User Tag List

Page 1000 of 2551 FirstFirst ... 500 900 950 990 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1010 1050 1100 1500 2000 ... LastLast
Results 14,986 to 15,000 of 38251
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've had the flu - food isn't high on the list. I hadn't eaten for over a day, so after trying bites of things which might appeal to me at all, I ended up having multigrain toast with peanut butter and jam.
    I've not been a happy camper - I miss food!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I've had the flu - food isn't high on the list. I hadn't eaten for over a day, so after trying bites of things which might appeal to me at all, I ended up having multigrain toast with peanut butter and jam.
    Hope you feel better soon!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

got my six curry chicken thighs roasting in the oven.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

pan seared duck breast with a cherry reduction sauce.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Mmmmm ^ frugal sounds delicious!

I went early to shop and have everything bought, but have not started the cook off yet. Will be doing 6 very lean thick pork loin centre chops GF breaded and baked, same with the 5 discounted pkgs. of the skinless, boneless chix thighs. Russet potatoes, mashed, 3 pkgs Sweet Italian sausages roasted in oven slowly. Did snag lots of salady stuff on sale, so we will HAVE to make and eat that. Possibly grilled zucchini with peppers as another veg dish. Still have to find some cheap brocolli and carrots as our other veg...maybe tomorrow.
    Hoping this lasts us till Wednesday?? Never know.
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Jun 22nd, 2013 at 01:12 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hope you feel better soon, Natalka! It really sucks to be sick in the summer time...

I didn't feel like cooking last night, so we went out to eat. I did make some cream puffs for dessert though...they were filled with pastry cream and whipped cream...yum.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'm grilling chicken thighs tonight. I've done these before, rubbed with a combination of chipotle powder, salt, fresh pepper and dry mustard, brushed with bbq sauce as they cook They're a bit spicy, but DS will eat them! I'm going to add a bit of brown sugar to the rub this time.

Going to have a salad with it, since I just bought a bag of six romaine lettuce hearts again from Costco (I'm amazed at how long those stay green and crisp) as well as grape tomatoes, and got some peppers and cucumber from No Frills. My fridge is feast or famine - toward the end of the week it starts looking empty, and by Saturday I can hardly fit anything into it because it's so stuffed!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Have a pot of chili simmering on the stove. Going to make some cornbread in a minute. Not the greatest plan for a meal when it is high-twenties out, but I had the ingredients.

Ground beef: $6
    Kidney beans: $1
    Aylmers Accents: $1 for two cans
    Green pepper and onion: $1.50
    Frozen corn: $0.50
    Spices: already had, but lets say $0.50

For a grand total of $10.50, which will feed us tonight and easily another meal.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

I am craving seafood, so might pop into Loblaws later and see what they have fresh and will grill it on the BBQ and maybe have a nice fresh salad with it.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better soon

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Last night we were out shopping late, I had to work in the AM and than mom forgot her wallet at home so we had to drive home and get it and go back to where were shopping (half an hour away), so we went to East Side Mario's for dinner, had a Chicken Parm Sandwich, But I think I prefer Boston Pizza. It was kind of disappointing, the chicken was no where close to the same size as the bun and I think to compensate they put enough sauce for about 4 sandwiches on, I have had better.

Tonight, I will have to add this later as I have no idea but I do have a fridge full of meat I bought on sale yesterday so the options are pretty endless.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, all - I feel somewhat better, but surely not back to anywhere near 100%...

Yesterday by supper, I was so very hungry and since I hadn't barfed (sorry) since the day before and hadn't had the fever back, I thought I'd try real food, but sure didn't know what would appeal to me.... absolutely nothing seemed to.

Son had the great idea that I should pick something that usually I love to eat, no matter what - so we got takeout Chinese combos from the mall (there's an awesome place there).

Usually I eat about 3/4 of the meal (they are generous!) - but last night just picked on some noodles, though the broccoli and veggies were awesome so I had a fair number of those, and I had just a few bites of pork and chicken bits.

So the good part was it was really, really nice to taste a variety of flavours again (I've been living on gingerale and iced water) - I even had a bite of my son's egg roll and a sip of his taro bubble tea (which he got free for being cute and a regular customer, wowsers!). It felt good, too, to stop that incessant tummy rumbling.

Don't know what will be for supper tonight - odd how I wouldn't mind cooking, but I really don't want to smell food cooking.
    Being sicky is yucky...

OOO, the cream puff! I've never attempted something like that, and it's been ages since I had one!
    When we were growing up, there was an amazing bakery my mom got bread and goodies from (even though she baked a lot anyway), and a cream puff from there was a once in a year treat!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i have two little chickens in the CP, and will prolly make some sausage as well.
    mashed potatoes and my 'famous' pepper stir fry with apple crisp for dessert and some fruit.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Glad to hear you are on the mend Lady Natalka. Those nasty flu bugs stay with us for far too long.

I hope all you delightful ladies have a great day & happy cooking.

We'll be making homemade pizza for dinner tonight. Always a joint effort for myself & dh. My son also makes a great pizza, but he is working, so I'll make one for him to have when he gets home. I'm trying to better plan our meals so we don't stand in front of the fridge wondering why we didn't take something out of the freezer.

I really like getting some great ideas from this thread. Too bad we couldn't have a pot luck dinner party....can you imagine we'd be there for days!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I was going to grill chicken again, but my BBQ seems to have a leak that I haven't figured out yet, so not safe to use it.
    SillyLoocie and KelJo like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I made Singapore Noodles, Sweet and Sour Pork and veggie stirfry for supper last night.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information