User Tag List

Page 537 of 2547 FirstFirst ... 37 437 487 527 535 536 537 538 539 547 587 637 1037 1537 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 38198
Like Tree168986Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

  1. #8041
    Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Near Toronto
    Posts
    29,339
    Likes Received
    68053
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)




    This is a great link for recipes. When you click on the recipe it reveals the orignal hand written or typed recipe from someone's wonderful Momma. Very sweet.

    http://www.andyboles.htmlplanet.com/eloise.htm

  2. #8042
    claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    angus, on
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,336
    Likes Received
    4082
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)




    loosie, i love old hand written recipies... i saved alot of my moms. cute site!!

  3. #8043
    Smart Canuck Mamaelmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,272
    Likes Received
    869
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)




    Wendys 10 pack of nuggets and a large triple triple from tims thanks to my mommy

  4. #8044
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24,894
    Likes Received
    56628
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    This is a great link for recipes. When you click on the recipe it reveals the orignal hand written or typed recipe from someone's wonderful Momma. Very sweet.

    http://www.andyboles.htmlplanet.com/eloise.htm
    That is so sweet!
    My Mom, in her late years, wrote a special recipe out for our DD, and addressed it to her, saying that when she makes it, to think of her...You reminded me to frame it and give it to her this Christmas....Thank you!


  5. #8045
    Smart Canuck ninna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    3,932
    Likes Received
    4161
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    That is so sweet!
    My Mom, in her late years, wrote a special recipe out for our DD, and addressed it to her, saying that when she makes it, to think of her...You reminded me to frame it and give it to her this Christmas....Thank you!
    Awwww. That's awesome! Sure wish I had my mom's recipe box--but my dad decided he couldn't keep every single piece of her after she died. And--many of the best recipes were all in her head and not written down on paper. Still, I'd love to see that recipe box again with her girlish cursive on cue cards.

    I've written out my most cherished recipes as well as the special ones that were my mom's, and canvassed my MIL to tell me about her special dishes. Wrote them all out on cue cards for each of my kids and tucked them away into that special memory box I keep for each of them so that when they are grown up, they'll have the recipes too from both sides of the family!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

  6. #8046
    Canadian Guru cabmonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15,773
    Likes Received
    14018
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)




    Tonight I made tater tot poutine,lol. So that's tater tots, poutine gravy and cheese curds, yupp now thats a dinner lol.


  7. #8047
    Smart Canuck ninna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    3,932
    Likes Received
    4161
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    ^ Tater tot poutine sounds yummy.

    Tonight was "just tell me what you want to eat and I'll make everybody their own personal demands because I'm slowing starving to death while you attempt to reach consensus with your sister over what to have for supper" night. Normally I would never cater to each kid, but it's a long story today.

    DD wanted tomato soup and other DD wanted chicken fingers and fries.

    Absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever...hehehe...win some, lose some, I guess. Hey-- it put a quick stop to the arguing.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

  8. #8048
    claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    angus, on
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,336
    Likes Received
    4082
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    ^ Tater tot poutine sounds yummy.

    Tonight was "just tell me what you want to eat and I'll make everybody their own personal demands because I'm slowing starving to death while you attempt to reach consensus with your sister over what to have for supper" night. Normally I would never cater to each kid, but it's a long story today.

    DD wanted tomato soup and other DD wanted chicken fingers and fries.

    Absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever...hehehe...win some, lose some, I guess. Hey-- it put a quick stop to the arguing.

    lol that sounds like my household.
    tonight was mc donalds. mc chicken and fries and of course a diet coke

  9. #8049
    claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    angus, on
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,336
    Likes Received
    4082
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Tonight I made tater tot poutine,lol. So that's tater tots, poutine gravy and cheese curds, yupp now thats a dinner lol.

    that sounds sinfully delish.

  10. #8050
    Canadian Guru cabmonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15,773
    Likes Received
    14018
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by gracesmommy View Post
    that sounds sinfully delish.
    It was very good,lol. After I made it I was getting something to drink and my cousin saw my food sitting on the counter. She was like ummmm, huh,huh tater tot poutine well alrighty then,lol.


  11. #8051
    Canadian Guru Brandy Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11,229
    Likes Received
    34
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)




    I had mcdonalds. Big mac, frys & diet coke !
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

  12. #8052
    Mastermind Natalka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    118,045
    Likes Received
    147799
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)




    Last night was cheese and potato perogies, with sauteed onions and mushrooms.

  13. #8053
    Canadian Guru cabmonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15,773
    Likes Received
    14018
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Last night was cheese and potato perogies, with sauteed onions and mushrooms.
    Sounds good.

    So about 80% of the stuff in my place is veggie at the moment but I did buy some fish and tonight will have battered haddock. However on the side I will have: chick peas,peppers, and peas mixed with curry sauce.


  14. #8054
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    42,469
    Likes Received
    73978
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    well after doing the search in a few stores for the Blue Menu Sirloin burgers and coming up empty handed I decided to take a chance on the family pack of lean ground meat @ Metro today. It cost me $8.50 and after I added some diced mushrooms, onion, added the eggs, crumbs and spices it made 13 quite substantially sized burgers!
    I was actually pleased with the way they BBQ-d up and stayed moist and juicy, so frozen patties BE GONE!
    Sometimes I forget the taste of ground beef as I mostly buy ground turkey and chicken for everything. It is sinfully delicious, I gotta say. Brushing both sides of the burgers at the end of the cooking with the last dollops of BBQ sauce from 3 different bottles made me feel quite thrifty!
    Dinner is served..shortly.

    That's what I'm talkin 'bout!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Aug 20th, 2011 at 06:07 PM.




    babies teach us acceptance

  15. #8055
    Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    On the verge of indecision
    Posts
    13,970
    Likes Received
    15364
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)




    I'm going to a friends for a bbq.

    Yay no cooking tonight.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •