User Tag List

Page 1173 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 173 673 1073 1123 1163 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1183 1223 1273 1673 ... LastLast
Results 17,581 to 17,595 of 29356
Like Tree118519Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

What's this about Hallmark Channel Boycott? You can't do this to me!

Well, I did a stupid thing - climbed up on the counter to pin a backdrop for some village decorations that I intended to put up. And...getting down, the door of the fridge that I was using to help me down opened, I took a miss-step and ca- chunk- I kind of stumbled off the ladder. I didn't really fall. But my butt, foot and leg are a bit sore.

So, I am watching a Christmas Movie and writing out the Christmas Bulbs for the cast and crew of the church play.

See you later!

Welcome back @22hicks !
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ oy!! @avoncallingu I hope that " almost fall " just ends up giving you a small bruise and nothing more. @22hicks , I remember when you lost Jake , DH and I were beside ourselves for you....we were both so impressed with how many tricks you had taught him when we were out visiting with you a couple years ago.
    He was just so darn young, not fair!!
    We are still blessed to have 15 1/2 year old sweet scrawny blind Rufus with us and he melts our hearts every single day.

So the Mandarin was great!! Our get together to celebrate with the 2 b'day boys filled my heart with such joy. There is nothing like hearing the laughter of your kids and allowing that to soak through deep into every cell. I was so tempted to order a glass of wine, but settled on a double pot of jasmine tea instead.
    DH shocked me by wearing his beautiful dark suit! He looked so handsome.

Time for bed now, that physio workout in the a.m. is NOT going to be easy for me.
    Sweet dreams to all!
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    So, Ladies, will you be participating in the Hallmark channel boycott?
    I have a loophole...we don't have the Hallmark channel here, just tgexW channel showing old hallmark movies.
    @Lynn49 what did the Halllmark Channel do?
    22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Lynn49 what did the Halllmark Channel do?
    The network, owned by Crown Media Holdings Inc., pulled TV commercials featuring brides kissing each other on Thursday, after conservative group One Million Moms complained and called for a boycott of the network. Zola began airing six commercials on the Hallmark Channel on Dec. 2.
    ROMEO, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Exactly, @22hicks ...they buckled under the pressure of the very far right.
    Well, as we don't have the Hallmark channel here and view (mostly) old Hallmark movies on the W channel, I dont have anything to boycott, imho.
    Also, as long as a company bends so quickly to the will of that oganization, boycotting them won't mean a dang thing to them.
    So...on to the W channel.

@avoncallingu , good heavens, woman! You're not 40 anymore! Be careful...what would have happened if your fall was serious? Is your phone nearby? What on earth would you do? You dont have to do it all, you know? Be careful, my Friend.

We spent a few hours at the kids' home...DD and I wrapped and put ribbons and bows on a whack of gifts while the guys watched football. It was fun, but we're tired now, lol....yep, living la Vidal loca! Lol!

Good night, everyone, sweet dreams,
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Dec 15th, 2019 at 10:52 PM.
    22hicks and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, I hope the anti-boycott gets through so that Hallmark gets the idea that this is 2019 not 1919 when "differences" weren't tolerated. I picked an "affirming" church for a reason and was actually waiting for Hallmark to feature a gay or lesbian couple somewhere in the cast. Oh well, I can dream.

Well I have some movies taped and I will watch them but I won't tape any more.

I'm very tired. The Toots has had her final walk. I will go and take myself to bed.

Good night all!
    22hicks and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning peeps!
    Newfiescreech and 22hicks like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@avoncallingu , lol, it looks like you can continue pvr-ving hallmark movies. We don't have the hallmark channel so there was nothing to boycott...I doubt my not taping their old movies on the W channel would have entered into their reversed decision, lol.

Just a dental hygienist appt today, maybe drop into a shop or two, but an easy day.

Enjoy, everyone, stay safe out there.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lol...I just mentioned to my DH after his walk with Jenny that I should knit her a hat; her ears get cold so fast...but perhaps not this crocheted one...or..maybe... I'll look for a baby bonnet for her...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

HOLIDAY EATING TIPS
    1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Holiday spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately.. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. It's rare. You cannot find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat.. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!

3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Holiday party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple, Pumpkin, Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day ?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards. (I disagree..LOVE fruitcake!)

10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Re-read tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner. Remember this motto to live by:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes to all with the exception of the egg nog - I can't stand the stuff ^^

Thread Information