User Tag List

Page 1649 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 649 1149 1549 1599 1639 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1659 1699 1749 ... LastLast
Results 24,721 to 24,735 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy beginning to another week. The day started too early, but my brain won't shut off when I should be sleeping, so I got productive making 2 things.
    A pasta using medium shells and added cut up Marc Angelo sausage to the meat mixture. Then filled a single long narrow loaf pan with lasagna fare! That one pan will make 3 perfect sized servings when I make up the care food packages at the close of Christmas Day.
    Each of the kids will get one and the 3rd to my sister.
    Have not seen my sis in person since Christmas 2019, there will be tears.
    Skippy, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Monday all.

Have a few errands to do .
    @walkonby your family would be loving all the delicious food you are making. And I am sure it will be emotional between you on your sis after not seeing her so long in person. I can wait to visit my family in the US but I still feel it’s not safe as yet.

Have a great day all
    Skippy, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning....er...afternoon peeps.
    Snowed in this morning.
    Hope everyone is staying warm and comfy!
    Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good evening fellow thread dwellers! Hope everyone had a great weekend and day today!
    Still in slow mode so yes must be aging like others. Yet still not mature(and loving it! &#128540
    Christmas shopping is off to a great start-not! Actually I did Black Friday online along with Cyber Monday.
    Yesterday I tried spending money locally at the mall but it was literally too nerve wracking. I could not deal with the crowds.So I got my Muckdonalds app coffee for a buck and left.Will probably try again but on a weekday.
    I have already forgotten about some stuff that I bought earlier and I canÂ’t remember exactly where it is.
    But it will all come together in the end just like those generic Hallmark Christmas movies.
    Have a great week everyone!
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

Like @walkonby the other day, I woke atv6am and my head was swimming with the things I want to get done today. Primarily withbmy Cricut, so more fun than work, although sometimes the learning curve is very steep. Otoh, my grey cells are getting one heck of an exercise!

Dd flies home from 4 days in Old Quebec with a friend who happens to have an office at Pearson, where they met up after her workday. Wonder if she goes straight back to work when they land!

@Skippy , not knowing where we stash presents was always a bother for me! For a few years now, however, my Hubby has brought up a large clear bin that sits in my closet and everything goes into it! His gifts have been delivered and he's never questioned what they contain! Lol!
    Oh, btw, I have about a dozen Halllmark movies pvr/d. DH watches bits over his glasses when he's reading and usually says something like: oh, I think those two might get together at the end...and I'd reply with...I don't know, it doesn't look too likely for them... It's all fun!

Ok. Peeps! Onward to whatever your days bring, but hoping they're all good things!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Nov 30th, 2021 at 07:02 AM.
    GoJays, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ha ha ^^^ I think your DH is being sarcastic with his Hallmark movie predictions @Lynn49 , but isn't it all about the joy?
    I saw some report on the news about a bazillion new Christmas movies are coming to tv. Not just Hallmark, but others are tossing their tinsel laden hat into the ring.
    You'll be set for many years with your old favourites and now these new ones Lynn.

Have done diddly squat since waking up, but to be very fair I did plenty yesterday. My legs are reminding me just how much I did. @Skippy wrt hiding gifts as you buy them was my MO.
    This was in the past when I was coming in the door trying to conceal things as 3 rugrats approached, I'd pick the quickest spot, dump them and cover them over.
    Not the best plan as I too had forgotten where half the things were.
    I'm so much better at it now, sneakier, stealthy in my execution. Also 2 of the 3 are no longer living at home....ha ha ha .

Everyone embrace the last day of November and " shave 'em if ya got 'em ! "

Name:  Auston Matthews Stash.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  15.8 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ha ha ^^^ I think your DH is being sarcastic with his Hallmark movie predictions @Lynn49 , but isn't it all about the joy?
    I saw some report on the news about a bazillion new Christmas movies are coming to tv. Not just Hallmark, but others are tossing their tinsel laden hat into the ring.
    You'll be set for many years with your old favourites and now these new ones Lynn.

Have done diddly squat since waking up, but to be very fair I did plenty yesterday. My legs are reminding me just how much I did. @Skippy wrt hiding gifts as you buy them was my MO.
    This was in the past when I was coming in the door trying to conceal things as 3 rugrats approached, I'd pick the quickest spot, dump them and cover them over.
    Not the best plan as I too had forgotten where half the things were.
    I'm so much better at it now, sneakier, stealthy in my execution. Also 2 of the 3 are no longer living at home....ha ha ha .

Everyone embrace the last day of November and " shave 'em if ya got 'em ! "

Name:  Auston Matthews Stash.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  15.8 KB
    Boy that's one ugly mug on Sidney. Some guys can rock a mustache, he just looks weird and silly.

Enjoy your day of rest, @walkonby !

We have our booster shots this afternoon, then off to Costco; we've found Tuesdays are the quietest day for heading out for anything. It is snowing , but I shall persevere, tinsel and all! Lol!
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

tee hee, yes that would be an ugly mug on Sydney....IF that was Sidney. It's the Leafs scoring master Auston Matthews! ( sorry Lynn )

Has anyone in here ever heard of or tried making Polenta fries? Well if you love fries period, especially if you like sweet potato fries or spicy fries, these are the ones that satisfy that craving.

Using the entire tube of Polenta ( Aurora brand ) I cut it all into thick " fry shapes ".
    Then coated by shaking about in a mixture of onion & garlic powders, S & P, smoked paprika, and cayenne.
    Into a shallow layer of hot oil in a cast iron pan on the stove for 5 min. Flip them over, and pop them into a 450 degree oven for 15 min.
    They are amazing cooled off because they get even crunchier!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    tee hee, yes that would be an ugly mug on Sydney....IF that was Sidney. It's the Leafs scoring master Auston Matthews! ( sorry Lynn )

Has anyone in here ever heard of or tried making Polenta fries? Well if you love fries period, especially if you like sweet potato fries or spicy fries, these are the ones that satisfy that craving.

Using the entire tube of Polenta ( Aurora brand ) I cut it all into thick " fry shapes ".
    Then coated by shaking about in a mixture of onion & garlic powders, S & P, smoked paprika, and cayenne.
    Into a shallow layer of hot oil in a cast iron pan on the stove for 5 min. Flip them over, and pop them into a 450 degree oven for 15 min.
    They are amazing cooled off because they get even crunchier!
    See? I told you we don't watch hockey! They all look the same to me! Btw...neither of them are pretty.

Nice wrt the polenta. I can barely get Hubby into it...raised Italian, he'd had his fill; otoh, I do like it!
    I may email you for the recipe again after Christmas, @walkonby , when the wonderful madness has drifted away.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Nov 30th, 2021 at 08:34 PM.
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

DD and I were just talking about this the other day, lol...tasks loom larger than what they really are..

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ ha ha ha That describes me and finally tackling that storage cupboard eh @Lynn49 ?
    It was a bust on the polenta fries with DH and DS.
    Neither of them liked them at all........good grief! Guess this is the last batch of these I'll be making.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information