Thread: How crafty are you??

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not................

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

My mom is very crafty! She has her own etsy page (:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/silverliningdesigns

she has definitely passed on the crafty bug to me! I make handmade cards for family and friends as one of my hobbies (:
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I took a pic of the Christmas table runner I made before I put it away, and
    thought I'd share; I've just picked up the fabric and pattern for our new
    summer one in lime/orange/yellow citrus colours...

...that twirly thing is that star pattern I found on line and posted here somewhere...they're positively addicting to make! I may even make a few to hang in our gazebo this summer!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Feb 12th, 2014 at 09:02 AM.
    Natalka, TaraF, Angela273 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Lynn that is BEAUTIFUL!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I am very big on being crafty I started my own business called rescued wood. I build furniture and lots of other stuff. I also refurbish unwanted furniture and sell that too. I have a site on Facebook called rescued wood. I also crochet lots a gift for everyone at Christmas, and I just taught myself to knit. but I have been looking into making my own lip balm, soap, and other green household cleaners. any good recipes out there? sorry about the huge pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Natalka, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by darringleanne View Post
    I am very big on being crafty I started my own business called rescued wood. I build furniture and lots of other stuff. I also refurbish unwanted furniture and sell that too. I have a site on Facebook called rescued wood. I also crochet lots a gift for everyone at Christmas, and I just taught myself to knit. but I have been looking into making my own lip balm, soap, and other green household cleaners. any good recipes out there? sorry about the huge pictures
    Your pics were just fine...I LOVE your kitchen 'island'! I remember a site I used many moons ago regarding making soaps, etc...it was a Canadian site with good prices on supplies...I'll look for it after my morning coffee...

Btw...here's a lovely knitting pattern for slippers ... for kids (and maybe adults, too!) put dots of "puffy paint" on the underside to prevent slips and falls.
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...itted-slippers

Btw..if you join this site (and it's free with no spam whatsoever), there are tons of patterns for whatever you can think of to knit/crochet, with photos of the ones everyone made! It's quite addictive!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Feb 12th, 2014 at 09:07 AM.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you Tara, GoJays, Natalka, ThriftyGranny!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Feb 12th, 2014 at 12:33 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Your pics were just fine...I LOVE your kitchen 'island'! I remember a site I used many moons ago regarding making soaps, etc...it was a Canadian site with good prices on supplies and RECIPES...I'll look for it after my morning coffee...

Btw...here's a lovely knitting pattern for slippers ... for kids (and maybe adults, too!) put dots of "puffy paint" on the underside to prevent slips and falls.
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...itted-slippers

Btw..if you join this site (and it's free with no spam whatsoever), there are tons of patterns for whatever you can think of to knit/crochet, with photos of the ones everyone made! It's quite addictive!
    FOUND it! http://www.cranberrylane.com/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So beautiful, Lynn - such patience you have to do all that piecing!

darringleanne - great hobbies! Oh, I remember having knitted slippers from my oldest sister when I was young!
    Angela273 and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    74 (100%)

thanks all for your wonderful comments. and I will definitely be checking out those site thanks for posting.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I like doing various crafts. We used to have a weekly craft night. Each year we would pick a theme for xmas gifts. We also rotated houses each year. Then thjngs happened. Peopled mlved, got busy, got sick etc and we havent done it in a few years. I was just talking about starting it up again as kids have left and thers extra room here now. I dont know how much i would get done as im not feeing well either, but it would be nice to have the company again. we do a wide range of crafts between us all. If it gets going again ill update with wht were up to.
    Lynn49 likes this.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Love seeing everyone's crafty projects. I have recently started making my own cosmetics, bath products and cleaners. I also just got a Silhouette Cameo so now I'm addicted to making vinyl transfers, pillows with HTV and 3D paper projects.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Pictures?? That all sounds SO interesting, Sue!!! Good for you...isn't it just too much fun trying new crafts? I just purchased 4 birdhouses that I need to paint to hang outside where we usually hang planted baskets. With us now camping for days at a time, we've come home to dying plants...so...birdhouses it'll be this year! I bought a bunch of pastel paints...can't wait to try my hand at the houses!
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, that will be fun to do the birdhouses! When I had to downsize and get rid of so many of my craft materials, I just couldn't get rid of all my acrylic paints, so I should consider a summer painting project, too!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka....forget those birdhouses at Michaels...I picked up 4 identical ones at Dollarama for $3 each! I chose pastel colours, and I want to do things like this:

Not serious ones....just fun, funky styles, although my colours are more muted...seafoam green, robin's egg blue...
    I also thought I'd make each one a different season!
    Or...a different shop: toy store, bakery, antique shop, hat shop...SO many possibilities!
    Natalka likes this.

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information