon. I won't go into that.

The good news was that I did half-stairs yesterday, with no problem. Started with one, ended up with four, up and down. The PT wants me to do more practice on them before moving to the other side of the staircase, where there are regular sized stairs.

The ward doc had tried to get me hooked up to get cortisone shots, but he got the run-around, with them saying I couldn't get them as an inpatient, I would have to be an outpatient. First of all, that makes no sense because the point of me getting them now is so I can do more. Secondly, it's bs because I had it done last time I was here, and got an appt in a couple days.

My next chance is through the new Dr starting tomorrow. The current Dr said she is a rheumatologist and may do shots herself.

Physio is in an hour, I think just a walk today.

Have a great day, everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just a quick pop-in to say hello. Hello. Doing well with the wifi so far.
    Now my phone data is near its limit. When will this madness end???

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@GoJays , is it horribly much more expensive to get unlimited on either?

We have a grandfathered plan for internet, unlimited but not the fastest speed, but plenty fast enough. We pay $100 for basic cable and internet.

Son just bundled his cell with internet and got unlimited, different carrier. Don't know what he pays, but he was paying lots when he would go over, in his previous plan.

Physio went okay. They are torturing me by making me get up from lower places - she lowered my bed, and took off one of my wheelchair cushions.

I was with a young assistant today, and wasn't doing so well standing up from the lowered bed - it hurt tons in my knees and hamstrings. She had the funky nerve to tell me it was all in my head. Uh, really! I started to explain life to her, but then said I would shut my mouth before I said something nasty.

Anyway, went for a walk, went a fair way there and back with one stop, so that was good.

Son will come after work to bring supper. There is one day in the meal rotation from which I cannot stomach even one of the options. Otherwise, I try to make it work with others that aren't quite wonderful...

A student from the polytechnic is doing a rotation in dietary, so he came to ask some questions about the food, so we had a good discussion. They asked those of us who have been in a while. My biggest point to him was over or undercooked veggies, no salad, and where is the Fab lemon cake which disappeared from our choices?

Lots of time to kill here yet this aft, I will watch a show and do some crosswords.

Hope youse guys are having a more interesting day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  90E1E893-BC4E-4893-9F82-E115F7D2F658.gif
Views: 84
Size:  122.2 KB
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Very tired. Took Tootie for her clip- now she's beautiful again! Had garage sale meeting - did a small grocery shop- picked up Tootie -picked up BrotherR to go get his basket for his walker. The walker-basket guy was not in until after 4. So went to Giant Tiger and picked up some things that I had noticed in the flyer. Back to meet with the walker-basket guy. I also bought some things that I needed.
    Drive through supper. Back to my place. Walked and fed Tootie. Ate cold chicken sandwich that used to be hot. Now relaxing for 1/2 hour before choir practice. Can I go to bed instead????

Tomorrow BrotherR's dr. appointment and then a funeral of a friend's mother.

I need to go to church so I will chat later.

Take care!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

a quick pre-game hello!
    yes @avoncallingu the Leafs are playing " you know who " tonight!! Your step-son's team..... so we'll likely get the TB lightning bolt shoved up our....ahem.
    Anyhow... @GoJays to answer your frantic question ( cute doggy there btw ! ) the madness will end in June.
    What a complete pita for you monitoring all of the family's usage.
    @Natalka !! I would have paid good money to be a fly on the wall when that assistant told you the pain was all in your head?
    Who the heck does that these days?? Pain is unique, we all have varying levels that we can tolerate. What a twit!
    Congrats on the wonderful progress you have made mastering the stairs!!

Bear with me as I brag just a teensy bit. Today at physio I CRUSHED it!! Squats, planks, core work, bla, bla, bla ( the usual ) BUT when my trainer said 10 push ups was the next item on the list....bwahaha!! I did 'em all and did 'em strong and then on round two ( rinse and repeat ) I did 10 more. What a powerful feeling! I have " arms " again!!

Have a fun evening all!!!

Go Leafs Go....I am hopeful
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just a quick good night!

@Natalka , please report the twit or she'll continue to emotionally abuse patients at her pleasure!!
    She's chosen the wrong profession! Bad enough they get rusted out so early!

@walkonby . gawd you're such an athlete! I'm not certain we can continue to be friends if you keep up such nonsense.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Apr 4th, 2019 at 10:19 PM.
    Natalka, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello and good bye! I am so damned tired I can hardly move. Got to get to bed. Congrats to everyone's fine accomplishments of the day!

I'll be more enthusiastic tomorrow. Maybe.

Good night all!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Thread Information