User Tag List

Page 1849 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 849 1349 1749 1799 1839 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1859 1899 1949 ... LastLast
Results 27,721 to 27,735 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I won't be happy until I have every possible clear container filled with rice paper flowers....lol
    " Flowers " is a stretch, mine turned out to be whatever shape they darn well wanted to be once I plopped them in the oil.
    The flavour is outa this world, addictive ....worse than potato chips.

Name:  so many fried rice paper flowers.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  64.3 KB
    Skippy, GoJays and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I see that I'm quite a ne'er-do-well as I read but never post! dunno what my problem is as I feel right at home here yet I last post over two weeks ago!
    and when I do pop in the body is complaining like right now! I ventured out for a few minutes to try and move yet I stood most of the time yakking away with a neighbour and the damp cold finished me off. Friends if you can get out and about then you are blessed! Take your blessings where you can find them!
    My thought of the day.. while grumbling as I was brushing heavy snow off the truck this bird in the background was singing praises to it's maker and how much better I would be if I had the same attitude..perhaps not singing just not grumbling as much!
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I see that I'm quite a ne'er-do-well as I read but never post! dunno what my problem is as I feel right at home here yet I last post over two weeks ago!
    and when I do pop in the body is complaining like right now! I ventured out for a few minutes to try and move yet I stood most of the time yakking away with a neighbour and the damp cold finished me off. Friends if you can get out and about then you are blessed! Take your blessings where you can find them!
    My thought of the day.. while grumbling as I was brushing heavy snow off the truck this bird in the background was singing praises to it's maker and how much better I would be if I had the same attitude..perhaps not singing just not grumbling as much!
    @Skippy, that bird was there just for you! It’s maker doesn’t need its praises, people do….we have so much to be thankful for…we can walk, talk, we’re not watching the world go by from a hospital bed, or counting our final days as we await our next adventure, and we can hear that bird outside. We truly are so blessed.
    Wake up and make a decision to be happy and thankful; there’s always something to be thankful for. After my fall, 4 surgeries, a year of physio, I took a sheet of paper and posted it on our fridge (which I keep absolutely uncluttered)…..”I’m not in the hospital today, I can make my own cup of coffee this morning, the day is all my own.” Not to have to ask for that coffee, tea, everything!
    I guess it’s true, until we lose the capacity to do almost everything for ourselves, we don’t know how lucky we are.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Feb 28th, 2023 at 07:37 PM.
    Skippy, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Lynn49 I am also grateful, we ARE blessed and have to remind ourselves of that each day. If posting that reminder on the fridge is what it takes, then so be it.
    Now for my morning list of aggravations.

#1 DH and I were in line ( in person ) @ 8:15 with papers all filled out at a Service Canada Office.
    Was unable to do this thing for him " online " as they revoked his account. ( ?? ) . The actual process took about 8 minutes,
    the agent checked over the forms, stamped them and said that's it. However, we had waited until 10:30 to get served!! argh!
    #2 Once home I started the process to get him a special access code ( to be mailed ) so we can get his account " un-revoked ".
    #3 The coffees we brewed to take with us were sipped and gone long before we even got a chair inside the Office.

o.k that was all....but my nose was so out of joint for this stupidity of revoking an account with no explanation to why.

The Leafs play tonight!! Maybe that will be enough ( only if they win ) to turn this frown upside down.

Name:  doxie resized.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  12.6 KB
    Skippy, Lynn49, danger_dan and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Lynn49 I am also grateful, we ARE blessed and have to remind ourselves of that each day. If posting that reminder on the fridge is what it takes, then so be it.
    Now for my morning list of aggravations.

#1 DH and I were in line ( in person ) @ 8:15 with papers all filled out at a Service Canada Office.
    Was unable to do this thing for him " online " as they revoked his account. ( ?? ) . The actual process took about 8 minutes,
    the agent checked over the forms, stamped them and said that's it. However, we had waited until 10:30 to get served!! argh!
    #2 Once home I started the process to get him a special access code ( to be mailed ) so we can get his account " un-revoked ".
    #3 The coffees we brewed to take with us were sipped and gone long before we even got a chair inside the Office.

o.k that was all....but my nose was so out of joint for this stupidity of revoking an account with no explanation to why.

The Leafs play tonight!! Maybe that will be enough ( only if they win ) to turn this frown upside down.

Name:  doxie resized.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  12.6 KB
    Very frustrating having to wait in line. I agree.
    Last few Service Ontario appointments, over the last 1.5 years, made an appointment. Got there. There was long lines, so as not to seem like budding in line, just asked the line, "Anybody have a 11 am appointment?" When they said no, just excused ourselves and walked in to the section for appointments, and sat down. Was in and out within 20-30 minutes. This is Durham. Not sure if it is different where you live. Just a suggestion.
    Skippy, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Very frustrating having to wait in line. I agree.
    Last few Service Ontario appointments, over the last 1.5 years, made an appointment. Got there. There was long lines, so as not to seem like budding in line, just asked the line, "Anybody have a 11 am appointment?" When they said no, just excused ourselves and walked in to the section for appointments, and sat down. Was in and out within 20-30 minutes. This is Durham. Not sure if it is different where you live. Just a suggestion.
    @Shwa Girl so glad you mentioned about making an appointment because I DID in fact go online to do this, however for the issue we were going there for there was NO category at all to choose from. ( OAS ) There was every god darn other thing ( Health cards, Passport, drivers licenses, ) but nothing for us to pick and make an appointment, so yeah, another bloody aggravation. A while ago when we renewed our Health cards we made an appointment and like you said it was in and out quickly.
    Funny enough the security guard at the front door asked us what we were there for and said how simple this was and that we could just drop the filled out forms off " with him " and he would make sure a service rep processed them. Then he said just call the number every few weeks to check if they were done yet??? Good grief! NO.
    Skippy, danger_dan and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quick pop in, in the later afternoon.

Have a great rest of the day everyone.
    Skippy, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Shwa Girl so glad you mentioned about making an appointment because I DID in fact go online to do this, however for the issue we were going there for there was NO category at all to choose from. ( OAS ) There was every god darn other thing ( Health cards, Passport, drivers licenses, ) but nothing for us to pick and make an appointment, so yeah, another bloody aggravation. A while ago when we renewed our Health cards we made an appointment and like you said it was in and out quickly.
    Funny enough the security guard at the front door asked us what we were there for and said how simple this was and that we could just drop the filled out forms off " with him " and he would make sure a service rep processed them. Then he said just call the number every few weeks to check if they were done yet??? Good grief! NO.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @Skippy, that bird was there just for you! It’s maker doesn’t need its praises, people do….we have so much to be thankful for…we can walk, talk, we’re not watching the world go by from a hospital bed, or counting our final days as we await our next adventure, and we can hear that bird outside. We truly are so blessed.
    Wake up and make a decision to be happy and thankful; there’s always something to be thankful for. After my fall, 4 surgeries, a year of physio, I took a sheet of paper and posted it on our fridge (which I keep absolutely uncluttered)…..”I’m not in the hospital today, I can make my own cup of coffee this morning, the day is all my own.” Not to have to ask for that coffee, tea, everything!
    I guess it’s true, until we lose the capacity to do almost everything for ourselves, we don’t know how lucky we are.
    So true @Lynn49 you indeed have said it quite well,really like your fridge message.You are the real deal in attitude!
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So here's what we did. Both kids' passports had expired and had to renew as adults but with the recent backlog we weren't going to wait in line for hours on end to 'maybe' get a spot for that day. The security guard at our location was extremely helpful. He told us to come back after Feb 15 and try again. Well, at 8am one day that week we did and still had to wait for a couple of hours to see someone. Then he suggested that we come back around 2 in the afternoon, that it's usually much quieter then, so we did. We waited in chairs for maybe a half hour, we were called, application was checked and rechecked, finally we were approved and sent on our way. That took a grand total of just under an hour. It was just DS and I as DD was still in uni. She was here recently for reading week and we tried with hers. Same process, show up at 2pm, etc. This time though, the office was empty, we were the only ones in there. A half hour start to finish. Funny story, DS got his passport the day DD and I were in getting hers processed. It took less than a month
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Last edited by GoJays; Thu, Mar 2nd, 2023 at 04:31 AM.
    Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Purdee, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Thread Information