User Tag List

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Skippy - great deals!!!

Shopping done

12 500 in pc points, 38.00 ish in price matching . 1.00 c051.. 50c in ecipsa.

made a few pizza kits. prepped some bonesless chicken stuffed with ham and cheese.

i fully expect the next few weeks will be totally messy... so i want a few grab and go stuff to get supper on the table.
    Hubby and i are making a effort not to get take out.

making pizza dough later.. now just resting.
    i should go down and work for a hour on my desk. it needs love.

You got this!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have the taco meat simmering on the stove. Kitchen is clean and will clean pan once done. Then we can just make our food and put dishes in the dishwasher as we go for easy clean up.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@SassyAshley your mention of one pot chicken lo mein got us inspired this week. Here it is from start to finish

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I spent most of yesterday down and out with a massive headache/sinus migraine/eye strain. I think it was mainly eye strain as I had commented to Mom a few times this week my eyes were really bugging me and I think it was from the amount of time I spent working on my laptop all week.

I have been tracking my work hours because I find even though I know something seeing it on paper help me really see things. I averages 12+ hour all of last week trying to keep up. Hoping I can cut back this week as hopefully I only need to be me.

In the late afternoon I started to feel a bit better so I did get a few small things done. Made a batch of Cornbread, discovered when I went to get some soup out of the freezer we have A LOT of chili in the freezer so one night this week, we will pull chili from the freezer and server with cornbread. I made a triple berry ricotta cake, we wanted something for dessert and this cake is so easy to throw together, plus I had some ricotta to use up.

I still need to grocery shop, I thought about going this morning but it did not happen, it was -18 without the windchill, nope, I will stay home.

I wrote our meal plan, added a few slow cooker meals, plan for today is to get some ingredient prep done so most of my slow cooker meals should just be dump and go.

Got a bunch of cleaning I need to get done, it is going to be a busy day.

Happy Sunday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning

Went out to SDM this morning 8 am that’s there opening in first customer in , to grab some Of the Royale paper towels and all was gone. RCSS Is in the same strip so when over there and the shelves were also cleared guess people are hoarding. I just wanted to used up some coupons that will Expired in March decided not to chase this. Also had an offer for eggs for $1.99 and there is none.

Now I will just tidy up our family room and laundry is on the go
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning!!! not leaving the house today... i seriously could be a full on hermit some days. .... today is one of those days.

on track for today...
    bathroom upstairs..
    hall way vacume..
    dc rooms vacume
    laundry should only be 3 or 4 loads.
    make blueberry muffins.. maybe apple muffins or oatmeal cookies.

i should .. work on the basement for a hour.. and finish off the desk.... ... may be.. maybe not... not sure...
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day! Went to Walmart and then parked downtown to get my steps in. Did it. Hit my goal of 6000 steps before noon.

Walmart has a clearance shelf and I picked up a case of 24 Gatorade for $8.48 (expires July 2022)

Tidy the kitchen then see what else I want to tackle. Tidy the bathrooms for sure since tomorrow is garbage day so I will go around and give a quick clean and empty garbage cans.

Will go for a walk around the neighbourhood later today.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I started off the morning with a Selfish Sunday. I lay on the couch and listened to a soundbath (sounded really cool on the new speakers). Then I started watching season 3 of The Afterlife with Ricky Gervais. Kind of sad, black humour but I love all of the quirky characters..I finished the entire season today. I misinterpreted the ended as many did re the main character..I tend to like Hallmark movie type endings in shows.
    I'm plugging away at laundry today. Soon it'll be time to wash the dog towels and blankets, clean the crate and bath time for my canine bud.
    Almost time to start our first ever attempt at Samosas. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@crafter that’s looks delicious, do you have a recipe?
    I cashed out checkout 51 and then immediately found an offer I could use. Siggi’s yogurt and I had a coupon for 1.50 off. I use a lot of yogurt and with the Metro sale it will be 50cents each and I purchased 3. I also took advantage of my 8888 PCO when you spend 88.00 at No Frills. It’s been ages since I have had and decent when you spend offers and I had a very small grocery shop last weekend so this was good timing. I am going to walk to my local plaza as I have a 5.00 reward on my Cob’s card so I will get a fresh loaf for dinner. It’s also a clear sunny not to cold day so a nice day to get out.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @crafter that’s looks delicious, do you have a recipe?
    I cashed out checkout 51 and then immediately found an offer I could use. Siggi’s yogurt and I had a coupon for 1.50 off. I use a lot of yogurt and with the Metro sale it will be 50cents each and I purchased 3. I also took advantage of my 8888 PCO when you spend 88.00 at No Frills. It’s been ages since I have had and decent when you spend offers and I had a very small grocery shop last weekend so this was good timing. I am going to walk to my local plaza as I have a 5.00 reward on my Cob’s card so I will get a fresh loaf for dinner. It’s also a clear sunny not to cold day so a nice day to get out.
    Thanks! It was.. definitely a keeper. Here's the recipe I used enjoy! https://www.thewholesomedish.com/one...icken-lo-mein/

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

rats! I totally forgot about Ricky Gervais Season 3 of After Life being available I must pencil a time to binge!!

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon just got in an hour ago from toronto .We were able to give sebastian his xmas gifts and daughter made homemade pizza and she let me bring the leftovers home .

I may go out and shovel the light dusting off my driveway ,i guess we will see what will come our way tonight in the snow dept.

My daughter went thru some clothing and gave me a lovely red blouse and light teal joggers (which i dont own a pair)Plus a beautifull navy blouse that is a bit too tight but she said keep it mom you may lose some weight ( i may i may not )

I guess it was good to go see them before the schools open back up ,but then again we are still babysitting our granddaughters after school.

A little tired i did like 4 loads of laundry for daughter ,now doing one load of mine .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Made 2 loaves of banana bread with ds yesterday. I made puffed wheat squares this morning.

Tonight’s supper plan is pork roast with carrots, onion/potato bake, gravy, unsweetened applesauce, and tossed salad.
    Tomorrow’s supper is leftovers with speghittini and creamy rose sauce.

I’m continuing to administer rapid Covid tests to our family. Covid is everywhere. My local area has 11 active cases per 1,000ppl…which does not include the rapid tests. Some locations are running out of free rapid Covid tests. I was not impressed when I picked up groceries last night and the store was not enforcing the provincial mask mandate.

My lessons are all finalized for the week. My current teaching contract ends Jan 28.

Dh is doing a few home repairs. I’ll get a couple of loads of laundry done.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Busy but productive day.

To start, our kitchen was a complete disaster. We did not get all of Friday's Dinner Dishes in the dishwasher but we also forgot to run it Friday night. Saturday morning I also forgot to run it, by the time we ran it I was down with my headache. So this morning, I emptied, reloaded and did the hand dishes.

Then I restocked out tea as both containers were empty in the cupboard and what did not fit in the containers were sucker sealed to go into the pantry. Since I had the foodsaver out I also broken down the large bag of rice I picked up last week. We should now be good on rice for the next 4 to 6 months.

Then I restocked our spices, we were low on a number of staple spices we buy in bulk from Costco.

Next was some ingredient prep for the week. I diced up carrots & celery I need for a slow cooker meal. Cut up a red prepper I can either use in a slow cooker meal or a one pan baked dish I have on the menu. We also had a butternut squash we needed to use I cut up and we had that with tonight's dinner. I do not like pre cutting my mushrooms but since we needed some for tonight I cut those up.

As well I cut up a cucumber and pineapple for snacks this week. Back when I used to work in the office I would take cut up fruit and veg or even leftover veggies from dinner with me and would just leave them sitting on my desk with a fork so I could snack throughout the day. I do not do this at home but I need to get back into that habit.

Lastly I got the garbage out as it had the veggie and fruit scraps in it. As well I wanted to get it out before the snow comes.

Dinner tonight was supposed to be a roasted chicken but I forgot to pull it from the freezer so instead we had Steak with Sauteed Mushroom & Onions, Roasted Potatoes & Garlic Parm Roasted Butternut Squash. Nice change, we do not have steak often.

Now I am relaxing, watching Enough with Jennifer Lopez.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Didn't feel much like a frugal NF shop this afternoon when I saw the OOP amount, but it was a definite bulk top up sort of shop , including many new to us assorted flavoured water and beverage things, 3 OTC pharmacy type supplements and pain tablets ( they cost big time! ) along with all our of fresh stuff. meh? we shouldn't be back for a week or more at least.

At Metro ( ty @Skippy for the reminder about the sale on roast beasts ) we bought 2 large roasts, ( $54.00 worth..eek! ) DH will cut one of them into steaks. The other we'll cook as is. I must stop taking DH with me when I shop....another bakery cake was in the cart, and his expensive Balderson cheese!
    Other items brought the OOP up to $112.00 !! So I redeemed $100.00 worth of my Air Miles. Gotta cut the fat somewhere!
    lol.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information