User Tag List

Page 1002 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 2 502 902 952 992 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1012 1052 1102 1502 ... LastLast
Results 15,016 to 15,030 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthTreasures View Post
    I have a Fb account, but deactivated it two months ago and have no real desire to go back to it. For "neutral" things (e.g., information on events at the library, sales and promotions at businesses you like, following artists or podcasts you enjoy, etc) it is great. But the majority of the time, I found I was dealing with posts I wasn't interested in and dealing with subtle invasions of my privacy no matter how high I set my privacy settings. There are also a lot of weird, annoying, junior-highschool-like social politics on FB that often bleed over into real life, especially for women. I just got tired of it. Being off Fb frees up a lot of time and makes it difficult for "frenemies" and nosey people to "creep you" (i.e., keep track of what you're doing, what you "like", what you comment on, where you've been, etc). My feeling is that if people need or want to be in touch or ask me questions, they can call or email me. Funny how few "friends" from the "Friends List" actually keep in touch once you're off social media.

Blessed peace!
    Your welcome, @TrueNorthTreasures ...I hope the info helped.

As for FB, I don't use my real name, my feeling is that if some old acquaintance wants to reach me, they can dang well pick up the phone and call. Or write. If I didn't care enough to want to be in touch with anyone from my past, esp high-schoolers, then they should take the hint. I only keep in touch with friends from camp, Hicks and Avon and of course our SIL. Our DD isn't allowed to be on there, nor post on twitter, and she wouldn't want to anyway.

Have a lovely evening, everyone!!! Sweetest dreams!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

TGIF!!!
    I won a medium slush at the couche tard game app,plus 2 others prizes to claim plus 2 fpcs this month in beverages,with the heat announced today,I am not complaining!!!

My small grocerie I discovered that they have a good selection of cheese much cheaper than in the big groceries,will get some feta and boconcelli cheese!!!

Couche tard game is on for 2 more months and they changed the price ,they are more interesting!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning all you Sexy People!
    How's that for a "hello, howd' you do!?"

I have no allegiances to online forums or sites when it comes to keeping in touch with people.
    I've been on many a forum and site that have just gone to the dumps...this one seems to have lasted a fair bit longer than most.

I too feel just like @TrueNorthTreasures , if someone wants to contact me, they will do so through which ever means they have at their disposal...email, phone call/text, snail mail...carrier pigeon.

I'd miss quite a few SCrs...and I think at least one of you here (in this thread at least) has some way of contacting me...?...maybe...?...

Anywho...TGIF peeps. Here's an image of a banana stripping...'cause it's Friday.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 4 others like this.
    DANGER

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @cath007 and @danger_dan and all my SC friends s
    I am glad it’s Friday my DH will get to sleep in since he has been my rock along with my DDS to help me for the last 5 weeks. My Dr visit went well yesterday he says the ankle is healing like it supposed to. Now I am allowed to walk but I still have to have the air cast 24/7. It was very difficult for me yesterday when I tried to walk so I did used 1 of the crutches for support. I foot was hurting me. Today I will practice a little .
    Have a great day all
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ awww @flemeth you have been such a good patient during all of this forced immobility. I wish you all the best getting back to full on walking!! ((hugs )) Your family truly stepped up to the plate for you, that made all the difference.

Time for me to get myself in gear! @cabmonk you have inspired me to get back to riding my bicycle again. I asked DH to fill the tires up with his compressor thingy, he did that before 7 a.m. and I am STILL sitting here.....lol.

Oh well, I mean I just HAD to work on my jigsaw puzzle for the first hour, otherwise that pretty picture ( scene ) will never get completed. Naturally Hamlet meowed at me the entire time from the open window as I sat out back trying to focus on my puzzle pieces. He is relentless! So I came back in sooner than I wanted.

Hope y'all enjoy the soupy clammy sticky hot weather we are about to have today.

Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's pouuuuringgggg out there... so much rain

Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@GoJays - our minds/humour are so very much alike!

@Lynn49 - I have your email. If you still have mine, feel free to give it to others on here - you know who they are.

Good aft, all!

Busy morning here. Sure would have slept in were it not for a phonecall just before eight - and it was a spammer.

Started chopping up veggies this morning, making pork wontons tonight. I can put them all together, husband will fry them. Yes, fried - we don't do that often, but they are always SO good!

The obit of the cousin of mine who died is in the paper today, she was 67. So interesting to see her photo, there is a marked resemblance to my Mom, as well as one of my aunts (not the woman's mother) - it's in the chin and jawline. Found that so intriguing.

Nice day today, not hot but plenty muggy.

Hope your Friday is fabulous!

Name:  .facebook_1562335565854.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  89.7 KB

Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jul 5th, 2019 at 03:06 PM.
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yesterday, at one point my husband was being goofy, I guess I was asking him too many questions and he would reply in this monotone manner "yes..." - like five times, even before I finished each question.

So I thought I would trick him so I interspersed with the question: "Could I get five kittens?" - there was a distinct pause before he said "Definitely not!"
    Shoot, I thought I had him!!!

Name:  spotted_in_the_wild.png
Views: 103
Size:  567.6 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jul 5th, 2019 at 03:17 PM.
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hey @walkonby I wish I had space for a bike here lol.

tomorrow is my 2nd 5k race in a week. First one on Monday I managed 40 mins. This time I want to try for 38 mins. Monday is a class called sweat rx at the gym. They say it’s open to all fitness levels and like circuit training. I guess I’ll see at noon Monday lol.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, you know very well that saying about great minds @Natalka
    @cabmonk - BEASTMODE!!
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I’m trying thanks lol. My depression still slows me down but doesn’t stop me.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Natalka I’ve actually seen that work in real life lol.
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Thread Information