User Tag List

Page 1550 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 550 1050 1450 1500 1540 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1560 1600 1650 ... LastLast
Results 23,236 to 23,250 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and flemeth like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays . Chilly start to the day
    Skippy, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Brrrr!! what is with this weather? I went to fill the vehicle up wearing a long sleeved top and slacks, but good thing DH thick winter coat was in the back. There was a crazy wind tunnel at the gas station so I slipped on his coat and all was well again.
    It won't be a " sit under the gazebo day " here for me.

I am still trying to unclench my fists and wipe my bitter tears away at that asinine blind pass Galchenyuk made last night giving Montreal a breakout 2 on 1 to win in O.T. After clawing back from a 3-0 hole to tie it, this is the Leafs strategy?
    Saturday is going to be a bloodbath!
    Skippy, Silk, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@walkonby - listening to the radio and they're talking about the game on Saturday and thought of you. Who would have thunk it? Montreal is going to be rocking Saturday nite! I just may have to watch the game...

Prices are out of this world!:
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...me-6-1.6044020

Enjoy the game... and may the Canadiens win! (Can't say I'm a *fan* anymore - not since they traded Plekanec. But gotta root for the home team, yada yada.)

Have a great weekend, everyone!
    Last edited by Silk; Fri, May 28th, 2021 at 02:48 PM.
    Skippy, Natalka, ROMEO and 3 others like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1622135071661_6803727619611107755.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  43.8 KB
    Silk, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Friday!

It's been cool the last few days, today is the first time we got over 20.

Husband went to get the mail, brought me back a sprig of lilac - it smells heavenly! Tomorrow I will get him to cut enough for a case.

Have a nice evening!

Name:  facebook_1622086817797_6803525228281575209.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  49.2 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, May 28th, 2021 at 06:13 PM.
    Skippy, Silk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Hello fellow SC dwellers and observers!..where is everyone???...anyone???...I feel like I'm in a time warp...
    Saturdays are usually a slow day but this one takes the cake!
    What a weird week weather wise.Warm,winter than warming up again(today's thread is obviously brought to you by the letter "w")
    I am grateful for the opportunity to pop in and see some familiar faces(except today of course...) Usually I am better at reading the thread than posting as my shoulder pain is too much at times.
    Whatever you are up to today and tomorrow I hope that you're making the best of it and taking advantage of the weather.
    Be the blessing you would have someone be to you!
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi @Skippy , nice to see you A rare weekend visit from me. Just finished initial prep-work in the yard. We will be putting down either pebbles or mulch in half of the back yard. The tree we have there is so dang big that grass will not grow underneath it, so we had to come up with something because I was getting sick of looking at little clumps of grass and hard, cracked dirt. Just can't decide on mulch or rocks. Rocks will last forever, mulch is prettier. I'm thinking both - a little pebble path in between the mulch. Plant a few hostas along the way, some other shade loving plants. But for now, I'm sore and tired from clearing out the tenacious clumps of grass, so I will sit with a beverage. I may post before, during and after pics, depending on how it turns out and how much I like it.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, for 2 or 3 days, I have been unable to post. Tootie did leave our world on Tuesday. I have been so sad all week! Last Friday would have been my anniversary and today would have been my husband's birthday. I took a walk today to the place where our wedding photos were taken and then along a beautiful path by the river where we used to walk -on the Trans-Canada Trail.
    I have felt like Tootie is still around me as I see that a good part of my days were spent walking, and feeding, and taking care of her. My friend sent me a message that she thinks Tootie's spirit is nearby and cautions me not to trip over her☺.

I have done some significant sorting of clothes and separating out summer and winter stuff. Now I have to check to see if the tops that I have actually match the pants that I have. That may mean some more sorting and maybe a purchase or 2.

The Canada Revenue is on my case again..... Do I look like a crook?

My brother who has written the children's book was on the phone today with the Philadelphia Phillies bench coach who had heard of the book and wants to give several of his players a copy. BrotherB may actually get to give an author talk with the Phillies team. Cool, eh?

Well, I just saw the last part of the Over Time period between the Leafs and the Canadians - the action was all down in the Canadians' end and then, Bingo, the Canadians score. Very disappointing for the Leafs.....on to Game 7.

I will bid you good night. Sleep well, my friends!
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@avoncallingu I am so sorry to read about the passing of Tootie sending virtual HUGS your way.

Thats awesome news about your BrotherB.

I was very disappointed about the out come of the Leafs game last night. Fingers crossed the do better on Monday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Sunday all.

I am not liking this weather at all. My DH did his vegetable garden 2 weeks ago and now with this cold weather most of the plants are dying.

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful weekend

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@flemeth Good morning. Your poor DH veggie plants. I think my DH has just put in leaf lettuce seeds so far, but I haven't
    checked the status of them yet. I am sure your heart is broken over the Leaf's loss last night as is ours.
    Game seven? Have we ever done well in one of those?? I am unsure if I can even watch it now.

Sunday and we really have no plans. Coasting wrt the kitchen and cooking too. The guys have indicated it will be a Wendy's coupon kind of day. meh? . i won't resist.
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Happy Sunday! Well Les Boys pulled it off last night. I actually watched some of the game. Stopped watching Montreal play when they traded P K Suban. Suzuki and Caufield, two little guys, are putting the other guys to shame. Play on!

Anyway, our Granddaughters 18th B-Day surprise party went off well. We had DS take her shopping for an hour while we were setting up in the back yard. We all had a job to do; the 2 boys were blowing up balloons, 1 GD was tying balloons everywhere, other GD was getting the log banner tied and taped to the fence. DD and her hubby were getting the chairs and tables all set. And hubby and i supervised! And it was very very windy.

I bought her balloons with 18 on them and Bonne Fete, 7 in all. Food was delicious. DD cut up the vegies and made the dip and a macaroni salad with ham and pickle juice (very very good). We brought sliced ham that i baked Friday night, carrot salad, cole slaw and another macaroni salad. And we had Roasted Garlic Hummus and crackers, Baba Ganaj, Pepper Pate, Boursan cheese, marinated beets, cauliflower; chips, cheesies, i need those (doritos). Juice, soft drinks and DD made Sara a Sex on the Beach!

She was so embarassed when she entered the house and we all yelled Surprise! she had a place of honour which was decorated with streamers and balloons. And her cake was simply delicious. DS ordered the cake from IGA, chocolate her favorite. We all had a great time and it was so good to all be together for once. Last time we were all together as a family was last year in August.

3 grandkids are getting vaccinated this week, 1 next week and the 5th grandchild will be vaccinated ithe end of June or beginning of July because he is only 11 and will be 12 in July.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@SnowFlakey , you had me at carrot salad! With raisins of course? Dinner sounded delicious, so fortunate to be able to get everyone together, how wonderful!

Our GS turns into a teenager in 2 weeks!! We'll celebrate it here at camp, it'll have to be a large cake to accommodate all his biker gang friends here! They're such good kids. But it'll have to be special this year....13! It's happened too soon. 😔 I miss that little boy. And watching the Backyardigans, lol!

It's a gorgeous weekend here on the island, just perfect...no "transients" yet, hahaha! Just us seasonals.

I hope you all are enjoying a beautiful, relaxing weekend!
    Silk, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Thread Information