User Tag List

Page 1349 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 349 849 1249 1299 1339 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1359 1399 1449 1849 ... LastLast
Results 20,221 to 20,235 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning my friends. It’s very hot and humid out went to try and walk I made half way up my street and that was it . DH family wanted the entire family to go to the beach today not sure if I am crazy or not but my family decided to not go . I think it’s too soon for us to be socializing on a beach.

What every you all are up to this weekend stay hydrated and safe
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi!

@GoJays , for some reason I was up at 7:20 yesterday....but 9:30 today. I seem to be all over the map. Not like our GS who said to me the other day..."I realize I need routine, so up early again." At home he sets his alarm for 6:30, but still gets up early at camp. Just weird. Lol!

@Natalka , sad to read that you've stepped back, it must be so frustrating!I hope it's temporary....will your dic be making a visit to re-evaluate your condition?

@flemeth , I sure can understand not being able to walk very far in this humidity. I get so winded just talking and playing cards outside at camp. As far as going to the beach, good call....even though things are opening up, I'm not going anywhere, no hairdresser, no mani-pedis, and I'm keeping my distance from those at camp who are going to those places.
    Even though there arent any cases here, my health isn't worth all that.

26 today, 30 tomorrow and I hope those thunderstorms don't prevent us from driving to camp tomorrow. I'm terrified to be on the road in the rain. So...we'll leave Monday!

Enjoy the day, everyone!
    avoncallingu and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh...if anyone buys CANS of diet Coke for camp or whatever, stock up. The US is running out of aluminum, so no diet Nestea already....followed by diet Coke soon. Just fyi...
    avoncallingu and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh...if anyone buys CANS of diet Coke for camp or whatever, stock up. The US is running out of aluminum, so no diet Nestea already....followed by diet Coke soon. Just fyi...
    @Lynn49 I had heard that the sweetener ( cannot remember if it was aspartame or stevia ) they use in certain diet drinks comes from China and THAT is also in short supply as well.
    We've been enjoying Coke Zero here, but not very often. I still try so hard to avoid the soft drinks period.

It's a hot one......yikes. I have to dash out momentarily but when i return I'll be cranking up the A/C a couple more notches....lol.
    avoncallingu likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Lynn49 I had heard that the sweetener ( cannot remember if it was aspartame or stevia ) they use in certain diet drinks comes from China and THAT is also in short supply as well.
    We've been enjoying Coke Zero here, but not very often. I still try so hard to avoid the soft drinks period.

It's a hot one......yikes. I have to dash out momentarily but when i return I'll be cranking up the A/C a couple more notches....lol.
    Yep, I never touch the stuff, wish Hubby didn't drink it. I drink diet Nestea, sweetened with sucralose, much less poisonous than evil aspartame. Gloomy here, but no rain, yet. Still, it's muggy. I set the a/c here to 68, lol....DH puts a sweater on usually.
    Natalka, avoncallingu and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    Another hot and humid day here . I have a few errands to do need some supplies for Thor.

Hopi g everyone have a good Sunday
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Lynn49 there is only one Pop drinker in my house and it’s my younger DD . We are trying for her to cut it out because she would have a Pepsi everyday. My older DD will occasionally have a Canada Dry Ginger Ale.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Lynn49 there is only one Pop drinker in my house and it’s my younger DD . We are trying for her to cut it out because she would have a Pepsi everyday. My older DD will occasionally have a Canada Dry Ginger Ale.
    It's difficult, if its not aspartame, its sugar...pick our poison, I guess...
    DH has a Coke every day.....even worse, aspartame.

Take care out there, @flemeth .
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I can't believe that those protesters feel they're immune to prosecution for defacing public monuments! Those weren't protesters, they're just vandalism opportunists!
    MLK, bless his heart, sure wouldn't appprove!
    No lawyers? It was Sunday, jerks! Gah!!

HELP! ....our campground street has a few people who have decided they'll hold "trailer crawl"! My HH calls it a covid party. What do I do?! Each trailer will serve an an appetizer, of something, then a short stupid (my interpretation) game. Am I being paranoid thinking this isn't a good idea?! I dont want to be "that" person, but they've all been to hairdressers, nail salons, eating out, shopping...and mingling! I've been thankful that we're mostly at the kids' deck, chatting with others at a distance.....what to do?!

We're off to camp if the thunder storms have really stopped. It was amazing this morning! I love rolling thunder!!

Well...off to start packing, including my sewing machine and stuff., groceries, sippin' stuff..

Stay safe, everyone.....!!

And um...your thoughts about the trailer crawl??
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lynn-I would do whatever you feel comfortable with.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Lynn-I would do whatever you feel comfortable with.
    Thank you, @lizzie bargain , but unfortunately it's a case of "a rock and a hard place" decision. If we participate, I'll be skitzy...if I don't...well..it just looks snooty, you know?

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hiding in my walkin closet again under a tornado WARNING. Already had a very scary storm. Got food and some water for me and Tootie. Keep safe, folks.

@Lynn49 - I didn't read your entire post but you have been so very careful - don't reduce your caution for the sake of being thought "snooty ". They won't think that if they know you.

I'm eating a peanut butter sandwich and banana in the safety of my closet.😥
    Natalka, ROMEO and Lynn49 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

HELP! ....our campground street has a few people who have decided they'll hold "trailer crawl"! My HH calls it a covid party. What do I do?! Each trailer will serve an an appetizer, of something, then a short stupid (my interpretation) game. Am I being paranoid thinking this isn't a good idea?! I dont want to be "that" person, but they've all been to hairdressers, nail salons, eating out, shopping...and mingling! I've been thankful that we're mostly at the kids' deck, chatting with others at a distance.....what to do?!

And um...your thoughts about the trailer crawl??
    My vote/opinion is for you and DH to RUN AWAY AND HIDE!!!! This is how the zombies will get ya, they'll eat your brains @Lynn49 !! As a for instance I watched a clip this morning of a 47 year old guy from the USA with NO underlying health issues who said he had " relaxed a little " because the curve was going down in his State.
    So he attended this and that, nothing too extreme, he never hung out at bars, but he got it pneumonia first, then the Covid and with all his coughing he apparently dislodged plaque ( we all have some in our arteries ) .
    Well that led to him getting a heart attack! Then through the ordeal lost 30 lbs of muscle mass...geesh!

Now that he is out of the hospital, it will take him quite some time to fully recover.
    As expected he is now shouting out loud and clear to social distance, wear the masks and pray I suppose?

For me atm interacting with anyone other than my immediate family here is a no go.
    ROMEO and Shwa Girl like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    My vote/opinion is for you and DH to RUN AWAY AND HIDE!!!! This is how the zombies will get ya, they'll eat your brains @Lynn49 !! As a for instance I watched a clip this morning of a 47 year old guy from the USA with NO underlying health issues who said he had " relaxed a little " because the curve was going down in his State.
    So he attended this and that, nothing too extreme, he never hung out at bars, but he got it pneumonia first, then the Covid and with all his coughing he apparently dislodged plaque ( we all have some in our arteries ) .
    Well that led to him getting a heart attack! Then through the ordeal lost 30 lbs of muscle mass...geesh!

Now that he is out of the hospital, it will take him quite some time to fully recover.
    As expected he is now shouting out loud and clear to social distance, wear the masks and pray I suppose?

For me atm interacting with anyone other than my immediate family here is a no go.
    See, @walkonby ?! I'm thinking, "oh well, THAT'S in the US!!"...which is the attitude of so many here since there are NO cases! But we do have transients now...you southerners, grrr...and heaven knows, our street people are probably talking to them, too!!I mean, I do, but across the street!

Our DD agrees with you and @avoncallingu ....she called it a covid party, too.

I have 2 weeks. Ooh, and for the cherry on top...they're all picking "themes", although I don't know who's all going, yet. I hope it's a flop, I really do. It's just too dangerous. Yet this little voice in my head is saying, "but, but...there are no cases here!" Gah!

Ok....off to camp! Now here's the thing too....our DD is having her girls' weekend...one from the Sault the other one flew in from Thunder Bay!! Do I hug and squeeze them as usual, or do I distance myself? Do I now distance myself from our DD??! It's just a horrible, confusing world right now!!!

If I want to hug them, and I do and I know they want to too...it'll have to be inside the trailer...Some world, huh?? I mean, if I"m hugging out of towners, why wouldn't I get involved with the party, right?!

Natalka, walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree with Avon-I would rather worry what people might think of me rather than get sick.

Thread Information