User Tag List

Page 637 of 2550 FirstFirst ... 137 537 587 627 635 636 637 638 639 647 687 737 1137 1637 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,555 of 38250
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

spaghetti with a spicy sausage meat sauce with a tossed salad

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by protecteur View Post
    Well today i didn't know what to cook so I decided to try my skill at baking on the Big Green Egg BBQ. My wife wanted me to try apple pancake which I did! I top it with a sprinkle of icing sugar!

You can see the full recipe and direction on my blog: http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/2...le-on-bbq.html

Bonne appetit!
    OH, that looks great! might have to try it at the cabin on the bbq!

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

we had roast, mashed, green & yellow beans and gravy.

will add that i've gotten over the whole block of making pizza dough (duh, the bread machine does it for ya lol) ~ just waited for hubby to come home and deal with the dough. (i got the rest ready). homemade pizza is the best! might even try rolling out the dough next time! i have a few delissio coupons to use up, but after that...i doubt we will ever buy store pizza again.

and last night i got brave and made mini quiche thingy's with onion, bacon and cheese. omg. they were off the hook! so next step is to make my own crust. wonder how many more years that will take :/ it's funny how we get mind "blocks" about doing certain things...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We had homemade pizza too-so yummy!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The weekend's cooking paid off! I ate a little of the glass-type noodly mixture, a bit o ribs, some lemon chicken, and that sort of thing ( all day! )

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I made lentil soup for supper. OMG. So freakin' tasty! I think I just might go back for another bowl.

Thank you Google-- for helping me discover lentils when I started searching for vegetarian recipes online!

yeah, I know. It's pathetic that it took a search engine to get me cooking outside of my comfort zone. LOL. Before that it was always some combo of meat, potato, vegetable.

mmmm. lentil soup.

This was good because yesterday's experiment in cooking was a total disaster. lol. I tried out a recipe I found in Today's Parent magazine for black bean soup with cheese balls. Sounded good. Looked good.

But it was oh-so-bad.

My kids cried (yes, literally cried) about the cheese balls. Frankly can't blame them--they were goat cheese balls. Ugh. So gross. So I fished the cheese balls out of their soup and they carried on eating the soup (youngest STILL in tears). DH rushed to dump his down the toilet. OMG. I was so offended. I mean--ok--so maybe it wasn't his forte but honest to god-- rush to dump it in the john? There have been times when he made crap that I didn't like (eg his seafood chowder) but I ate it because I knew he worked hard to make it and I wanted to set the example for the kids, you know, so we don't end up with picky eaters because they have a picky mommy? So yeah--I've sucked it up and eaten stuff I hated even if it meant I was choking back my own vomit to do it. He claims it was because he'd mushed up the cheese in the soup and that he only dumped out half. uh huh. So why is your freakin' bowl empty???

He SO lost points for that one!

lesson learned: Recipes that appear in Today's Parent are not always kid friendly! (Or, DH friendly either)

Meh. Live and learn.
    Last edited by ninna; Mon, Feb 27th, 2012 at 09:38 PM.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

tonight was macaroni hamburger helper but instead of beef i used extra lean turkey, added onions, green peas and red/green bell peppers. side of broccoli.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

we are actually all home for dinner tonight and already have a Pork Roast Cooking away, going to have mini potatoes and some sort of veggie

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, ninna - what a story! Boo to your husband for not sucking it up, and doing at least what you did.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Last night was baked sole fish and fried rice and for dessert I made Pavlova Pie topped with light whip cream and berries - OMG it was fantastic I will be making it again...and again lol

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Pasta of some kind ( I have to see what I have left in my stockpile ) homemade sauce and meatballs Maybe some garlic cheesey bread too

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Taco tuesday - Old El Paso HArd & Soft Kit!!! DH's favorite.

blessedmommy
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

We had baked honey chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy and steamed asparagus

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

We were bad buggas and had mc D's. Used a coupon at least!
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    I made lentil soup for supper. OMG. So freakin' tasty! I think I just might go back for another bowl.

Thank you Google-- for helping me discover lentils when I started searching for vegetarian recipes online!

yeah, I know. It's pathetic that it took a search engine to get me cooking outside of my comfort zone. LOL. Before that it was always some combo of meat, potato, vegetable.

mmmm. lentil soup.

This was good because yesterday's experiment in cooking was a total disaster. lol. I tried out a recipe I found in Today's Parent magazine for black bean soup with cheese balls. Sounded good. Looked good.

But it was oh-so-bad.

My kids cried (yes, literally cried) about the cheese balls. Frankly can't blame them--they were goat cheese balls. Ugh. So gross. So I fished the cheese balls out of their soup and they carried on eating the soup (youngest STILL in tears). DH rushed to dump his down the toilet. OMG. I was so offended. I mean--ok--so maybe it wasn't his forte but honest to god-- rush to dump it in the john? There have been times when he made crap that I didn't like (eg his seafood chowder) but I ate it because I knew he worked hard to make it and I wanted to set the example for the kids, you know, so we don't end up with picky eaters because they have a picky mommy? So yeah--I've sucked it up and eaten stuff I hated even if it meant I was choking back my own vomit to do it. He claims it was because he'd mushed up the cheese in the soup and that he only dumped out half. uh huh. So why is your freakin' bowl empty???

He SO lost points for that one!

lesson learned: Recipes that appear in Today's Parent are not always kid friendly! (Or, DH friendly either)

Meh. Live and learn.
    Awww poor you . I kind of know how that feels lol, but I eat it even if its bad because I made it! And i dont want to give into others haha

Thread Information