User Tag List

Page 1658 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 658 1158 1558 1608 1648 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1668 1708 1758 ... LastLast
Results 24,856 to 24,870 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What a chatty group today!!

@Skippy, always nice to see you drop in, but rats to that migraine. My Hubby gets them from time to time and has to take a couple tylenol and close his eyes for about a half hour to get rid of it. Hope you're feeling better now, and can get on with the wrapping!! LOVE doing that stuff...I fan-folded one for DD earlier today...a bit of a picky job but so satisfying when it's done.
    Don't get me started on the "Merry Christmas" thing, Skippy!! I know sales staff are instructed to say happy holidays, but I always say Merry Christmas back to them and to everyone else I have anything to do with, also. I'll say happy Hannukkah, happy Kwanzai or anything else there is out there, but they'd better say Merry Christmas to me or it'll be happy holidays to them, too!!
    Stay well, Skipper!

@GoJays, I haven't been in a WM here in well over a year and can't say I miss it. It is weird though, isn't, that some feel less creepy than others. There is one across town that I would venture into if forced to, but meh...between amazon and the other box stores here, I'm fine if I never set foot in one again. I'm not anxious to see anyone that badly.

@walkonby, your Hubby is such a softie! It's like my DH...he'd grumble to our DD about Jenny in a fun way of course, but you should hear him chat with her when she peeps to be taken off our bed in the morning! It's the cutest thing. Of course I never admitted to hearing him, lol...

I'm glad the province has reduced the age limit for booster shots, DD will be phoning on Monday to get her and her Hubby appointments...I hope the age drops to 13 again so that our GS can get a top-up vaccination, too. This may be something we'll all have to get accustomed to I'm guessing.

Gs's last day of school tomorrow, and she's taken off work from now until the New Year, so unless the markets completely crash, it'll remain quiet for her.

OK! NFL on tv...I'll get a wee sippy glass for the new Canadian equivalent to Bailey's DH surprised me with the other day...I can't remember the name, but it's a cute flat bottle with a big maple leaf on it; maple flavoured and reallllyy nice...

Have a lovely evening, everyone!
    GoJays, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post

OK! NFL on tv...I'll get a wee sippy glass for the new Canadian equivalent to Bailey's DH surprised me with the other day...I can't remember the name, but it's a cute flat bottle with a big maple leaf on it; maple flavoured and reallllyy nice...

Have a lovely evening, everyone!
    If you like those creamy beverages, or as DH and I like to call them - coffee additives - Wayne Gretzky's distillery makes a very good one AND it's conveniently located in the LCBO
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello, folks! Is it too early or too late? How can it be both?😃 I am beginning to panic that my Christmas projects may not get done. My car is in getting the bumper replaced. I have all day tomorrow to work on various projects, if I can just get back to sleep. Wondering what Ford will come up with tomorrow. My podiatrist did a number on ingrown toenails yesterday.......OUCH! AND he said that I need new boots that won't irritate my big toes. Kaching!
    Did I mention that I am baptising 3 little boys on Saturday, if they can be still long enough for me to catch them!😁
    6 more days.....yikes!
    I best TRY to get some sleep.
    Happy Christmas!
    ROMEO, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    @avoncallingu glad you drop in

Busy day here I would like to do some baking . My younger DD asked for cinnamon buns.

Have a great Friday all
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning morning everyone.
    Lynn49, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@GoJays , yes I knew about Wayne's coffee-additive, and that it actually won some awards, but I hesitated anyway because his winesxare such swill! Lol! I may try it next...this one seems to be evaporating. There are 5 Canadian ones I'll sample.

@flemeth , I had mentioned to our 13 yr old Grandson that if he wanted to make cinnamon buns with me this year, I'd love it. I never mentioned it again since I didnt want him to feel obligated to his Baba, but he brought it up yesterday, so we'll plan on making those Clone of a Cinnabon ones from allrecipes. Honestly they were the best, and if a 13 year old wants to bake with me, I'm in!

Chiro today, but I'm going to take next week off; I'm tiring more easily lately and find it tedious going out 2 mornings a week right now.

I just made up the marinade for the souvlaki weren't making for dinner here with the kids tomorrow, Hubby picked up a gorgeous pork loin at Costco yesterday and has cubed 4 lbs for it and cut chops for other dinners.

Ok! Enjoy your day, everyone!
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy TGIF for those that really needed this week to end!
    DH is off now till Jan 2 ....yippee yahoo! I am sure the remaining work on the bathroom shower reno will get done lickity split. He's been dragging it for over a week, but his paid job does that to him. So draining.

Fun, fun, fun in the kitchen again. Measured out the dry ingredients for 6 different recipes. Very organized in sandwich ziplocs, with various instructional reminder labels on each.
    These all need to be made/baked as close to the 24th and 25th as possible because " I said so! " lol.
    Actually I just want all of the items to be as fresh as can be for both the late night Eve noshing and dinner the next day.
    Fussy is as fussy does.
    @avoncallingu that tidbit about you holding 3 wee babies for baptism tugged at my heartstrings. So blessed.
    Really hope all your Christmas projects get done on time.

Both of you enjoy making up those cinnamon buns ( @flemeth and @Lynn49 ) for your DD and your GS.
    Now I feel like eating a cinnamon bun....too bad I don't feel like making them atm.
    Tweets77, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning!

@GoJays, yes I knew about Wayne's coffee-additive, and that it actually won some awards, but I hesitated anyway because his winesxare such swill! Lol! I may try it next...this one seems to be evaporating. There are 5 Canadian ones I'll sample.
    Would it help make your decision easier if I told you that I don't like any of his wines either? They're just so dryyyyy and flavorless. I'm also not a whisky drinker, like I mean AT ALL, yet there is one from his distillery that made me stop in my tracks. Don't ask, I don't remember which one it is. So I guess I should steer clear of the winery while making a beeline to the distillery

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Would it help make your decision easier if I told you that I don't like any of his wines either? They're just so dryyyyy and flavorless. I'm also not a whisky drinker, like I mean AT ALL, yet there is one from his distillery that made me stop in my tracks. Don't ask, I don't remember which one it is. So I guess I should steer clear of the winery while making a beeline to the distillery
    Hahaha...yes, @GoJays , they really are disgusting. As for whisky, scotch is my choice now and then...we seldom drink the hard stuff but once in a while when my Hubby has one, I whine for him to make one for me, too. The one we enjoy the most is Famous Grouse which can be hard to find since it's so popular. It's middle of the road as far as price is concerned, and of course better ones are available for special times, but I cannot stomach the single malt ones. Blah.
    Every Christmas my Dad would make up a Tom Collins for my Mom....she'd take a few sips, then declare herself zonked, lol and he'd have the rest. It was the only booze she ever touched each year and we all got a giggle out of Dad's excitement making it, since we all knew she'd only take a few sips. I do not follow in her footsteps.

Our house smells of the heavenly aroma of dill! Why don't they make a room deodorizer that smells of dill? Probably because like now, it's making me hungry, but it's the tzatziki that's made up for tomorrow. Hubby asked, as he was crushing the garlic, why I didn't just buy it....lol.. @walkonby , can you imagine?! Hahaha....'cause the house wouldn't smell of dill, Silly Goose! Fresh is always best. With all I have left over, I wonder if I should make a loaf of dill bread or dill buns like my Mom used to make....right now I'm resting with a Tylenol for back pain before I make up and bake the cheesecake for tomorrow. I have to do more prep work the day before or I'd be in bed, zonked on pain killers if I tried to do everything the day OF.
    The souvlaki is marinating with onions, green peppers and the sauce in a big zip-lock bag that'll get squished around from time to time until dinner tomorrow.

Carry on, everyone!!! THESE are the best days EVER!!!

GoJays, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby, I am with you on the freshness for Christmas. I am doing the desserts and a sweet plate for Christmas Eve with Dad's side of the family. Then I got everyone a small gift and am sending them all home with goody bags to snack on of homemade treats. Part of me just wants to go get it all done, so it is done. But the other part of me is, these need to be fresh so I really need to wait.

Right now the plan is Sunday or Monday to start with the Candies, roll into the cookies and then the plated desserts. As I am now also losing a day as Mom is having her Christmas on the 23rd. Normally the 23rd is my busy insane energizer bunny day.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Dec 17th, 2021 at 01:52 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Lynn49 I used a recipe from the ambitious kitchen and according to my DDs it’s taste great

Thats awesome you GS wants to bake with you. Next time I will try a recipe from All recipe for the cinnamon buns
    Last edited by flemeth; Fri, Dec 17th, 2021 at 01:58 PM.
    Lynn49, danger_dan and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Happy Holidays to all my wonderful Smart Canucks Family, because that's what we all are here, Family .

The Lady and I are off for two weeks this holiday, and I intend to stay offline for the duration of these two weeks!
    I need the time away for this screen.
    Sending warmest wishes for a happy, healthy, and safe Holiday Season.
    Happy New Year to all, and see you back here in 2022!

DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

o.k. @danger_dan we'll see ya in the New Year!! Have a most wonderful Christmas and may you, the Mrs and tail wagging Cooper enjoy all the fresh Country air every day! Build a snowman!

Loving all the boozy talk with Jays and Lynn!
    DH is ( as I type!! ) picking up our " nearly " FREE Keg dinners. Spoiled rotten we are. DS#1 gave us a $100.00 Keg GC last Christmas but, well...pandemic and all....also we forgot we had it!!
    The total came to $105.00 ( I ordered the lobster dinner, DH got the Prime Rib dinner with shrimp )....like I said SPOILED!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    o.k. @danger_dan we'll see ya in the New Year!! Have a most wonderful Christmas and may you, the Mrs and tail wagging Cooper enjoy all the fresh Country air every day! Build a snowman!

Loving all the boozy talk with Jays and Lynn!
    DH is ( as I type!! ) picking up our " nearly " FREE Keg dinners. Spoiled rotten we are. DS#1 gave us a $100.00 Keg GC last Christmas but, well...pandemic and all....also we forgot we had it!!
    The total came to $105.00 ( I ordered the lobster dinner, DH got the Prime Rib dinner with shrimp )....like I said SPOILED!!
    .... we got Pizza Hut.
    GoJays and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all Happy Saturday

@danger_dan . Hoping you have a great Christmas with your lady and Cooper. Will see you here in the New Year Enjoy you 2 weeks
    Lynn49, GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information