User Tag List

Page 1138 of 2551 FirstFirst ... 138 638 1038 1088 1128 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1148 1188 1238 1638 2138 ... LastLast
Results 17,056 to 17,070 of 38251
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Leftovers night - never had these this often when our son lived with us! Plus, husband is eating less than he used to (not a good thing, he's a thin, lean, muscled man).

I'll have homemade chicken breast strips, baked potato and salad; husband will have baked crunchy chicken and potato salad. Husband only eats dark, thus the difference.
    harbie, SnowFlakey, KelJo and 1 others like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Hmmmmm, well you would think we`ve had enough of turkey, chicken etc, but nooooooooooooooooo. I made a roast chicken last night with stuffing, mashed, green beans, gravy and Cranberry sauce.

Tonight is leftover chicken, probably club sandwiches.
    Natalka, harbie, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hot bbq wings with coleslaw and macaroni salad. I had a craving for macaroni salad (the ziggys stuff) so decided to bust out the box of wings I bought on sale a week or so ago and cooked them up for supper last night...Tonight was leftovers which sadly the box was bigger than the contents with 11 wings in the whole box!! No more wing leftovers but I have half a bag of coleslaw and half a container of macaroni salad left.
    harbie, SnowFlakey, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Last night was Baked Potato Soup, this was our new recipe for the week and I LOVED it. I normally do not eat soup but I love potatoes so I decided to try it and it was so good this will definitely become a regular recipe in our house.

Best Part is, I was able to make the base on the weekend put it in the fridge and than during the week I just needed to heat it up add the last two ingredients and in under 30 minutes we had dinner.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

hmmmm..hadn't planned it but looks like I will have to cook a turkey today. I had picked one up before Christmas using the Foodland Turkey Bucks and ended up with no room for it in my freezer, so I put it in a tote and stored it in the shed as we were having -20+ temps..but now with the mild temps it started to defrost yesterday so I brought it in last night and have no choice but to cook it today! LOL
    Natalka, harbie, Zonny and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Last night was Baked Potato Soup, this was our new recipe for the week and I LOVED it. I normally do not eat soup but I love potatoes so I decided to try it and it was so good this will definitely become a regular recipe in our house.

Best Part is, I was able to make the base on the weekend put it in the fridge and than during the week I just needed to heat it up add the last two ingredients and in under 30 minutes we had dinner.
    I make potato soup in the crockpot, super easy and my family loves it. I just let it cook all day (potatoes, onions, garlic, chicken broth), then mash it up when I get home, add milk, cheddar, cream cheese. Serve with bacon. Nom nom nom!

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Recipe Please!
    harbie and gracesmommy like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I cannot seem to get the website I got it off of to load. I will try again tonight and if it still does work I will post from my printed copy at home.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Recipe Please!
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

omelettes with all the fixin's....ham, green onions, mushrooms, shredded cheese. mini sausages and toast as well.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

A little mix and matchy stuff for us tonight..
    Breaded veal scaloppines with mixed veggies, cheesy garlic bread, pear and brie with either bread or crackers. I'm debating whether to throw in a rice or potatoe in there but I think all that should be good

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Hot chicken sandwiches with home made fries, peas, small salad, onion rings (yum), and some home made marinaded mushrooms that i made last fall.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Here is the link to the Loaded Baked Potato soup I made

http://crockingirls.com/recipes/load...d-potato-soup/
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Recipe Please!
    Here's how I do it, other versions might be different!

Cut the potatoes, I leave them fairly big pieces since I leave them cooking all day. Put them in the crockpot (peeled or just scrubbed, your choice. I am lazy so I leave on the peels. ) Put in enough potatoes to fill your crockpot more than half full.

Add some chopped onions and minced garlic. In my big crockpot I do a whole small onion and a couple tablespoons of minced garlic. Pour in enough chicken broth to cover the potatoes. Turn it on low; I leave mine on for 9-10 hours and it's fine.

By now the potatoes should be soft (don't drain them). Take a potato masher to them to squish them up at least partway. You can make it as smooth as you like with a blender or a hand blender (that's what I use), or just coarsely mash them if that's what floats your boat. I blend them because I like it that way, and to hide the onions for DS. Now stir in about a cup of shredded cheese, 1/2 cup of cream cheese or cooking creme (flavoured if you like, herb and garlic is good!), put the cover on the crockpot let that melt a bit, then thin it out to the consistency you like with milk (warm the milk in the microwave first to speed things up if you want).

Serve with a bit of bacon on top. Yummy!

I was planning to have chicken (again) for supper tonight, but I'm tired of chicken! I bought a pile of spaghetti sauce recently at No Frills and had frozen meatballs, so we had spaghetti.

Here is the link to the Loaded Baked Potato soup I made

http://crockingirls.com/recipes/load...d-potato-soup/
    Editing to say, that's the recipe mine is based on!
    Last edited by Zonny; Thu, Jan 16th, 2014 at 05:41 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

DH and I are doing it together later on tonight!! Yup, we have everything we need, but the waiting is the toughest part.
    It is better to soak in water overnight making a softer result and of course will take us less time later on when we turn up the heat!! Then after 6 hours we are done!!!
    Martha Stewart's version of Boston Baked Beans, Mmmmmm can taste them already

babies teach us acceptance

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Chicken fingers, onion rings, and macaroni salad.
    Natalka, harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Thread Information